Benfica or mackems. Which is More Important?

MyPalAl
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest icemanblue

How's it small time? I could understand if this was a final, but it's not. We'd still have three, very difficult, games to play to win this thing. Alternatively, there's one, quite difficult, game (against our fierce rivals) to win in order to near guarantee our Premier League status.

I could live with us going out tonight, even though I'd be sore for a day or so. It's not a cut and dried opportunity to win a cup. Lose against that lot and, well, that's just fucking shit.

How's it small time? I could understand if this was a final, but it's not. We'd still have three, very difficult, games to play to win this thing. Alternatively, there's one, quite difficult, game (against our fierce rivals) to win in order to near guarantee our Premier League status.

I could live with us going out tonight, even though I'd be sore for a day or so. It's not a cut and dried opportunity to win a cup. Lose against that lot and, well, that's just fucking shit.

:thup:

Living away from Newcastle means I'm not as bothered about the stick from Sunderland fans... I just think Europe is a chance to have a bit of excitement for the end of the season.

Same here. As much as I appreciate they are mongs, I don't have to deal with it on an everyday basis.

The fact that it's sunderland shouldn't really matter - more the survival aspect. It's small time to want to beat them because they are sunderland rather than try for a cup in Europe :lol: however, with the relegation scenario it becomes a legitimate worry.

It's nice having the rivalry, but when you're talking about beating a local rival as being more important than progressing to the SF of European Competition, it's really cringeworthy IMO. I understand there is the added element of survival, but we have 4 teams between us and the drop, and I find it very unlikely that all four of those teams are going to do better than us, especially given we don't have that difficult a run in.

I could live with us going out tonight, even though I'd be sore for a day or so. It's not a cut and dried opportunity to win a cup. Lose against that lot and, well, that's just f***ing s***.

Mainly because all things considered we will probably not get this far again for a long time, or even qualify for the thing.

We will stay up and we will beat the mackems again, we might not have the opportunity to get to a European semi's for a long long time.

We are not some massive club that qualifies for Europe every year, opportunities like this don't come along too often.

Guest icemanblue

My original post on the matter:

I really don't know. I think we can get through tonight, but we're unlikely to win the whole thing. So, for that reason, I'd be more inclined to choose beating the mackems, guaranteeing our safety and putting them reet in the shite.

I'll just leave it at that, then back out of the room with narrowed eyes, shaking my head slightly.

This whole question is a fallacy anyway, I think we're infinitely more likely to beat Sunderland coming off another infamous scouse-esque great night in Europe.

Aye, win tonight we'll win both http://i.imgur.com/S0W6N.gif

Living away from Newcastle means I'm not as bothered about the stick from Sunderland fans... I just think Europe is a chance to have a bit of excitement for the end of the season.

Same here. As much as I appreciate they are mongs, I don't have to deal with it on an everyday basis.

The fact that it's sunderland shouldn't really matter - more the survival aspect. It's small time to want to beat them because they are sunderland rather than try for a cup in Europe :lol: however, with the relegation scenario it becomes a legitimate worry.

I think we only need one more win to stay up, although it would be squeaky bum time. I think we would get that regardless of the derby result.

We'd only go and get bummed by Spurs in the semis anyway.

or Chelski

Both of whom we have beaten this season.

but we've not beaten benfica and they arte the more difficult side to overcome

no santon(not entirely a bad thing), no debeuchy, no colo and williamson back in the sidre for the first time in 14 games.

also having to overcome a 3-1 loss, its a big ask

would much rather focus on the mackems and staying in the league and sending then horrible gits down and most importantly not picking up any more injuries or rushing players back from injury like ben arfa