Manchester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 30/03/13 - post-match reaction from p34

Dave

Glad it's over. Everybody expected a bumming and we got bummed. Don't understand the drama in this thread, it's not Pardew's fault if the players just don't give a f***. Main thing is we got through without new injuries and have four massive games coming up where I'm sure the performances will be a lot better and hopefully get few players back soon. Can't wait for Thursday.

It's not the defeat, it's the style of it and the lack of effort.

If there's one game where you can expect lack of effort it was this. To be fair I can't even fault the players, getting through without injuries was the main thing.

Agree here.

Many people were even saying pre-match that they wouldn't bother about this particular match, yet react like we just got relegated.

Not me, the one thing the players can do, for the fans that travel is try. Get beat by the better team fine but not surrender gutless like today.

And i would say that whether we were in the top ten, facing a cup game or no game this week. Trying is the minimum we should expect.

I agree 100% with this. We flew the white flag today and for me that is not acceptable no matter who we're playing.

Men against boys today like.

Or a team with a net spend over the last 5 years of 430 million against one with none - depends on your perspective I guess!

nah its got nowt to do with it. Shit manager vs Good manager.  thats all nothing else.

First rule of internet forums is you're not allowed to change your opinion.

Second rule is that if you change your opinion, your old opinion will constantly be brought up by those who held that opinion all along.

Sometimes it's funny though.

Or a team with a net spend over the last 5 years of 430 million against one with none - depends on your perspective I guess!

Man City didn't play like a team who had spent £430 million, nice try though.

nah its got nowt to do with it. Shit manager vs Good manager.  thats all nothing else.

Disappointing carry-on this like, the performance was fucking woeful - nobody is saying that the result was unacceptable but the approach to the game 100% was.

Disappointing carry-on this like, the performance was f***ing woeful - nobody is saying that the result was unacceptable but the approach to the game 100% was.

The money spent only crops up against teams who spend more, I wonder why it wasn't brought up against Wigan?

Guest neesy111

Disappointing carry-on this like, the performance was fucking woeful - nobody is saying that the result was unacceptable but the approach to the game 100% was.

:thup:

Disappointing carry-on this like, the performance was f***ing woeful - nobody is saying that the result was unacceptable but the approach to the game 100% was.

The money spent only crops up against teams who spend more, I wonder why it wasn't brought up against Wigan?

I think maybe there was something about refereeing that got the focus.

Man City were awful for the first 20-25 mins. Slow tempo,lack of creativity,even the crowd started to get restless.

Unfortunately we continued to play for a 0-0 instead of getting a goal and putting the pressure on them.

Starting the game getting everyone behind the ball,and then trying to go for it when we're 0-2 down is pretty fucking poor.

Couldn't watch the game today but by all accounts a pasting with a scoreline which flattered us?

In context, we've probably dropped no more points today than we would have, had we played well with the players at our disposal, but it's another embarrassing blotch on our thoroughly shit-stained season.

I lament how banal and unremarkable it is for us to be dry-humped so spectacularly. For all our weeks of four-out-of-five training sessions being focused on defence, we rarely show the discipline or organisation you see elsewhere in the league, and you always feel we're never too far away from the cusp of being absolutely twatted by a side that shows up with their finishing boots.

I'd be curious as to how our goals conceded column compares with previous years. :(

Again, not having seen the performance today I won't say it was necessarily the case that we lacked organisation/shape, but I have seen this in evidence in other parts of the season. Given our missing players, I sort of understand that we came here to grind for a draw, but I would have been in favour of slogging it out with Man City in a mental 5-3 defeat, because I know we're not great at just defending for 90 minutes (despite our recent European defensive heroics). Would give the crowd something to cheer about, anyway.

It's a meaningless fixture provided we stay up this season, and we've got bigger games, but it's just bloody depressing being the whipping boys. And I didn't even have to watch it like the rest of you. Roll on the Europa League, and next season.

If we're passive or tentative away against Benfica, I do fear for the worst, I really do.

Guest bimpy474

I'd be curious as to how our goals conceded column compares with previous years. :(

http://i.imgur.com/Vyu0nfv.png

95-96  what a team :smitten:

Seemingly the teams of ours that attacked conceded less goals, funny that.

Guest bimpy474

That's terrible for a manager who sets us up not to concede. Embarrassing tbh.

When you have a midfielder at left back and your third (fourth?) choice right back playing it's not unexpected. Not welcome obviously, but not unexpected.

You take this game in isolation if you like, that is a whole season of woeful defending from a team set up defensively.

Wake up mate, Pardew's a real problem we can't get away from.

When you have a midfielder at left back and your third (fourth?) choice right back playing it's not unexpected. Not welcome obviously, but not unexpected.

:lol: That's been the case for 31 games?  Because we're, erm, looking at figures across 31 games.  Jesus.

:lol: That's been the case for 31 games?  Because we're, erm, looking at figures across 31 games.  Jesus.

I wasn't aware the original post was referring to an earlier one containing stats from this season. Please accept my apologies.

And while I am flattered I can categorically state I am not your lord and savior.

I wasn't aware the original post was referring to an earlier one containing stats from this season. Please accept my apologies.

And while I am flattered I can categorically state I am not your lord and savior.

:lol: It's OK, we'll get through this.

I'm not sure if I can work you out btw, you seem to be defending/vouching for Pardew, yet some of your posts seem serious and some tongue-in-cheek.

What's your view in a nutshell, you'd stick with him next year presumably?