Alan Pardew

Mike

His preferred type of CB isn't really my point (and this is in response to Brett and Lotus as well). Regardless of the type of CB Mapou is, his explanation that he had no options, that we weren't strong enough in terms of depth etc. - those were his reasons for the bad results last year. Not the fact that we lacked a tactical game plan, preferred footballing philosophy or willingness to win games, that we changed formation every game, attacked with two players at a time, played with 3-4 players out of position. Those were the real reasons, not that Williamson had to play.

tell it brother

if i pitched up to a new job and my performance steadily declined because i like apple computers better than windows ones and find it hard to work with windows my employers would realise i wasn't suited for the job and tell me to fuck off without 7 years payment being due

We weren't strong enough "in terms of depth" last season according to Pardew. That's why he blamed the Europa League. It meant the likes of Williamson had to play.

In January, he asked to get that situation rectified. Ashley obliged and Yanga-M'Biwa was brought in to get us better quality in that certain position.

He's now reverting to Williamson. His explanatory model is falling apart, hopefully in Ashley's eyes as well. It's the same shambles it's been for the past 12 months, despite us having next to no injuries, extra games or too few players.

To be fair he had been banging on for a dominant centre back that would be a threat aerially and might actually bag some goals to go with it, Mapou couldn't be further away from what he asked for. I see Mapou more a replacement for Colo than a partner for Colo.

I think that's the intention, it's just that in the meantime all our other options are worse. Also, Mapou has to be getting regular games.

I'd personally stick with mym but i wouldn't argue with Willo coming back in as he did the job against Everton and has actually looked solid enough when called upon since he was thrown out of regular first team action. Only thing he can do wrong with this side imo is if he drops Ben Arfa or even brings back in Jonas. I’d like to stick with 4-3-3 but wouldn’t complain about 4-4-2 again.

I'd personally stick with mym but i wouldn't argue with Willo coming back in as he did the job against Everton and has actually looked solid enough when called upon since he was thrown out of regular first team action. Only thing he can do wrong with this side imo is if he drops Ben Arfa or even brings back in Jonas. I’d like to stick with 4-3-3 but wouldn’t complain about 4-4-2 again.

What would the 4-4-2 look like without Jonas?

Cisse Remy

Gouff Anita Cab HBA

Santon Colo Mym Deb

Attack Attack Attack  O0

From Pards point of 4-4-2 though....

Gouff Remy

Sissoko Tiote Cabaye HBA

Santon Colo Willo Debuchy

Cisse Remy

Gouff Anita Cab HBA

Santon Colo Mym Deb

Attack Attack Attack  O0

From Pards point of 4-4-2 though....

Gouff Remy

Sissoko Tiote Cabaye HBA

Santon Colo Willo Debuchy

So, no LW then.

We don't have the players to effectively provide width in a 4-4-2.  If we had a quality left winger who could put a cross in and hug the touchline then it might work but as things stand the only player of that ilk close to the first team is little Fergie.

I think we naturally look better in a 4-3-3 because it plays to our squad's strengths.  We should be picking the formation to suit the players at our disposal, not choosing a formation and then shoehorning players in where we can.

Naaaaaa Sissoko can play wing according to Pards.

Haven't seen him play LW but i'll take your word that he would be good at it...

I'm not saying he'll be good at it, i just know Pardew isn't bothered for playing people out of position so wouldn't surprise me if Sissoko was put left/right in a 4-4-2.

Guest hatem garrincha
He said during the build-up to the game: “It is important we play with intensity.

“They will have their tails up after beating Fulham.

“They also have an away win under their belts as well as the result at home.”

Having already beaten Manchester City at home the Cardiff fans are loving their experience of being in the Premier League.

He said: “This is a tough place to go at the moment.

“We have to make sure we match that.

“If put the negatives in their mind, like score a goal or put them on the back foot, we can change the whole psychology of the game.” Pardew’s team-sheet will be the most significant when it is made public at 2.00 tomorrow.

Mike Williamson is likely to start, while Paul Dummett and Jonas Gutierrez are pushing hard for starts.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/intensity-key-pardew-6137310?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Guest hatem garrincha

NUFCfans ‏@nufcfans  17 min 

Alan Pardew says he has the backing of Mike Ashley. Why wouldn't he? As made clear, #NUFC don't sack managers anymore. #Stability

Gaz ‏@gaz_nufc  10 min 

@nufcfans thats good to hear. We need stability.  I mean, look at how much we have improved in the last few years. Very impressive.

