Alan Pardew

Mike

The fundamental thing I don't get it is why someone like Ashley and  Llambias who seem to know very little about football would invest so heavily in a football club. For me if I was going to invest millions into anything I'd do extensive research and make sure I know the market inside out, its past, its present where its heading, thus I'd know best how to spend my money, not just employ my mate who's record is questionable.

Anyone who has followed football over the last few years know its now in a transitional period, the old guard of clouters and the physical style of football has been figured out and is becoming obselete, due to the emergence of new young ambitious managers who are alot more knowledgable in terms of tactics and man management; the skill level of a football manager is rising sharpely. Football management is evolving and becoming alot more complex like everything else, and just like evolution its battle of the fittest, if you can't adapt your a goner exemplified by O'Neill or Hughes.

Surely someone who has made millions through using his brain can work out that if your going to buy these technical foreign players you need a technical manager to suit, its not rocket science. Unless English football mentality changes, the only way Newcastle will ever be successful is if we get a foreign manager in charge, a guy who has spent hours reading about the game, and can not only think what his opponent is thinking but what his opponent thinks he is thinking and what his opponent thinks he is thinking about his opponent etc, in essence its becoming a chess game and who can go the deepest in addition to the man management aspects of the job.

The weird thing is due to these technical managers being better they are generally able to work on alot tighter budget which is right up Ashleys street, I just don't get why Ashley is so reckless when it comes to his own money, and just gives jobs to his boys.

Thats the frustrating thing for me and why Ashley and Pardew annoy me so much, we have it, we have everything in place to be at the top competing year in and year out all we need is people at the top who know a little bit about football and are prepared to be initiative and push the boundaries and yet we seem to always be stuck with the village idiots willing to sap money out the club and just take the advertising and TV money.

Its like watching an A* student sitting at the back of the class picking his nose and laughing at James Corden.

The fundamental thing I don't get it is why someone like Ashley and  Llambias who seem to know very little about football would invest so heavily in a football club. For me if I was going to invest millions into anything I'd do extensive research and make sure I know the market inside out, its past, its present where its heading, thus I'd know best how to spend my money, not just employ my mate who's record is questionable.

Anyone who has followed football over the last few years know its now in a transitional period, the old guard of clouters and the physical style of football has been figured out and is becoming obselete, due to the emergence of new young ambitious managers who are alot more knowledgable in terms of tactics and man management; the skill level of a football manager is rising sharpely. Football management is evolving and becoming alot more complex like everything else, and just like evolution its battle of the fittest, if you can't adapt your a goner exemplified by O'Neill or Hughes.

Surely someone who has made millions through using his brain can work out that if your going to buy these technical foreign players you need a technical manager to suit, its not rocket science. Unless English football mentality changes, the only way Newcastle will ever be successful is if we get a foreign manager in charge, a guy who has spent hours reading about the game, and can not only think what his opponent is thinking but what his opponent thinks he is thinking and what his opponent thinks he is thinking about his opponent etc, in essence its becoming a chess game and who can go the deepest in addition to the man management aspects of the job.

The weird thing is due to these technical managers being better they are generally able to work on alot tighter budget which is right up Ashleys street, I just don't get why Ashley is so reckless when it comes to his own money, and just gives job to his boys.

Thats the frustrating thing for me and why Ashley and Pardew annoy me so much, we have it, we have everything in place to be at the top competing year in and year out all we need is people at the top who know a little bit about football and are prepared to be initiative and push the boundaries and yet we seem to always be stuck with the village idiots either willing to sap money out the club and just take the advertising and TV money.

Its like watching a A* student sitting at the back of the class picking his nose and laughing at James Corden.

Even if Ashley doesn't care about how we play or where we finish, surely he must realise that if they're not used properly, his players will devalue and there will be no money to be made using his template. You don't buy a Ferrari to go off-road racing and if you do you'll end up with a fucked up useless Ferrari that no one wants.

Good list. Shame we only do English managers.

Give Ashley a Chance he has been in the game for 4 years. He learning the ropes.

Logically he has little to loose , he has the recruiting under control , the wages and the profits.

All he needs is a muppet which could make the team play good football and stay our of his ass.

Doesn't seem that hard compared to when he first bought the club..

6 years actually, almost to the date. A period in which he appointed 5 managers, all of whom were British, cheap and mediocre, apart from Keegan who he decided to undermine. He has a proven track record of terrible management choices, and the things in which we seem to be improving as you suggest (correctly btw) are a direct result of penny pinching, not some ambition to make us a top club in England. Logic dictates our next managerial appointment will have to be cheap, willing to work in a system where he has no control over recruitment and quite probably English unfortunately.

Give Ashley a Chance he has been in the game for 4 years. He learning the ropes.

Logically he has little to loose , he has the recruiting under control , the wages and the profits.

