Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest icemanblue

I don't think it defending him he is right, he ca't say anything else really so be best if he said nothing until it was positive news.

He can though. He can say "we are in need of players". He's fucked if he doesn't get any players in to cover his inadequacy. He can play it a lot of different ways, perhaps be more bullish and less scared to upset Ashley. He's hardly going to sack him for it, he's survived last season.

Something like this, you mean?

"A big player coming in boosts the group as well as the fans," Pardew said.

"I'm not going to say something that I don't think is true and say, 'oh, it's not affecting them'.

"I think they'd like to see another striker come in the door.

"That's something that hopefully will be done before the window shuts.''

I gave up listening to him ages ago. Constantly changing what he says depending on the situation regarding players and league ambition. Ranging from "we desperately need new players" to "this squad is fantastic" or "this squad should be pushing to challenge for the top four" then a contradiction blathering on about how we can't compete with sovereign states and trying desperately to lower expectations.

He's being hung out to dry no doubt but he seals his own fate these days in my eyes.

Guest icemanblue

I realise I'm up against FC Mensa here, but, really, what should he have said?

Did you need three commas there? Perhaps you can join "FC Mensa". With punctuation like that, you'd be gratefully received I'd imagine.

:lol: I did, actually.

Don't want him to say anything, sick of him saying anything whatsoever. Start acting like a PL manager instead of gobbling shite all the time, focus on getting the team playing football instead. Not that it will happen cause he's a dumb useless cunt and a fucking shit manager. Couldn't have said much else, but i'd rather not hear him talk or breath at all right now (breathing part not literally meant..i think. )

Don't want him to say anything, sick of him saying anything whatsoever. Start acting like a PL manager instead of gobbling s**** all the time, focus on getting the team playing football instead. Not that it will happen cause he's a dumb useless c*** and a f***ing s*** manager. Couldn't have said much else, but i'd rather not hear him talk or breath at all right now (breathing part not literally meant..i think. )

The "Mike should be praised for his bravery" type quotes are the ones that really get me

Guest icemanblue

The same dried up drivel every summer and inochi is slurping it up.  yum, tastes good ya!

What am I slurping up, gimp? Go on, explain it to me. What am I accepting? Where's the excuse that I'm defending? Fucking hell, man, honestly.

Best right back I've ever seen for us....

have a word he was shite

As much as people probably won't admit it...Warren Barton is the best right back we have had in last 20 years....

Dear me.

"If it doesn't (happen), like anything in life, we're going to have to get on with it with what we've got.

"We've still got a very good team with Remy on top of it."

In that case shut it with your excuses if we don't get anyone in.

Guest icemanblue

I don't think it defending him he is right, he ca't say anything else really so be best if he said nothing until it was positive news.

He can though. He can say "we are in need of players". He's f***ed if he doesn't get any players in to cover his inadequacy. He can play it a lot of different ways, perhaps be more bullish and less scared to upset Ashley. He's hardly going to sack him for it, he's survived last season.

Something like this, you mean?

"A big player coming in boosts the group as well as the fans," Pardew said.

"I'm not going to say something that I don't think is true and say, 'oh, it's not affecting them'.

"I think they'd like to see another striker come in the door.

"That's something that hopefully will be done before the window shuts.''

If hardly class the word "hopefully" as congruent with a bullish stance on transfers. It's the same as the summer in terms of tone and content of his quotes. He needs players, simple as that. If he's content to "go with what we've got" he's going to experience great difficulty this season.

Why is he saying he, and the players, want new players if he's happy to go with what he's got? The quote, that you posted, was:

“If it doesn’t happen (new signings), like everything in life we are going to have to get on with it, with what we have got".

Does that really read as if he's happy to go with what he's got?

Guest neesy111

The one word you don't say to NUFC fans is fucking patience.  58 years without a trophy and still getting big crowds and loyal backing.

Guest neesy111

Slurp slurp  :lol:

Theres loads of things he could say that are different...its the same patter as last year and the year before that.

Inochi or Pardew?

Course he's not happy, don't see why kicking off in the press about lack of signings would please people on here. Wouldn't do anyone any good. He's right, all we can do is just get on with it and go as it is. That simple. I said after we signed Remy, i'd be happy if the window closed now and kept all of our players, now Cabaye is leaving, that does leave a big hole in our side, but that is out of Pardew's hands.

Think this needs a tag to Ian.

:lol:

Seems fairly standard manager transfer quote soundbites to me like, as much as I don't want to get involved in this high-level discussion. Unless you think he should refuse to give interviews completely, he will always have to say something about transfers and the squad he has available.

Think this needs a tag to Ian.

Seems fairly standard manager transfer quote soundbites to me like, as much as I don't want to get involved in this high-level discussion. Unless you think he should refuse to give interviews completely, he will always have to say something about transfers and the squad he has available.

:mike:

How the fuck the pair of you can be arsed is beyond me.

Guest icemanblue

Pardew...inochi is a good poster, just blinded.

Blinded by what, man? :lol: Honestly, it's pointless responding to you, I know that. You'll never properly answer a direct question. Yet, here we are.