Alan Pardew

Mike

I know the majority (well everyone bar Ian W :p) wants the fraudster to be jettisoned even if we survive. But should we stay in the PL what are people's feelings on whether Ashley will actually sack him ?

I think there's only about 10% chance of that happening, just think they are too pally and he's managed to pull the wool over there eyes with the EL, lack of investment in the summer and injuries. Mightn't last a month or two into the new season though if we don't get off to a good start.

Was that really necessary? You b******.

I was messing with ya, hence the :p

I know the majority (well everyone bar Ian W :p) wants the fraudster to be jettisoned even if we survive. But should we stay in the PL what are people's feelings on whether Ashley will actually sack him ?

I think there's only about 10% chance of that happening, just think they are too pally and he's managed to pull the wool over there eyes with the EL, lack of investment in the summer and injuries. Mightn't last a month or two into the new season though if we don't get off to a good start.

I think if Ashley's even considering sacking him then the summer is the best time to do it.  There's no point in waiting until we're 10 games into next season, have crashed out of the League Cup and have a load of discontented players and fans.  Plus whoever then takes over would need at least 5-10 games to get the players accustomed to their style of play so we'd already be halfway through the season.  Another season of mediocrity and the better players would start getting itchy feet and we're back to rebuilding the squad.

Just do it after the Arsenal game, replace him with someone competent and let them have a full pre-season to work with.  If a new manager is making progress the better players would probably stick around for another year.

Was that really necessary? You bastard.

:lol:

I think if Ashley's even considering sacking him then the summer is the best time to do it.  There's no point in waiting until we're 10 games into next season, have crashed out of the League Cup and have a load of discontented players and fans.  Plus whoever then takes over would need at least 5-10 games to get the players accustomed to their style of play so we'd already be halfway through the season.  Another season of mediocrity and the better players would start getting itchy feet and we're back to rebuilding the squad.

Just do it after the Arsenal game, replace him with someone competent and let them have a full pre-season to work with.  If a new manager is making progress the better players would probably stick around for another year.

I totally agree, but Ashley hasn't always done the right thing. He really shouldn't be in a job Monday morning after the Arsenal game, but I think he will be and will be when things kick off again for next season, closing the stable door after the horse has bolted will be how it goes down I'm afraid.

Was that really necessary? You bastard.

Am I the only one reading that and hearing Max (Pheonix Nights)?

'Yer Bastard, I can't believe you shot me Brother'.

I'm honestly surprised so many people think he won't be here for the start of next season if we stay up. I've seen nothing from Ashley to suggest he'd do anything other than give him another season, or at least the beginning of another one.

I'm honestly surprised so many people think he won't be here for the start of next season if we stay up. I've seen nothing from Ashley to suggest he'd do anything other than give him another season, or at least the beginning of another one.

I've no idea TBH, could go either way. I'd put the sackometer at about 60% likely to go at the moment, but it's hard to say.

The forum seems split, which basically means we dont know what they will do.

On the one hand, Ashley could be ruthless. On the other, he could stick by his "mate".

The forum seems split, which basically means we dont know what they will do.

On the one hand, Ashley could be ruthless. On the other, he could stick by his "mate".

Haters vs Waiters

Ashley's track record suggest he has an itchy trigger finger.

Guest Dontooner

I think ultimately its also down to the availability of cheap managers that could be employed too, if a better manager say Jol, Martinez etc or someone they can afford becomes available , i think they would consider Fraud Pardew's position.

Guest Dontooner

Just to Back up what i said, i believe Ashley is an opportunist which would make changes when there is better for the same amount. His Business dealing with Rangers and other sneaky deals proves he is one. 

What a horrible writer Lee Ryder is.

But on a day when some Manchester United fans were embarrassed by a flag that read: "Three years of excuses - and it's still c*** - Tara Fergie"' date=' others will be prepared to see what he can deliver when given more backing during a summer transfer window.[/quote']

So some Manchester fans will be prepared to see what Fergie can deliver when given more backing during a summer transfer window? :hmm:

Also, you're not fooling anyone by avoiding paragraph structure with sentence/paragraphs.

He started off actually pretty well there, but with then when seemingly backing Pardew for another year began to lose it completely. He's a terrible journo really, not sure what the Ronny Gill were thinking when they gave him the job.

He started off actually pretty well there, but with then when seemingly backing Pardew for another year began to lose it completely. He's a terrible journo really, not sure what the Ronny Gill were thinking when they gave him the job.

I don't even see a point in that. What? Give Pardew money in the summer? That hasn't been the problem. Is he so shit scared of the club?

I don't even see a point in that. What? Give Pardew money in the summer? That hasn't been the problem. Is he so s*** scared of the club?

He's kind of making the point that we should go back to the Freddie days I think. I agree Pardew has been given all the tools to get the job done, he's just not been able to do it, because he's a fucking terrible manager.

This Fergie retirement coming at the worst possible time. Our thick owners will be using his early years as the perfect excuse to keep him. Then there's Moyes hitting the headlines. His own early years of challenging for Europe then a relegation battle. So fuckin depressing.

This Fergie retirement coming at the worst possible time. Our thick owners will be using his early years as the perfect excuse to keep him. Then there's Moyes hitting the headlines. His own early years of challenging for Europe then a relegation battle. So fuckin depressing.

Or this is random conjecture and the retirement of Alex Ferguson will have absolutely no effect on the management situation at Newcastle United. Don't be depressed.

You'd think after backing him so heavily in January though and seeing that money go down the drain drastically with performances, player values and ultimately league position, which itself poses a loss in revenue due to league standings rewards, Ashley MUST be seething. Can you really see him swallowing that? He's in it for at least making his money back and this will be a huge dent in his endeavours.

I believe Pardew bought himself time with last years 5th place, but that time has run out, he was backed in January, when he should have been fired and he's made a mockery of them. Surely his cards must be marked now?