Alan Pardew

Mike

We should expect to beat West Ham at home every time.  Villa and Everton on the road should perhaps be draws.

They beat us comfortably last season and we've deteriorated since. I beg to differ.

The most worrying thing for me was that we appear to have learned nothing from last season despite Pardew saying otherwise. We look the same disorganised shambles as last year, no creativity, set pieces just as bad, mentally weak, cant keep ball for longer that a few seconds, end up hoofing it or playing silly direct passes.

Why no build up play, working it out to wings, why Jonas still playing as a winger, why Cisse stranded up front still and why always playing under pressure. I watched a lot of football this weekend and we were by far the worst team playing

I agree with his comment that we looked OK before the sending off but threatening the goal was a load of bullshit. I thought it looked like the same old, we have some comfortable footballers in possession and therefore had some nice interchanges but we lack balance and cutting edge in the final 3rd.

Aye, we didn't threaten but I thought the performance started to improve and we were learning to live with the pace.

Never expected anything other than a heavy defeat, I wouldn't put it down as a 'disgrace' or an 'embarrassment'. Fact is that teams like Man City are almost playing a different sport to us now. The quality they have assembled throughout the squad is ridiculous.

Hopefully Mapou will start at CB and Anita in midfield after what happened, and we'll give most other teams a decent game.

sorry Ian, but you can't defend the indefensible.  The more you try, the more you come out looking like you have not got a clue what football is about.  Not all teams will bend over in front of Man City. They will not go through the season without losing either. and no, they are not playing a different sport to us at all, they just play the same sport but a lot better than we can. 

You are right - you can't defend the indefensible but he will try.

In the Land of the Blind, the One-Eyed man is king....

Guest bimpy474

This bloke is more of a problem than Kinnear or Ashley (we need this fuckwit out quick mind). No new players or not, the lack of passion, basic football, the ill temperedness, pathetic effort from his football team, and his oblivion to it all is just ridiculous now. As much as i dread who could come next, there's not a manager out there who could have us play as badly and as souless as this idiot.

Enough is enough.

Guest neesy111

Just about any manager with any credibility would had resigned by now after another shambles of a pre-season / transfer window.

How the feck can people not call that a disgrace or an embarrassment is beyond me?!  Don't buy in the sky sports propaganda bullshit about the top 4 and how the rest of us should just be thankful to be on the same pitch as them.  Bottom line is we're in the same league as them.  We've got the players that should be more than capable of having a go and at the very least making the city players come off the pitch going 'by feck, that was a tough game'. 

Bet Holloway isn't going to be telling his players its okay cos they play a different sport to us.

They're 11 men set out with a plan and ideas and we seem like 11 people Twilight Zone'd onto a pitch with no clue what's going on so in that respect I can see the comparison that it's like we're playing a different sport. 

We are in serious trouble, nothing has improved since last season, from our forward play to basic defending.  Nothing, what has he been doing for the past couple of months.

If this is all we have in playing staff terms and we are not going to sign anyone else, then pardew has to go because whatever he is saying to the players, they are not listening to him.

Guest neesy111

Just like last season, we don't look a unit at all.  Got to wonder what the fuck have we been doing in pre-season?

Manchester City aren't this tidal wave of world football. They are a good team made up of very good players but to suggest we should expect to be that outclassed by them as of right?!

A well drilled team could of lost that game and maintained some respect. We are neither well drilled nor a team. Buck stops with Pardew on that one.

Guest bimpy474

Manchester City aren't this tidal wave of world football. They are a good team made up of very good players but to suggest we should expect to be that outclassed by them as of right?!

A well drilled team could of lost that game and maintained some respect. We are neither well drilled nor a team. Buck stops with Pardew on that one.

You better not read what Ian.W just posted in the match thread, you'll go volcanic.

Guest neesy111

They weren't even out of neutral last night as well.  Could had easily stepped up at any time.

Aye, we didn't contain them as well as we might, but they are a world class team of flair midfielders. Backed up by a solid backline and two monster CMs. With £50m of talent to bring off the bench.

I agree with his comment that we looked OK before the sending off but threatening the goal was a load of bullshit. I thought it looked like the same old, we have some comfortable footballers in possession and therefore had some nice interchanges but we lack balance and cutting edge in the final 3rd.

Aye, we didn't threaten but I thought the performance started to improve and we were learning to live with the pace.

