Alan Pardew

Mike

Pardew has certainly lost the dressing room and in that respect even JFK would be an improvement. Although I'm not sure if he wouldn't be any respect.

Pardew has certainly lost the dressing room and in that respect even JFK would be an improvement. Although I'm not sure if he wouldn't be any respect.

How long would arsehole have the dressing room for though. Last time he was here two players forced their way our in January and the Liverpool home game was as bad as last night. I can't see a way forward while Ashley is here. Poyet is probably our only hope. Not because he's a great manager or anything, but because he's better than what we have. So depressing.

Think it will be mick Harford taking over as first team coach if Pardew goes. A long season ahead I think... :sad:

I agree with his comment that we looked OK before the sending off but threatening the goal was a load of bullshit. I thought it looked like the same old, we have some comfortable footballers in possession and therefore had some nice interchanges but we lack balance and cutting edge in the final 3rd.

Aye, we didn't threaten but I thought the performance started to improve and we were learning to live with the pace.

Never expected anything other than a heavy defeat, I wouldn't put it down as a 'disgrace' or an 'embarrassment'. Fact is that teams like Man City are almost playing a different sport to us now. The quality they have assembled throughout the squad is ridiculous.

Hopefully Mapou will start at CB and Anita in midfield after what happened, and we'll give most other teams a decent game.

Guest bimpy474

Krul, Dummett and less hoofing were the only things to be non negative. The twat has to go. He's learnt zilch from last season and for those who mocked people worried about the poor pre season performances and the lack of attacking edge.

Can you see what was being said now.

Guest reefatoon

I agree with his comment that we looked OK before the sending off but threatening the goal was a load of bullshit. I thought it looked like the same old, we have some comfortable footballers in possession and therefore had some nice interchanges but we lack balance and cutting edge in the final 3rd.

The statistic at the end of the game that said we touched the ball 3 times in their box. . . 3 fucking times in 90 minutes!!  that is nothing short of disgusting.

Guest bimpy474

The statistic at the end of the game that said we touched the ball 3 times in their box. . . 3 fucking times in 90 minutes!!  that is nothing short of disgusting.

But we was threatening though, treacle.

Guest neesy111

You can excuse the gulf in class in terms of quality.  But city beat us on set-pieces, effort, commitment etc.  It was just like the back

We had 3 touches of the ball in there box, that's totally embarrassing.

Guest bimpy474

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

7 games for Pardew to be judged on.  Could be gone by Halloween if it goes badly, and would have NO excuses about the quality of opposition.

Thing is he'll talk them up like their Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc. He's a joke.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

7 games for Pardew to be judged on.  Could be gone by Halloween if it goes badly, and would have NO excuses about the quality of opposition.

Poor results in those games and the damage might be done. Struggle to see where we'll get points if not in these fixtures.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

Im not sure we need or can even afford to wait that long.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

Think WHam, Villa and Everton are better teams than us so i think he will be judged on how we do against the other 4.

Guest bimpy474

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

Think WHam, Villa and Everton are better teams than us so i think he will be judged on how we do against the other 4.

If we cant get positive results against the likes of Villa, West Ham and Everton then we are going down.

Guest reefatoon

Aye, we didn't threaten but I thought the performance started to improve and we were learning to live with the pace.

Never expected anything other than a heavy defeat, I wouldn't put it down as a 'disgrace' or an 'embarrassment'. Fact is that teams like Man City are almost playing a different sport to us now. The quality they have assembled throughout the squad is ridiculous.

Hopefully Mapou will start at CB and Anita in midfield after what happened, and we'll give most other teams a decent game.

sorry Ian, but you can't defend the indefensible.  The more you try, the more you come out looking like you have not got a clue what football is about.  Not all teams will bend over in front of Man City. They will not go through the season without losing either. and no, they are not playing a different sport to us at all, they just play the same sport but a lot better than we can. 

Pathetic, snivelling rubbish.

What was particularly alarming last night wasn't the performance, we knew what that would be like, but the displays of petulance in the first half. Cisse, Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko, Debuchy and Taylor were all at it. We're one game into the new season and we've got a seriously disgruntled group of players. I'm worried.

We committed 8 fouls last night. Total.  Only Cardiff committed less all weekend.

We have the worst disciplinary record with 3 bookings and one straight red.

Discipline needs looking at.  Just stupidity to go WWE on an opponent or throw the ball away.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

If we cant get positive results against the likes of Villa, West Ham and Everton then we are going down.

They are better teams than us. If we pick 3 or 4 points out of that we will have done very well. 1 point is more likely.

If we can't beat Fulham, Hull and Cardiff then we are in desperate trouble.

Guest neesy111

What was particularly alarming last night wasn't the performance, we knew what that would be like, but the displays of petulance in the first half. Cisse, Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko, Debuchy and Taylor were all at it. We're one game into the new season and we've got a seriously disgruntled group of players. I'm worried.

We committed 8 fouls last night. Total.  Only Cardiff committed less all weekend.

Discipline needs looking at.  Just stupidity to go WWE on an opponent or throw the ball away.

The bookings we saw last night were off a bunch of players who look totally pissed off. 

Guest bimpy474

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

They are better teams than us. If we pick 3 or 4 points out of that we will have done very well. 1 point is more likely.

If we can't beat Fulham, Hull and Cardiff then we are in desperate trouble.

Well i was going by the fact that we will get nothing from the top sides, even if we do beat the so called lesser teams (which we are firmly one now because of the owner, manager and DOF). We need to get points from the middle tabled teams. And if we can't we are well and truly fucked because we wont beat all the lesser teams anyway.

Guest bimpy474

The bookings we saw last night were off a bunch of players who look totally pissed off. 

Yep, a very frustrated bunch.

Yesterday for me is much the same as many pre-season games. It's really not about the result as we expected that to be fair.

It's about the fact that the team looks so badly drilled it's unbelievable. We're basicly just randomly passing the ball about hoping someone makes a run or Hatem goes past a few. They clearly don't have a solution in their head about how a certain situation should be played or what is the plan to break the opposition down. It's all just random which at this level is pretty baffling.

How many times yesterday a pass was made to a player who was making a positive movement forwards? They were always facing our own goal. When that makes up for 80% of our passes how are we supposed to move towards their goal? Basic stuff for a modern well drilled team.