Alan Pardew

Mike

Hes said nothing wrong there. Some of young players need to prove their potential consistantly or they will never break into the side regardless of whos manager.

In that case why doesn't he hold the senior players to the same standards? Not many of those younger players are responsible for the bilge we have been served up for the past 12 months.

He may well do if he felt he had alternatives to them, thats obviously the role he wants the youngsters to play which he feels theyre not meeting. Certainly his first choice picks are debatable in the first place, but i dont disagree that added competition would help the side & i feel they could push that more. I agree with him that Santon looked impressive following Dummetts display.

If those comments were coming from someone like Sir Bobby or Keegan, ie - a manager who was doing well and had the team performing - it would be more than acceptable. Young players need to step up and a manager is within his right to take a hard line if he feels that is the best way of motivating them.

However, when you consider the absolutely s**** job he is doing, it's pretty staggering. How can he come out and say that when he persists with senior players who are under-performing? Why should Sammy bust his balls if he knows Jonas is just gonna come straight back in regardless?

And the Bigi comment, man. f***ing hell. Aye the lad was pretty s**** when you played him on the right-wing against Benfica, you f***ing dope.

He's on a hiding to nothing n'all so I'm surprised he's taken the risk of slagging them off. We're not signing anyone so he is going to need those players regardless of whether they play well tonight or not. Give them a grilling, they play s*** again, he's still stuck with needing them. I just hope it works because the comments are pretty transparent. Whether they're good enough players or not, they're going to be in and around the first team all year.

Like I say, I don't really mind the man-management 'technique' he's gone for here, but I don't know how those players are meant to take them seriously. Balls out of the bath there, Alan. Hope it works out, ffs, you risky fecker.

I don't mind him having a go at them but he needs to have the same principles with underachieving first teamers like Jonas, Shola etc

Guest icemanblue

What's wrong with challenging players to do well and show they're worthy of the shirt? They're not kids anymore. Are they expected to never face pressure and be given extended deals on 'potential' alone?

Felt sorry for Bigi in that Benfica game. What on earth Pardew was thinking I will never know. To throw a 18 year old defensive midfielder in at right wing, who hadn't played for a while in a quarter final against a team like Benfica was just ridiculous.

I remember going to the game really excited about a potentially fantastic game and then saw the team news and realised Pardew had bottled it.

What is the benefit of him doing that to the senior players though? Surely the intention of doing it to the younger ones is to put a rocket up their arses that if they don't buck up, they'll not make it in the Premier League and slip down the leagues. That's not going to work on Tiote, Jonas, etc.

What's wrong with challenging players to do well and show they're worthy of the shirt?

Doing it in the press is shit, Pardew is a coward who wouldn't have the balls to say the same to underperforming senior players.  Saying it face to face is one thing and justified for Sammy and one or two others, doing it in the press is disgusting.

What is the benefit of him doing that to the senior players though? Surely the intention of doing it to the younger ones is to put a rocket up their arses that if they don't buck up, they'll not make it in the Premier League and slip down the leagues. That's not going to work on Tiote, Jonas, etc.

I agree it has to happen, but players under performing in first team and still getting games / escaping criticism sends wrong message as you want young players to lookup to the first team players

The Bigi comment is the only one that's really got my goat. After his cracking goal and performance against Wigan, he made a few fleeting sub appearances (most of which were 80+ minutes), and he hardly started. He started away to Manu and Arsenal, where we did well to start with, then Pardew led us like lambs to the slaughter for the last 20 minutes in both. Then there was Benfica, where he started him on the wing.

Fucking clown, man.

It'll not work with Tiote, Jonas, etc because they wouldn't accept it, nor should they.

Guest icemanblue

What's wrong with challenging players to do well and show they're worthy of the shirt?

Doing it in the press is shit, Pardew is a coward who wouldn't have the balls to say the same to underperforming senior players.  Saying it face to face is one thing and justified for Sammy and one or two others, doing it in the press is disgusting.

Yes, I am sure that he's just been avoiding them all in the build up to the game. Proper avoiding eye contact and hiding behind doors. Why am I even replying to this? :lol:

Yes, I am sure that he's just been avoiding them all in the build up to the game. Proper avoiding eye contact and hiding behind doors. Why am I even replying to this? :lol:

My point is that he shouldn't be doing it in the press.

@BonjourMonAmiNE: "Bigirimana, last year we all thought in his first couple of games he’s going to make it, but he had some poor games after that."

Good comments like

Who said that?

Pardew

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-i-dont-want-5793256

“I want Sammy to put in a performance on Tuesday night that makes me think what should I do on Saturday. I don’t want players at this football club who aren’t going to contribute on the pitch.

Fucking hate getting days mixed up, me.  I've been running round like a cunt thinking it's Wednesday today.

Guest reefatoon

In all fairness, he looked and sounded more bullish and confident in that interview on the match. lets see if it carries on with the players on the pitch.

Guest bimpy474

I've had a look at what other PL managers were/are saying about their lower level opponents and I haven't seen anyone suggesting they'll lose.

Why did I even bother?

Some premier league managers get the support of their board. Ours have worked to force him out because they ''can't afford'' to sack him. He's an a position to get sacked because they ''couldn't afford'' to back him a the right time - i.e summer.

I'm never surprised by his negativity. He's doing his job with his hands tied behind his back - a job he isn't spectacular at in the first place to an expectant crowd.

Up shit creek without a paddle basically.

You've been shit, get your fucking finger out.