Alan Pardew

Mike

I'm not confident. I'm just not going to start throwing ridiculous comments out for the sake of negativity.

Wigan are still 5 points off us. They haven't shown form all season and there's nothing to suggest that they will now.

Wigan have been in this position for the last 4 seasons, did it matter to them then that they were behind teams? 

We finished 5th last season. The past means nowt in the here and now.

Over their past 5 league matches, Wigan have drawn Spurs, drawn QPR, lost 0-1 at City, and beaten Norwich. They're not world-beaters, but you'd be hard-pressed to tell me we're in better form at the moment.

And the end of season experience absolutely helps them in this. They've staved-off relegation successfully the past few years. The last time we were this far down, we failed.

Wigan winning 3 of their last 4 :lol: They're worse than us man.

They aren't at the minute.

They are.

Of course they aren't, man. They're attacking games and picking up points. That said, they're not gonna win 3 out of 4. So one win will be enough.

Oh, and a last minute own goal prevented Wigan from beating the 5th best team in the league containing the player's player of the year at the weekend. We got beat 6-0 by the 7th best team without their best player.

Spot the difference.

Wigan winning 3 of their last 4 :lol: They're worse than us man.

They aren't at the minute.

They are.

Of course they aren't, man. They're attacking games and picking up points. That said, they're not gonna win 3 out of 4. So one win will be enough.

I'm not confident we'll get even one win. The form over the past few games is some of the worst I've ever seen.

Guest Dontooner

If Wigan win the cup.........................................is a couple of points away from us...i will start pissing my pants.

This is going to be an awful week with the build of of fear and worry. 

It will be fun man, just don't let football get in the way. I plan to watch paint dry on Sat rather than watch/listen/check results

They are.

We can play this all night, they aren't.  They're playing better football than we are and have better current form.  IF we are relying on them giving up because of a cup final then we're in trouble because no team is going to prioritise the FA Cup over league status.

I'm with Mick on this one. If we are relying on other teams to give us the results we want we are in trouble, at the end of the season results always go topsy turvy. Teams that are safe rest players and hand the bottom teams wins from nowhere. We have to do this ourselves and that utter dolt Pardew has to instill this into the team.

I'm with Mick on this one. If we are relying on other teams to give us the results we want we are in trouble, at the end of the season results always go topsy turvy. Teams that are safe rest players and hand the bottom teams wins from nowhere. We have to do this ourselves and that utter dolt Pardew has to instill this into the team.

I'm not saying Wigan are going to finish above us, I'm just saying that they are capable of it and I can't understand why others think it isn't possible.

Di Canio's reaction is so much better than this absolute cunt and his defeatist attitude.

We'll see how he reacts to today's defeat, but I agree he will probably be a lot more positive than Pardew.

Di Canio's reaction is so much better than this absolute cunt and his defeatist attitude.

We'll see how he reacts to today's defeat, but I agree he will probably be a lot more positive than Pardew.

He'll be in the training ground at 7am working on every problem, not letting players stroll off home at 10am like this fucking prick.

Wonder if we'll play a high line against Walcott's Arsenal :yao:

Well, since Pardew seems to pick the worst defensive line that can be contemplated (deep vs the slow attack of Sunderland, high line vs the quick attack of Liverpool) I'd expect Pardew to have the entire back four camped in the Arsenal half.  Perhaps with a rush goalie too.

Wonder if we'll play a high line against Walcott's Arsenal :yao:

Well, since Pardew seems to pick the worst defensive line that can be contemplated (deep vs the slow attack of Sunderland, high line vs the quick attack of Liverpool) I'd expect Pardew to have the entire back four camped in the Arsenal half.  Perhaps with a rush goalie too.

Nail on the head. Pardew actually invents idiotic way to hand the opposition the advantage.

100% has to be replaced in the summer. However, I'd hate to see what would happen if we went completely rudderless between now and the end of the season. (I know I know it can't get much worse)

We would be rudderless, we would be scraping the barnacles off our ship.  Allowing it to glide through the sea much quicker and better.