Alan Pardew

Mike

Anyone blaming the frenchies needs to look at our results before january. We went on a little run after signing these players and in the end it might be what keeps us up.

Better yet, those who blame the Frenchies should have the balls to name a team to start without them. We can put out a side to suit Pards tactics with no Frenchies in sight.

Luke Edwards is a real cretin, to be fair, he's been grinding the axe all season.

He can seriously F off. Local journalist grinding an axe. Now's about time the local journalists try to galvanize the supporters and get everyone to back us to safety and then grind the axe if they want.

I obviously don't understand/care to tip toe the sell the papers, do their job type stuff.

Anyone blaming the frenchies needs to look at our results before january. We went on a little run after signing these players and in the end it might be what keeps us up.

I find the whole thing very :anguish: worthy..... as soon as we start to struggle people resort to clichés and stereotypes and ignore what the real problems are.

The whole this wouldn't happen with english players lark is even worse :anguish:

Although 'dressing room splits' always sound bad and are a staple of relegation, these are doing it for the right reasons. It actually shows they care and want to win, yet they're held back by Pardew's tactics. If Pardew gets scared and backs off a bit - gives them what they want - this might be beneficial in the short term. Might just be enough.

I find the whole thing very :anguish: worthy..... as soon as we start to struggle people resort to clichés and stereotypes and ignore what the real problems are.

The whole this wouldn't happen with english players lark is even worse :anguish:

This is symbolic of such a situation. When the shit's hit the fan, people get angry at a bunch of stuff, even if it's largely irrelevant.

Luke Edwards is a real cretin, to be fair, he's been grinding the axe all season.

It's not just the journos tbf Rich. We've had Gary Neville saying the same thing on Sky tonight. We have fans on here who have expressed similar views. Seems like while it's okay for other British teams to field a side of internationals, we are expected to field home grown players who eat chip butties and head for the pub after training.

I do think we're missing an English spine, we also lack a real leader on the pitch and certainly one on the touchline, and without all this the French lads are direction-less. I don't blame them, but this is a problem IMO and needs addressing. A stronger manager would be the easiest solution, but sometimes managers do all they can and its up to the players and we've got nothing to pull it round once they cross the line. We haven't even got someone as influential as Barton never mind a Nolan type character and I think at times like this we suffer for it.

Problem is who could we realistically bring in who has all those qualities that make a good captain while also being good enough to fit in our squad and in our price range? I really thought it was Cabaye (realistically it can't be an Englishman in this setup) but I hope he never captains the club again.

Think he lost the majority of the dressing room when accommodating Ba at the start of the season. I know he scored the goals but the system that was working, that everyone was playing well in at the end of the season, was dumped so Ba didn't spit his dummy out again.

I do think we're missing an English spine, we also lack a real leader on the pitch and certainly one on the touchline, and without all this the French lads are direction-less. I don't blame them, but this is a problem IMO and needs addressing. A stronger manager would be the easiest solution, but sometimes managers do all they can and its up to the players and we've got nothing to pull it round once they cross the line. We haven't even got someone as influential as Barton never mind a Nolan type character and I think at times like this we suffer for it.

Problem is who could we realistically bring in who has all those qualities that make a good captain while also being good enough to fit in our squad and in our price range? I really thought it was Cabaye (realistically it can't be an Englishman in this setup) but I hope he never captains the club again.

I rest my case.

Oh great people resorting to cliches and stereotypes and plain ignoring what our actual problems are  :jesuswept:

Gary Neville made mention of a clique in our dressing room on MNF too.

Whether its the case or not, i see Neville has finally resorted to cliches and stereotypes like everyone else in the media.

Guess you're not a big fan of clichés  :lol:

It's not just the journos tbf Rich. We've had Gary Neville saying the same thing on Sky tonight. We have fans on here who have expressed similar views. Seems like while it's okay for other British teams to field a side of internationals, we are expected to field home grown players who eat chip butties and head for the pub after training.

Gary Neville is as much a fraud as Pardew for me, although I know some won't agree with that.

He's marginally better than the rest of the absolute shit that constitutes punditry and analysis on the major football programmes we get fed.

If your point was that if Luke Edwards is a cretin, then so are Gary Neville and some posters on here then I definitely agree :thup:

It's verging on racism some of that journalism. Our shit season is down to our shit ENGLISH manager and the dross he's produced. He's indefensible now, there is nothing positive about him keeping his job.

I rest my case.

You didn't read it did you?

It's verging on racism some of that journalism. Our s*** season is down to our s*** ENGLISH manager and the dross he's produced. He's indefensible now, there is nothing positive about him keeping his job.

More Xenophobia than racism, but aye its ridiculous all the same.

The french players that are here all came to be part of a "project". The club and Pardew must have really made one hell of a pitch when they met. They obviously now realize that Pardew is just a fraud and that under him there is no project. He's not a leader by any means (in the same way that Hughton wasn't), and it looks like his football isn't up to scratch.

utter bollocks, how was our english spine when we were last relegated?

harper ,  saylor in central defence,  midfield of butt, nolan, guthrie smith.

Guest neesy111

It's amazing how the whole media in this country still don't think English managers and coaches are from the dark ages with their methods.  Only Rodgers has something about him. 

utter bollocks, how was our english spine when we were last relegated?

harper ,  saylor in central defence,  midfield of butt, nolan, guthrie smith.

That's the spine of a jellyfish though. Missing the point entirely.