Alan Pardew

Mike

What a complete f***ing bellend he is. Trying to insinuate that it must be younger people because it's social media and EVERYONE KNOWS that young people are reactionary, knee-jerking, know-nothings. Despite the fact that 99% of the people on here want him out, across a broad range of ages.

f***ing plum.

Wasn't it Talksport that ran with the story first that they had been informed he had resigned?  :lol:

I really think he is in serious trouble if we get beat tomorrow.

Yep, I`d go along with that.

Hold on to your butts folks Joe`s in the wings & he`s ready for the cue....

(I think we`ll get beat tomorrow)

The ideal scenario is that we play utter gash & somehow fluke a win & he bites the dust anyway.

Mind you, that old cliché "be careful what you wish for" should be ringing in everyone's ears at the moment

Guest firetotheworks

The way that I'm thinking of it now is that if we get rid of him now, at least we're starting the process of moving on. If it means having Kinnear for a bit, then it's something that you have to accept in order to take the risk and move on. It might not work in the long run and I don't imagine that anything will good of having Kinnear as manager, but it definitely isn't working now and at least it means that we're in the process of potentially getting towards a better Newcastle United.

I'm trying to think of it as Andy crawling through the tunnel of shit in Shawshank Redemption.

Say we did lose tomorrow, Pardew got sacked, Kinnear/Kinnear's mate took over, what would be the general reaction on here? Positive now Pardew has eventually gone and things may now lookup, even more negative as it's Kinnear in charge or just the same shit feelings as it is now?

Say we did lose tomorrow, Pardew got sacked, Kinnear/Kinnear's mate took over, what would be the general reaction on here? Positive now Pardew has eventually gone and things may now lookup, even more negative as it's Kinnear in charge or just the same shit feelings as it is now?

be surprised if it was met with surprise or anger anywhere tbh

similar to KI for me, if he took over, let's just see it as a step towards the light and out of the darkness

Terror? Embarrassment?

The way that I'm thinking of it now is that if we get rid of him now, at least we're starting the process of moving on. If it means having Kinnear for a bit, then it's something that you have to accept in order to take the risk and move on. It might not work in the long run and I don't imagine that anything will good of having Kinnear as manager, but it definitely isn't working now and at least it means that we're in the process of potentially getting towards a better Newcastle United.

I'm trying to think of it as Andy crawling through the tunnel of shit in Shawshank Redemption.

:lol:

Well put. Kinnear isn't the answer obviously, but it's worth crawling through a tunnel of shite to get to the other end.

Well put. Kinnear isn't the answer obviously, but it's worth crawling through a tunnel of shite to get to the other end.

What's at the other end?

Guest hatem garrincha

An intelligent manager would have protected the young MYM (a CB who has world class potential imo), after his bad game against Everton.

Guest reefatoon

I'm trying to think of it as Andy crawling through the tunnel of s*** in Shawshank Redemption.

Well put. Kinnear isn't the answer obviously, but it's worth crawling through a tunnel of s**** to get to the other end.

What's at the other end?

Freedom and Morgan Freeman

I'm trying to think of it as Andy crawling through the tunnel of s*** in Shawshank Redemption.

Well put. Kinnear isn't the answer obviously, but it's worth crawling through a tunnel of s**** to get to the other end.

What's at the other end?

Is Morgan Freeman tactically aware? Does he play 4-3-3?

Say we did lose tomorrow, Pardew got sacked, Kinnear/Kinnear's mate took over, what would be the general reaction on here? Positive now Pardew has eventually gone and things may now lookup, even more negative as it's Kinnear in charge or just the same s*** feelings as it is now?

Negative because of course Kinnear would be a bad appointment, but some relief that we've finally got rid of at least one of the clowns who have infected our club.

An intelligent manager would have protected the young MYM (a CB who has world class potential imo), after his bad game against Everton.

Pardew protected him from another 45 minute Lakaku mauling, this make him intelligent?

Guest bimpy474

Why can't any of the nationals say it like this fella.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/newcastleunited/id/1208

Newcastle head down to Wales to play Cardiff City on Saturday and defeat for the Magpies could bring about the end of manager Alan Pardew's reign on Tyneside.

Newcastle have woefully under-performed for a long time now and the diabolical first half display against Everton at Goodison Park last Monday night was seen by many as an indication that the end could be nigh for Pardew. Even the most optimistic supporters will struggle to imagine us winning.

Since arriving at the club, Pardew has overseen 51 Premier League away games. His side have won only 13 of those games -- a ratio of 26 percent.

Even more alarming than that are results on the road since the start of last season. In their 22 away games since the 2012-13 season kicked off, Newcastle have only won three times. That is just 14 percent of their games -- a damning and alarming statistic.

The fact that Cardiff are a newly promoted side doesn't add any hope to the cause. Alan Pardew's Newcastle teams have played away to newly promoted clubs seven times. They've only won once (Swansea in 2011-12). In fact some of their worst performances have come in these games (the 4-2 loss Norwich in 2011-12 and the terrible display at Southampton last season). A small crumb of comfort comes in the fact that Newcastle have only lost these two games -- but they've drawn the other four.

After years of huge masses of travelling fans following Newcastle to away games, demand for tickets is starting it decline. There were barely more than 1,000 at Everton on Monday (although Monday night games are difficult for people with jobs) and the club also returned 500 tickets for the Cardiff game. Who can blame people for staying away? They know that they'll be paying £40+ for a ticket to watch a team who will probably underperform and that's before the cost of travel is factored in.

Cardiff, backed by a very noisy crowd, will come out of the blocks flying. For Newcastle to pick up any sort of positive result they will need to withstand an early barrage. In two of Newcastle's three away games this season they've conceded a goal within the first six minutes -- if this happens here and the Cardiff fans smell blood, Newcastle will lose.

The team need belief. Their heads are down and some very good players are performing like Sunday morning amateurs. They don't need Pardew telling them how tough it is going to be and how great an atmosphere the crowd will generate.

There will be changes: Mike Williamson could start in place of the struggling Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa (one of the long list of players with pedigree who've been made to look less than ordinary under Pardew) and Hatem Ben Arfa could find himself benched.

Few players could complain about being dropped after Newcastle's last two performances but it doesn't matter who comes in to replace them -- they're all managed by the same man.

If the Newcastle players hold their manager in any regard they will turn up for him on Saturday. If they don't and we witness another Goodison style performance then they could well be training under a new manager sometime soon.

And don't assume that the new man would be Joe Kinnear -- he is a man currently being paid to do nothing. Kinnear would hold sway over a new manager but I don't think he'd take the job on himself.

After all of the above - what do I think will happen? I think Newcastle will scrape a result and Pardew will live to manage another day.

Twitter: @MarcSDuffy

What's at the other end?

Hope.

Guest reefatoon

What's at the other end?

Is Morgan Freeman tactically aware? Does he play 4-3-3?

Totally, he was tremendous at Alex Cross in Kiss the Girls, Already a step ahead of Pards

Guest hatem garrincha

Pardew protected him from another 45 minute Lakaku mauling, this make him intelligent?

Nah, pardew found in MYM the perfect scapegoat to hide his incompetence and now is glorifying his substitute, an average player at best.