Newcastle United vs. sunderland - 14/04/13 @ 12pm (Sky Sports 1)

Decky

Reckon it will be manic in midfield.

Luckily we will monster them.

I'm being honest here, i think it will be tough for about 25-30 mins or so. They'll have so much energy and be all hyped up. Closing everything down like mad dogs. Think they'll tire, we'll score and their heads will drop. Repeat for the 2nd half.

Guest icemanblue

I'm a little worried about picking up injuries. I am absolutely certain they try and bully us early on.

Cabaye needs to keep a calm head - his tackling has been as dodgy as Tiote's recently.

That's my fear, like. He's due a red card if he keeps up his reckless challenges.

Guest neesy111

I'm a little worried about picking up injuries. I am absolutely certain they try and bully us early on.

Cabaye needs to keep a calm head - his tackling has been as dodgy as Tiote's recently.

That's my fear, like. He's due a red card if he keeps up his reckless challenges.

:sadnod:

Derbies are always hard to predict and as he saying goes, form goes out of the window.

This one will be especially tough because they have just got a new manager who seems to specialize in motivation, he has had a full week with them to prepare for the game and to try to improve their fitness which he thinks is below par. They will be desperate for a decent result after losing his first game in charge at Chelsea and we are coming off a tough week with a side who will be jaded.

Tiote must come back in because he is fresh and the m/f battle will be intense - Cabaye MUST keep a cool head because if he goes off with a red, we are stuffed.

The only thing that can be said with any certainty about this game is that, even more than usual, it will not be for the faint-hearted ; the points are vital to both clubs as well as the bragging rights and the referee will have to be spot-on if trouble is to be avoided.

I wouldn't attempt to put a scoreline on it but neutral fans will be licking their lips....those who like steak will be wanting it med-rare before - and after - this match.....!

Guest neesy111

Got to start like we did at there place.  Do that and we'll win comfortably unless we get a stupid sending off.......

Guest Roger Kint

'Hope you fucking crash' - You stay classy sunderland.......

Whats with the strange Last of the Summer Wine type music as well?  :lol:

Derbies are always hard to predict and as he saying goes, form goes out of the window.

This one will be especially tough because they have just got a new manager who seems to specialize in motivation, he has had a full week with them to prepare for the game and to try to improve their fitness which he thinks is below par. They will be desperate for a decent result after losing his first game in charge at Chelsea and we are coming off a tough week with a side who will be jaded.

Tiote must come back in because he is fresh and the m/f battle will be intense - Cabaye MUST keep a cool head because if he goes off with a red, we are stuffed.

The only thing that can be said with any certainty about this game is that, even more than usual, it will not be for the faint-hearted ; the points are vital to both clubs as well as the bragging rights and the referee will have to be spot-on if trouble is to be avoided.

I wouldn't attempt to put a scoreline on it but neutral fans will be licking their lips....those who like steak will be wanting it med-rare before - and after - this match.....!

I don't think there's been a derby win in my lifetime thats went against form (maybe one, the play off), one or two draws but not enough to make the line anywhere near plausable.

We have the better team, the better form and that is normally the guide as to the winner.

Agree re Cabaye mind.

It's a derby match and form goes out of the window in derby match. They've got a new manager as well and he'll have them up for this game, so it's important that we remain tight, focused and try to stop them playing their game. This is when we need our Tiote's, our Perch's and our Jonas' to stick a tackle in midfield and make things difficult for them, big Shola up top winning them headers and roughing up their defenders. If it gets to the last 20 minutes and it's still 0-0 then I'll fancy us to nick it with Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Cisse coming off the bench.

So, looks like

Krul

Debuchy Taylor* Yanga-Mbiwa Haidara

Cabaye Tiote

Marveaux    Sissoko  Gouffran

Cissé

Elliot, Williamson, Perch, Anita, Ben Arfa, Jonas, Ameobi

Only questions really are whether Taylor is fit and if he shoe-horns Jonas in there somewhere. Any chance of R.Taylor being fit for bench duty? Would love to have as many mackem-destroyers on the bench as possible tbh :lol:

Still, there's so much quality in that starting XI, as well as game changers on the bench, that I really can't see anything but a home win.