All he needs is a muppet which could make the team play good football and stay our of his ass.

6 years actually, almost to the date. A period in which he appointed 5 managers, all of whom where English, cheap and mediocre, apart from Keegan who he decided to undermine. He has a proven track record of terrible management choices, and the things in which we seem to be improving as you suggest (correctly btw) are a direct result of penny pinching, not some ambition to make us a top club in England. Logic dictates our next managerial appointment will have to be cheap, willing to work in a system where he has no control over recruitment and quite probably English unfortunately.

2 of them were actually Irish to be pedantic.

6 years actually, almost to the date. A period in which he appointed 5 managers, all of whom where English, cheap and mediocre, apart from Keegan who he decided to undermine. He has a proven track record of terrible management choices, and the things in which we seem to be improving as you suggest (correctly btw) are a direct result of penny pinching, not some ambition to make us a top club in England. Logic dictates our next managerial appointment will have to be cheap, willing to work in a system where he has no control over recruitment and quite probably English unfortunately.

English, British, Irish, all the same to us continentals..  :p

I am far more pro Pardew than most on here, but to not even try to get Benitez would be to reach amazing levels of stupidity. Benitez wants to stay in england, he isn't going to be at Chelsea next season, or Man U, City, Arsenal or Spurs. If we decided to replace Pardew we would essentially only be competing against Everton and teams from countries the guy doesn't want to manage in. Even if we had just had a relatively decent season, the prospect of getting a manger with a CV like Benitez's should be enough to prompt a change in manager. After the season we have just endured it's a no brainer.

:thup:

it is true beni wants to stay in england, it showed after he left lfc that he waited a year and a half until chelsea came up,  but us trying for him would be a waste of time, he can wait another 18 months for a top job in england but he certainly wont wait on nufc even if the job becomes available tomorrow, spurs perhaps one day? 

Would be crazy for us to not even try though, surely questions have to be asked by MA and co, he can only say no and he would have the tools to make us a solid team.

I'd change the avatar, I keep thinking James is posting and therefore ignoring it entirely.

You've been lucky, so far.

Meaning?

Guest Dontooner

Would be shitting it if McLaren was the replacement, although I respect him for going abroad.

Better than Pardew in tactics......but much rather someone else.

Guest Dontooner

6 years actually, almost to the date. A period in which he appointed 5 managers, all of whom were British, cheap and mediocre, apart from Keegan who he decided to undermine. He has a proven track record of terrible management choices, and the things in which we seem to be improving as you suggest (correctly btw) are a direct result of penny pinching, not some ambition to make us a top club in England. Logic dictates our next managerial appointment will have to be cheap, willing to work in a system where he has no control over recruitment and quite probably English unfortunately.

Actually think the cycle would break at some point, the critical part of a manager which scares the s*** out of him is spending.

He took care of player transfers, all he needs now is a manager that can show boat the players and hopefully sell them for 5 times the amount.

I actually think that is his final stage, where we structure like Ajax , having to scout players and sell them at sky prices.

A bit like Spurs, know he has mates there.

Wiki

His team, which was not one of the established forces in Spanish football
Not at all like NUFC.

Getafe, built with a spine of young Real Madrid loanee players

:cheesy:

Newly promoted NUFC...with Danny Simpson  and Danny Guthrie....."The Force!!"

;)

Getafe had never once finished as low as they did under Laudrup in any season since they had been promoted.

Lost your way a bit here bro...Laudrup is clearly miles better than Pardew..A born winner...Learning the ropes in Spain isn't the same as comparing him to Pards who's been a manager now for nearly 14years.

Steve McLaren  :kasper:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/disgusted/grand/disg_kfdj897.gif

Bimpy I love you. You just epitomized my feelings exactly. McClaren, man..  :jones:

http://i2.listal.com/image/210540/600full-steve-mcclaren.jpg

Aye, we think the same. Dutch, Deutsch – what's the difference?

Aye, we think the same. Dutch, Deutsch – what's the difference?

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Bimpy I love you. You just epitomized my feelings exactly. McClaren, man..  :jones:

http://i2.listal.com/image/210540/600full-steve-mcclaren.jpg

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

My pleasure mate :lol:

you are very much in strong favour of Pardew getting another season just as much as others want him sacked.

any specific reason why you share these views. im curious.  injuries and last season 5th finish?

Pardew is a prick.  I've never liked him.  It was a sad day for me when he was appointed.

We replaced one average manager with another average manager, but at least the last one was likeable. 

People are getting very worked up over ousting the bloke...so we can get another middle of the road jouneyman in to peddle mediocrity.

What's the point in that?

Do you not have a little spark of hope that the next one might be good?

Not one iota.

Talk of Benitez leaves me totally incredulous.  Its as batty as talk that were signing Rooney.