Alan Pardew

Mike

Is it unfair to include the seasons Keegan had us challenging for the title a few times?  Obscures how effective he was  :laugh:

The length of time in the job doesn't alter a percentage Bimpy mate.  If anything it just means he's been better for longer.  :whistle:

All these stats are doing is proving how worthless statistics taken in isolation are.  We're not fucking stupid and we have eyes.  You can pull stats out of your arse until the cows come home, it doesn't change what i've seen with my own two eyes the last 2 years.

All these stats are doing is proving how worthless statistics taken in isolation are.  We're not fucking stupid and we have eyes.  You can pull stats out of your arse until the cows come home, it doesn't change what i've seen with my own two eyes the last 2 years.

Would you sack Pardew if we won our first game of next season and didn't drop out of the top 5 all year....assuming the style of football remains....workmanlike.

Guest bimpy474

Is it unfair to include the seasons Keegan had us challenging for the title a few times?  Obscures how effective he was  :laugh:

The length of time in the job doesn't alter a percentage Bimpy mate.  If anything it just means he's been better for longer.  :whistle:

What i meant by longer was, time to build a squad, like Keegan and more so Robson. You also have to factor in quality of the squad, the situation when they took over. Say Shearer coming in when we were a mess (by no means take that as me saying Shearer is a good manager).

Stats mean nothing on their own.

All these stats are doing is proving how worthless statistics taken in isolation are.  We're not f***ing stupid and we have eyes.  You can pull stats out of your arse until the cows come home, it doesn't change what i've seen with my own two eyes the last 2 years.

Would you sack Pardew if we won our first game of next season and didn't drop out of the top 5 all year....assuming the style of football remains....workmanlike.

No.

Would you?

Guest bimpy474

We would be playing better or we wouldn't be 5th, unfortunately being 5th the style wouldn't bother too many i wouldn't think. But as we've seen this season Pardew's direct style is not sustainable long term. Fat Sam maybe, well if you want to just exist in the league anyhoo.

We would be playing better or we wouldn't be 5th, unfortunately being 5th the style wouldn't bother too many i wouldn't think. But as we've seen this season Pardew's direct style is not sustainable long term. Fat Sam maybe, well if you want to just exist in the league anyhoo.

The football was arsejuice when we finished 5th.

With Carroll up top the arse juice football could be as effective again.

Guest bimpy474

Oh yes, agree there. I actually like Carroll, i think he can play in a passing team. But for Pardew he would be a dream. Although there's no point in buying Carroll or someone similiar if we dont get a winger in and improve our crossing, which is as awful as it gets.

Win% is only a general indication and does not take into account trends. If you take Ferguson's win% in his first couple of years at Man U, it wouldn't be as high as when he was winning titles. Pardew on the other hand has gotten worse after an initial good year or two and that thrend has been reflected throughout his whole career.

The trends you see is much more representative of a manager's ability over time.

All these stats are doing is proving how worthless statistics taken in isolation are.  We're not f***ing stupid and we have eyes.  You can pull stats out of your arse until the cows come home, it doesn't change what i've seen with my own two eyes the last 2 years.

If a chicken had no feathers would it still be a chicken?

Yes.

No.

Would you?

No.

Just that the football was shit last season and you included that in what you''ve seen over 2 years that suggests he should be sacked.  So I wasn't clear.

When we were up in 4th I complained that the football was shite and we would drop like a lead balloon...but the season went on...and on...and on...and we didn't drop.  So like most people I had to shut up and accept, it's not pretty, but it  worked.

I don't see any reason it shouldn't work again next year, if we get in another striker and start converting some of the wealth of opportunities we make.  It still won't be pretty though.

Just realised I haven't put my patented Premier league only points won stats in this thread.  These are interesting because they dismiss all other outside factors.  Champions League, Europa, FA & League cups as well as championship games.  They don't care about losses or draws or wins, just points on the board.  Everyone is measured only on their top flight games.  The best like for like comparison of our Premier League managers available on the web.

Here goes Pardew lovers.....stand by your beds.....prepare for the backlash....

PL Points %

Kevin Keegan 61.54%

Sir Bobby Robson 53.19%

Glenn Roeder 47.44%

Alan Pardew 45.70%

Kenny Dalglish 45.24%

Sam Allardyce 41.27%

Chris Hughton 39.58%

Graeme Souness 39.39%

Kevin Keegan 2 36.84%

Ruud Gullit 36.59%

Joe Kinnear 34.72%

Alan Shearer 20.83%

Our 4th best manager  in over 20 years.  :snod:

Worth noting that percentage has dropped from 71% for 11/12 season, quite a loss in just one season??

Win% is only a general indication and does not take into account trends. If you take Ferguson's win% in his first couple of years at Man U, it wouldn't be as high as when he was winning titles. Pardew on the other hand has gotten worse after an initial good year or two and that thrend has been reflected throughout his whole career.

The trends you see is much more representative of a manager's ability over time.

Hmmm....gimme a sec :)......

Hmmm....gimme a sec :)......

Take your time. You probably see things in binary code considering how much you love your numbers. Just make sure they make sense, are relevant and open to scrutiny.

Guest bimpy474

No, it would be Sunday Dinner.

Just realised I haven't put my patented Premier league only points won stats in this thread.  These are interesting because they dismiss all other outside factors.  Champions League, Europa, FA & League cups as well as championship games.  They don't care about losses or draws or wins, just points on the board.  Everyone is measured only on their top flight games.  The best like for like comparison of our Premier League managers available on the web.

PL Points %

Kevin Keegan 61.54%

Sir Bobby Robson 53.19%

Glenn Roeder 47.44%

Alan Pardew 45.70%

Kenny Dalglish 45.24%

Sam Allardyce 41.27%

Chris Hughton 39.58%

Graeme Souness 39.39%

Kevin Keegan 2 36.84%

Ruud Gullit 36.59%

Joe Kinnear 34.72%

Alan Shearer 20.83%

It's also interesting as aside from cup competitions it also doesn't take into account other factors such as how many games they were in charge for, which players the manager had at his disposal, how strong the league was at the time etc.

Very interesting indeed.

When has arsejuice-football ever been able to compete for trophies on a consistent basis? There's a natural ceiling on arsejuice football.

PL Points %

Kevin Keegan 61.54%

Sir Bobby Robson 53.19%

Glenn Roeder 47.44%

Alan Pardew 45.70%

Kenny Dalglish 45.24%

Sam Allardyce 41.27%

Chris Hughton 39.58%

Graeme Souness 39.39%

Kevin Keegan 2 36.84%

Ruud Gullit 36.59%

Joe Kinnear 34.72%

Alan Shearer 20.83%

:lol: :lol:

Ifs and buts and all that but yes, I would.  I do not believe he is the right man to take us forward as a club.  Not only in terms of the first team squad, I don't believe he has the ability and knowledge required to run this football club.

Guest Dontooner

I seriously doubt we would be 5th next season, base on stats they don't tell you that story.

Base on performances , we look like being founded out and going forward(attacking) we have not improved.

Not sure Andy Carrol alone would suddenly make us play like Arsenal let alone West Ham

Pie in the sky thoughts