Alan Pardew

Mike

Hopefully they're just planning for a smooth transition at the end of the season.  I just pray this tool isnt our manager at the start of next season.

This really, the fans have turned on him and when that happens it's just a matter of time.

He may get 3 great performances and 3 results to end the season, and assuming that gives him the right to start next season as soon as we so much as see another poor performance have another poor result the chants for his head will start again.

I honestly don't think the board are that stupid and ignorant to know that recent performances and results have not been good enough and to realise that it's almost certain that some of the players have lost faith in him and no matter what happens between now and the end of the season the fans will make it well known of our dislike for him in the Arsenal game.

The club have made a difficult decision, and before the Liverpool game it was the decision the majority of us agreed upon, that is it would possibly do too much damage to sack him now then it would be to not sack him.

I would agree with that - the only way he goes before the end of the season now is if there's another disastrous capitulation against West Ham.

It would take something pretty special in terms of results and performances in these last 3 games to see him starting next season I reckon.

Not sure the performances will have an effect on their thinking too much now as I reckon the decision to keep (and back him for whatever reason) or jettison him will have already been made.

If he did stay, I wonder what it would actually take to get the majority of support solidly behind him again? A few trouncings. A cup? Two cups? A Champions league winners medal?

There'd have to be some seriously fancy arsed football from the start to get people back on board, and it's a struggle to see how he'd manage that tbh.

If the board see that too, then I'd think there's got to be significantly more chance than not that he'll be going.

Guest Slippery Sam

Yep - being a regular top 8 club just isn't true.

8th in the all time PL table

And before the Premier League?

Does not Compute.

Football only started for us mags/barcodes in '93 marra.

FTM 9-1 etc

I could quite beleive that people in the team are "pointing the finger" at others. Human nature to try and appoint blame elswhere when things aren't going well.

Like any other business/activity in the world, the leader should always be the first stop on the blame heirarchy and then work your way down:

Mike

Derek

Alan

Plebs (rather well paid ones!)

Guest Roger Kint

Douglas appears to be waiting for a presser so some new guff will likely do the rounds soon.

The standard pre match presser they have every week.

Guest icemanblue

Douglas appears to be waiting for a presser so some new guff will likely do the rounds soon.

Can't wait...

Cliche bingo time.

'Lean on experience'                            'Dig in and grind out'                                'We're in a battle/scrap/dogfight'

'We need energy'                                  'We want to put this right'                        'Players and staff are hurting'

'Gonna need the fans on Sat'                'Just need to get over the line'                'Play on the front foot to win'

'Carroll is a fret'                                    'Nolan will be a fret from set plays'          'Been working hard in training'

J

Talk is cheap, I don't expect him to say otherwise with three games of a relegation season left but I'm still disappointed to hear Cisse get behind Pardew, just like HBA did last season, especially as Pardew's ineffective coaching contributed so heavily to Cisse snatching at chances.

Smart of the club to get the fans' favourites to spin their guff.

I'm no fan of Pardew but that's ridiculous IMO. As long as he's here, the players need to be behind him. Anything else would be chaos, and the only ones to genuinely suffer are us lot. It's up to the board to replace him, not the players.

Maybe my thinking is a little Machiavellian on the issue, but I don't think we can succeed while Pardew is here.

I don't propose that Cisse should have been dissenting to the extent that the working conditions for our relegation run-in would have been disruptive, but beyond that period, cone relegation or survival, I would welcome and applaud player dissension to meet the ends of excising Pardew from the club. No player here has the status of Terry or Lampard, but collectively, I would hope squadwide disharmony might prompt Ashley to replace Pardew as AVB (rightly or wrongly) was from Chelsea.

Some fans believe that their opinion or protests about the club are inconsequential, it would be truly dire if the players felt equally castrated too.

I'm on holiday though, not going to waste more time thinking aboutPardew :razzle: will ruin the atmos

This really, the fans have turned on him and when that happens it's just a matter of time.

Have the match-going fans turned, though? I remember reading criticism of the Liverpool crowd not protesting sufficiently and that it was just us keyboard warriors who wanted him gone...?

Have the match-going fans turned, though? I remember reading criticism of the Liverpool crowd not protesting sufficiently and that it was just us keyboard warriors who wanted him gone...?

The feeling during and after the Liverpool match was that he's a dead man walking. Around my part of the ground once the third goal went in everyone started chatting to one another, slagging off Pardew.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  11m 

AP on alleged dressing room split: "The accusation is an insult"

Fuck off ye cunt , would also be an insult- doesnt mean its wrong.

The feeling during and after the Liverpool match was that he's a dead man walking. Around my part of the ground once the third goal went in everyone started chatting to one another, slagging off Pardew.

Seemed similar where I sit, wasn't 'anti-pardew' chants etc, everyone was just venting to each other.  Was horrible.

Cliche bingo time.

'Lean on experience'                            'Dig in and grind out'                                'We're in a battle/scrap/dogfight'

'We need energy'                                  'We want to put this right'                        'Players and staff are hurting'

'Gonna need the fans on Sat'                'Just need to get over the line'                'Play on the front foot to win'

'Carroll is a fret'                                    'Nolan will be a fret from set plays'          'Been working hard in training'

:lol:

Cliche bingo time.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/196/956/448306935_on5nZnDb_c.jpg

Seemed similar where I sit, wasn't 'anti-pardew' chants etc, everyone was just venting to each other.  Was horrible.

It was fucking hilarious where I sit. I became best mates with people two or three rows in front who I'd never spoke to since I moved seats at the start of last season :lol:

I think people were torn between supporting the players and having a go at Pardew. There were still a lot of people near me singing (even if it was "It's just like watching Brazil").

I have a very nasty feeling that they have no intention of firing him. They very publicly gave him an Eight year contract and full backing even if we had a poor season. I think we are stuck. It's actually a very depressing thought.

I have a very nasty feeling that they have no intention of firing him. They very publicly gave him an Eight year contract and full backing even if we had a poor season. I think we are stuck. It's actually a very depressing thought.

Then relegation might not be a bad thing. Not sure if I'd take that over 7 more years of Pardew.  :undecided:

Then relegation might not be a bad thing. Not sure if I'd take that over 7 more years of Pardew.  :undecided:

I think we'll still have him if we go down

I think we'll still have him if we go down

Ashley won't be able to look at him if he costs him £40-50m, there is no chance he's staying if we go down.