Manchester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 30/03/13 - post-match reaction from p34

Dave

Writing one game off, against an Uber team like this , where the effort and damage involved in competing is so high, compared to the other games up coming is acceptable yes.

Absolute garbage.

because its not critical of Pardew? :lol:.

No, because it's garbage.

As is we're capable of switching on and off at will, as if today was a one off.

Alreet, what did I miss?  did we play well and ended up being unlucky?

:lol: No, that's the opposite of what happened.

I thought as much Ip and David, was it the old play a defensive game but concede a goal anyway and stay the same then concede another and then TRY and attack city?

I thought as much Ip and David, was it the old play a defensive game but concede a goal anyway and stay the same then concede another and then TRY and attack city?

We went there to get beat 4-0 or less, mission accomplished.

Writing a game off when we're very deep in a relegation battle is ok?

I want to win the Europa as much as anyone but I'd take survival over that. It still escapes me why the two have to be mutually exclusive though - do the Europa winners typically get relegated?

Writing one game off, against an Uber team like this , where the effort and damage involved in competing is so high, compared to the other games up coming is acceptable yes.

I hope you are right.  :thup:

so do I.....

but just imagine how we would be feeling tonight if we had gone down with glorious defeat, say 2-1 , lost a couple of players to injury, had someone sent off for a pen, etc etc. valiant effort- far reaching consequences.

Having a go at winning a game of football doesn't mean that the players are going to get injured or sent off. This is a ridiculous argument.

You might, MIGHT have a point if we weren't devoid of any creativity, attacking impetus or drive to out score teams and WIN games every week. It doesn't matter who we're playing.

Was that a tantrum?

What makes you think I was thinking about you when I mentioned Tantrums then?

edit- I dont beleive we can compete with Man City without a massive fight and effort, that may be more than a point at best is worth.

I didn't necessarily think you were talking about me mate, I just didn't think I'd seen any.

Imo we can win any game of football on any day with the right preparation, attitude and application.

Sometimes you play well and the oppositions just too good for you obviously. Today didn't have to be one of those days.

ok, maybe not tantrums, but defo some spat dummies in a couple of threads, but anyway I guess thats why football is so good, it means a lot.

I just feel given the season we've had re-injuries and under manned squad for half a season, that todays game cant be viewed in isolation, and a manager must consider the games after.

I fully expect us to go into games of this type competing next season, if we still have a full squad/ probs less midweek games.

You just know football goes in cycles and im certain we will have our day against Man City when we are in form and they have problems- thats the time to judge us.

If we survive and we should, then Pardew gets next season for me, no more excuses tho, time for the shit football to stop, we need to see what this team can do with a pre season, lesser workload.

I'm doing the opposite of that and I've said so. Take the last two years as proof, the football has been largely uninspiring, we won more games last season because we were very fortunate with injuries and had two strikers on hot streaks at different times. At worst the football has been diabolical and there's many,many examples of it home and away.

I'd rather judge us over time, and Pardew falls way short of what we deserve imo.

I honestly think you're going to be disappointed. In fact I'm pretty much positive you are. I and others voiced these concerns last season, when we were getting results and everyone was fit.

so you actually do believe a manager should NOT consider the bigger picture?

Pretty much yeah. Tried to attack them for about five minutes at 2-0 then gave up and got pummeled again.

And I didn't hear anyone whinging last season when we were winning.

Really? ???

When we were winning? No. I saw people complain about HBA not being chucked straight back in and stuff like that, but by and large everyone seemed very happy with our lot.

Obviously I can't account for everyone and there may have been a few complaints I may have missed, however the number of people climbing out of the woodwork and playing the "I told you so" card suggests to me that quite a few are telling porkies.

We went there to get beat 4-0 or less, mission accomplished.

:lol: :lol:

Ive had enough of pardew, people were bang on the money early season.

I was thinking of letting the skinny kew have another season but im done.

I want to win the Europa as much as anyone but I'd take survival over that. It still escapes me why the two have to be mutually exclusive though - do the Europa winners typically get relegated?

so do I.....

but just imagine how we would be feeling tonight if we had gone down with glorious defeat, say 2-1 , lost a couple of players to injury, had someone sent off for a pen, etc etc. valiant effort- far reaching consequences.