Never expected anything other than a heavy defeat, I wouldn't put it down as a 'disgrace' or an 'embarrassment'. Fact is that teams like Man City are almost playing a different sport to us now. The quality they have assembled throughout the squad is ridiculous.

Hopefully Mapou will start at CB and Anita in midfield after what happened, and we'll give most other teams a decent game.

sorry Ian, but you can't defend the indefensible.  The more you try, the more you come out looking like you have not got a clue what football is about.  Not all teams will bend over in front of Man City. They will not go through the season without losing either. and no, they are not playing a different sport to us at all, they just play the same sport but a lot better than we can. 

Fuck off both of you. I'm entitled to my opinion as is everyone else.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

7 games for Pardew to be judged on.  Could be gone by Halloween if it goes badly, and would have NO excuses about the quality of opposition.

Weapons grade horse shit.

Guest neesy111

They are also entitled to say what you're pander is nonsense.

Guest bimpy474

Maybe try and sound a little less like you're actually Alan Pardew, that might help :lol:

???

What does that mean?

Aye, we didn't contain them as well as we might, but they are a world class team of flair midfielders. Backed up by a solid backline and two monster CMs. With £50m of talent to bring off the bench.

Im not really arsed about city, im arsed about the way we went about our game...exactly the same as last season.  Piss poor forward play and failing at the basics of defending.

Pardew's time is up.    We either push him out now or this gets worse.  An organised west ham side will punish our lot this weekend.

f*** off both of you. I'm entitled to my opinion as is everyone else.

???

What does that mean?

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/images/pander_bear_032007.jpg

Guest icemanblue

As I've said in the match thread, I don't think it was the best game to judge our progress on. Not many teams could have lived with Man City playing like that. The next four or five games should give us a better idea of that. Admittedly, the early signs aren't great.

I don't really buy into this petulant behaviour being a direct result of lost faith in the manager, like. You see it time and time again, when a team is being pissed on. People react as best they can, in the heat of the moment, which is often by lashing out. Guess it's a pride thing.

You better not read what Ian.W just posted in the match thread, you'll go volcanic.

:lol: I won't because I don't think anyone who disagrees with me is aggressively trying to argue with me. I understand where he is coming from, but I think he's wrong. I don't buy into clubs have moved so far ahead of us. We are falling further behind. We looked a shambles last night. Again where does the buck stop?

Say what you want about players signed but he should be getting the best out what he has at his disposal. He quite clearly isn't. Nor has he for some time. This to me suggests he has no clue whatsoever about how to address our decline.

Saying Man City are too good is just being a Pardew apologist. What we witnessed on the pitch last night was evidence of our shortcomings the fact we played an expensive and good team just brought it into sharper focus.

Rubbish. They won't win all their home games this season. They won't beat every team ranked below them in the league at home. Judging by your attitude and Pardew's, we'll never be one of those teams that can take points at these places. You go there expecting defeat, plan for it, play for it and get it. It's pathetic. The goals we conceded were pathetic. We're better than this and this 'oh but they spent so much money' is just a shit excuse for our rubbish performance.

:lol: I won't because I don't think anyone who disagrees with me is aggressively trying to argue with me. I understand where he is coming from, but I think he's wrong. I don't buy into clubs have moved so far ahead of us. We are falling further behind. We looked a shambles last night. Again where does the buck stop?

Say what you want about players signed but he should be getting the best out what he has at his disposal. He quite clearly isn't. Nor has he for some time. This to me suggests he has no clue whatsoever about how to address our decline.

Saying Man City are too good is just being a Pardew apologist. What we witnessed on the pitch last night was evidence of our shortcomings the fact we played an expensive and good team just brought it into sharper focus.

FWIW I don't think Pardew is getting the best out of what he has either. I've never, ever said that. But at the same time, Man City are too good.

Rubbish. They won't win all their home games this season. They won't beat every team ranked below them in the league at home. Judging by your attitude and Pardew's, we'll never be one of those teams that can take points at these places. You go there expecting defeat, plan for it, play for it and get it. It's pathetic. The goals we conceded were pathetic. We're better than this and this 'oh but they spent so much money' is just a shit excuse for our rubbish performance.

Well it's a bit of both isn't it? It's a bit silly to argue that the fact they have a squad absolutely bursting with expensive, brilliant attacking talent doesn't make it likely that they'll beat us.

I agree Pardew's attitude can be overly negative, I've never denied he's conservative. But at the same time it's highly likely that they'll demolish a lot more teams than us.