NUFCfans ‏@nufcfans  9 min 

@gaz_nufc Can't agree more. Squad is better than when Pardew arrived, I'd say.

Gaz ‏@gaz_nufc  4 min 

@nufcfans ha ha I was taking the p*ss. Never mind

:lol:

no-one will ever convince me that with proper coaching a team of krul, debuchy, mym, colo, santon, anita, sissoko, cabaye, hba, remy & cisse/gouff can not be drilled into a quality team on the counter...there's so much there to work with

he's managed them that badly that people are talking about jonas, taylor and shola coming as if that's somehow going to save us against the might of cardiff

the man is a fucking charlatan, he needs firing with immediate effect

no-one will ever convince me that with proper coaching a team of krul, debuchy, mym, colo, santon, anita, sissoko, cabaye, hba, remy & cisse/gouff can not be drilled into a quality team on the counter...there's so much there to work with

he's managed them that badly that people are talking about jonas, taylor and shola coming as if that's somehow going to save us against the might of cardiff.

Agreed.

Guest bimpy474

he's managed them that badly that people are talking about jonas, taylor and shola coming as if that's somehow going to save us against the might of cardiff

the man is a fucking charlatan, he needs firing with immediate effect

Amazing how the media/papers/local rags still haven't really said or even really mentioned it.

Guest hatem garrincha

Exactly, put them in any team managed by Rudi Garcia during his years at Lille, with his favourite 4-3-3, and they'd have flourish.

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastles-alan-pardew-insists-job-2336281

Alan Pardew insists he retains the backing of Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

Magpies' manager Pardew revealed he met with Ashley and director of football Joe Kinnear immediately after last Monday's defeat to Everton for a debrief.

That led to social-media speculation - initially that he resigned, and later in the week that he was about to be sacked.

Pardew accepts the pressure is on following two defeats that have the Geordies three points off the relegation places ahead of a difficult set of fixtures including this weekend’s trip to Cardiff, the visit of Liverpool and a derby against Sunderland.

They also entertain Manchester City in the Capital One Cup.

Pardew said: “It’s the old saying that you can’t keep all the people happy all of the time. Well, I can’t keep any of the people happy any of the time!

“Most of that rumour (of his sacking) started on social media, probably by young fans or whoever, and it makes some sort of headway.

“The only way you can deal with it, and I’ve been a manager here for nearly three years, is you kind of have to cut yourself off and just focus on the job.

“None of that had any foundation, but the bottom line is that, at a big club, you’ve got to win games. Then the speculation stops.

“After we won at Villa (in mid-September), there were suggestions that perhaps we should have played with two strikers or that we might have scored more goals.

“Some of it is so far removed, you’ve got to cut through it.”

Asked about his meeting with Ashley, who sat next to Kinnear at the last two matches, Pardew added: “It was a meeting about going forward, making sure that we know exactly what we think the weaknesses are in the squad.

“Mike and Joe wanted to know how they could help. Joe’s an ex-manager, so he needs to know exactly what the issues and problems are, if we have any.

“That’s a general chat that most managers have with their owners.

“Joe can help with gathering information, so that when we come to January when I say ‘I think we should do this’ [in the winter transfer window], it makes some sort of sense.

“I think that’s... a football director at Manchester City, the director at Tottenham, if they’re not getting that information after games, I’d be surprised. I don’t think it’s unique.”

Asked if it was helpful having Kinnear, a man tipped as Pardew’s possible replacement, watching, the 52-year-old added: “I think in his role as football director it’s only right that he is at the game. I think you’d be asking questions if he wasn’t.”

“Yeah, there’s always scrutiny on managers when you’ve lost two games and you’re at a big club, there’s going to be pressure and social media has added to it.”

Pardew is demanding more “consistency” from his players after watching them concede three goals in the first half against Everton, then pull two back after the break.

He added: “We can’t have these up and down periods during games, let alone between them.

“I have great respect for the players here and we have a good group, but the thing we are striving for everyone else which is consistency.

“Once you get to 10 to 12 games, it settles. We were not at our best last season but I hope it will settle down for us.

“We have only just started the campaign and one win can take you considerably up the league.”

Cannot believe that no one has said anything about this. :lol:

What a complete fucking bellend he is. Trying to insinuate that it must be younger people because it's social media and EVERYONE KNOWS that young people are reactionary, knee-jerking, know-nothings. Despite the fact that 99% of the people on here want him out, across a broad range of ages.

Fucking plum.