Having a go at winning a game of football doesn't mean that the players are going to get injured or sent off. This is a ridiculous argument.

You might, MIGHT have a point if we weren't devoid of any creativity, attacking impetus or drive to out score teams and WIN games every week. It doesn't matter who we're playing.

Was that a tantrum?

edit- I dont beleive we can compete with Man City without a massive fight and effort, that may be more than a point at best is worth.

I didn't necessarily think you were talking about me mate, I just didn't think I'd seen any.

Imo we can win any game of football on any day with the right preparation, attitude and application.

Sometimes you play well and the oppositions just too good for you obviously. Today didn't have to be one of those days.

ok, maybe not tantrums, but defo some spat dummies in a couple of threads, but anyway I guess thats why football is so good, it means a lot.

I just feel given the season we've had re-injuries and under manned squad for half a season, that todays game cant be viewed in isolation, and a manager must consider the games after.

I fully expect us to go into games of this type competing next season, if we still have a full squad/ probs less midweek games.

You just know football goes in cycles and im certain we will have our day against Man City when we are in form and they have problems- thats the time to judge us.

If we survive and we should, then Pardew gets next season for me, no more excuses tho, time for the shit football to stop, we need to see what this team can do with a pre season, lesser workload.

I'm doing the opposite of that and I've said so. Take the last two years as proof, the football has been largely uninspiring, we won more games last season because we were very fortunate with injuries and had two strikers on hot streaks at different times. At worst the football has been diabolical and there's many,many examples of it home and away.

I'd rather judge us over time, and Pardew falls way short of what we deserve imo.

I honestly think you're going to be disappointed. In fact I'm pretty much positive you are. I and others voiced these concerns last season, when we were getting results and everyone was fit.

so you actually do believe a manager should NOT consider the bigger picture?

Consideration of the bigger picture is today's excuse for a spineless performance, what was the excuse against Wigan again?  Or any of the other horror shows this season for that matter?

Really? ???

When we were winning? No. I saw people complain about HBA not being chucked straight back in and stuff like that, but by and large everyone seemed very happy with our lot.

Obviously I can't account for everyone and there may have been a few complaints I may have missed, however the number of people climbing out of the woodwork and playing the "I told you so" card suggests to me that quite a few are telling porkies.

A lot of people were convinced that the results weren't sustainable tbh. They were told to pipe down then as well.

Really? ???

I think even the most 'positive' posters on here were saying we were playing like shite but getting results.

Really? ???

A lot of people were convinced that the results weren't sustainable tbh. They were told to pipe down then as well.

:thup: There has always been concerns at the lack of cohesion in our general play and that we rely too much on individuals.

I think you've got selective memory.

Guest neesy111

Really? ???

:thup:

Last season's motto, even from Ian, was "yes it's s*** but we're fifth so shut the f*** up"

Claiming that everyone was "happy with our lot" all season is blatant lying.

I don't even know why it matters that people have a change of opinion, unless it's to justify being in the minority.

Guest neesy111

Really? ???

:thup: There has always been concerns at the lack of cohesion in our general play and that we rely too much on individuals.

Totally.  Though I like quite a few still saw plenty to build upon last season.  I still think we've seen nothing of what Cabaye and Ben Arfa are capable of.

Last season's motto, even from Ian, was "yes it's s*** but we're fifth so shut the f*** up"

I don't even know why it matters that people have a change of opinion, unless it's to justify being in the minority.

First rule of internet forums is you're not allowed to change your opinion.

Second rule is that if you change your opinion, your old opinion will constantly be brought up by those who held that opinion all along.

Guest neesy111

First rule of internet forums is you're not allowed to change your opinion.

Second rule is that if you change your opinion, your old opinion will constantly be brought up by those who held that opinion all along.

Soo true.  Hence why sitting on the fence is the best option on here.

so do I.....

Was that a tantrum?

What the fuck do we "deserve"? Honestly man :lol:

We as a club, and the supporters, and this squad deserve a manager that can make the team more than the sum of its parts. I don't find that funny at all tbh.

I'll go and dig up a few posts from last season if you want? When I've got a bit of spare time.