Newcastle United vs. sunderland - 14/04/13 @ 12pm (Sky Sports 1)

Decky

There's no way he'll bench Gutierrez, if only for his experience. Luckily, he's in the middle of a purple patch right now. Therefore the front four will be Marveaux, Sissoko, Gutierrez, Cisse.

I hate to say it but i reckon out of those 4 Marveaux will be benched for Gouffran.

Feel like a right prick going round every thread putting people right, but again Pardew said on NUFC TV just earlier that Marveaux was rested tonight so that he could start on Sunday.

Wish there was a way of making key information like this more easily available than having it in one post.

My bad ! :laugh:

I would be very surprised if Gouffran doesn't play though, maybe he will rest Cisse :dontknow:

Get the feeling Pardew will want to freshen it up as much as possible.

:thup:

I think it's safe to say Cisse, Sissoko, Cabaye and Marveaux are definite starters so that just leaves it down to two places between Gouffran, Jonas and Tiote for me.

Marv, Ben Arfa, Debuchy, Haidara, Sissoko all fit and I'd be worried if I was one of them. The only real worry for us is Di Canio having them psyched up like fucking maniacs (Sessegnon only turns up for a month every season when the latest manager rocks up) and us being a bit knackered.

For me I would play:

Cisse

Gutierrez Sissoko   Marvaux

Perch Cabaye

Haidaira       Mbiwa            Taylor Debuchy

Krul

Perch is a must for this imo, or at least ahead of Tiote (maybe could accept Gutierrez centre & Gouffran left). Learn our lesson with our game at the SOS re Tiote, and the whole season really. Perch wns tackles but also keeps the ball and has good control. 5 fresh players (including Marvaux) with Gouffran, Ben Arfa & Shola available to come on... not bad at all.

I swear if we even draw this game and Pardew uses the tired excuse i'm going to go mental..... Debuchy, Taylor, Tiote, Gouffran coming back in, Marveaux and Haidara didn't play 90 mins and Hatem to bring off the bench.

Win the game, no f*cking excuses.

Guest JRandall96

Anyone else think we need Tiote?

As much as he's dangerous with his tackles he's also just as important. Anita/Bigi don't have the physical presence he has. Players fear the likes of Tiote and i think we need someone like that in our team.

My other main reason is so that we can play Cabaye more forward. Cabaye has had to sit back more defensive without Tiote meaning we aren't able to create many chances.

You either like him or hate him.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

The starting eleven I can forsee Pardew playing is a 4-4-2 with: Krul, Debuchy, Taylor(if fit, Willo if not), Mbwia, Haidara, Gutierez, Sissoko, Cabaye, Marveaux, Gouffran, Cisse.

Anyone else think we need Tiote?

As much as he's dangerous with his tackles he's also just as important. Anita/Bigi don't have the physical presence he has. Players fear the likes of Tiote and i think we need someone like that in our team.

My other main reason is so that we can play Cabaye more forward. Cabaye has had to sit back more defensive without Tiote meaning we aren't able to create many chances.

You either like him or hate him.

Long term i would like an upgrade or a change in shape with Sissoko deeper but i do agree he definitely frees up Cabaye just by being there which outweighs the negatives IMO.

I hope tonight (last night now) hasn't taken too much out of the players, they looked both physically and mentally knackered.  I hope my voice returns for the game as it's just about gone at the minute.

Tiote can win the ball well don't get me wrong, but what good is that if hes just going to give it straight back? The man has been a total liability in almost every game hes played this season and we are actually lucky not to have conceded more goals from some of his dawdling on the ball.

Not worth the risk, and I truly believe hes been found out in this league, would have no qualms with us cashing in on him if the price was right.

I hope tonight (last night now) hasn't taken too much out of the players, they looked both physically and mentally knackered.  I hope my voice returns for the game as it's just about gone at the minute.

Don't think it will matter too much if i'm honest, we will have 4 players to come back in and 2 further more who didn't play 90 mins tonight plus Hatem to bring off the bench.

We have enough options to keep it fresh IMO.

Marv, Ben Arfa, Debuchy, Haidara, Sissoko all fit and I'd be worried if I was one of them. The only real worry for us is Di Canio having them psyched up like f***ing maniacs (Sessegnon only turns up for a month every season when the latest manager rocks up) and us being a bit knackered.

Definitely. We should have far too much for them and it's been ages since I felt so confident ahead of a derby. Which is really worrying!  :frantic:

Is that 5 wins and 2 draws in our last 7 at home?

You hate to go into Derbies full of confidence and expecting to win as of course owt could happen but , i'm going into this Derby full of confidence and expecting to win.

Guest Roger Kint

Krul

Debuchy    Taylor    Yanga-Mbiwa    Haidara

Cabaye      Tiote

Marveaux          Sissoko          Gouffran

Cisse

Bench: Elliot, Simpson, Perch, Anita, Jonas, Ben Arfa, Ameobi

Feels extremely harsh on Jonas after recent performances, so maybe we'll see him in there for Gouffran or Tiote.

Overall that 18 looks miles better than anything we've had available to us recently.

Would love to see this team.

Guest Lenny007

Worth a flutter for the slip alone...

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y531/patsiebusbridge/BookiesSlip_zps2ef74021.jpg

Krul

Cabaye      Tiote

Cisse

Feels extremely harsh on Jonas after recent performances, so maybe we'll see him in there for Gouffran or Tiote.

Overall that 18 looks miles better than anything we've had available to us recently.

Dat team...

We'd be silly to leave Tiote out of this game, it's a derby and there needs to be someone dominating the midfield, he's fresh after not playing last night aswell...

Jonas and Sissoko may need a rest, we could freshen the whole team up with the following:

------------------------Krul--------------------------

Debuchy-----Tayls--------Mapou-------Haidara

Ben Arfa-----Tiote-------Cabaye------Gouffran

-------------------Marvellous Marv----------

-------------------Cisse----------------------

Bench: Elliot, Perch, Jonas, Sissoko, Anita, Shola

When Tiote gets a yellow bring Jonas on, any defensive injuries and we have anita and perch, if attack needs freshened on comes sissoko and Shola the mackem slayer :frantic: :smitten:

Krul

Cabaye      Tiote

Cisse

Wonder if swapping Marveaux for Sissoko (positionally) might be a tad more effective?