Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Haris Vuckic

Who could you see them bringing in Mick?

Roberto Di Matteo is the name that has been linked, I'd settle for that.

Did well at Chelsea in europe with a world class squad but his league form wasn't great. He didn't impress me at all with WBA.

Quite similar to Pardew in style, though Pardew seems to have more flexibility, RMD plays for a lot of 1-0's etc. Strange choice.

All the same really. Accepting losses and i'm the moron  :lol:

:lol: How is it the same?

Well your friend clearly agrees with you that accepting a Newcastle loss is perfectly acceptable. Maybe i'm one of a few who wouldn't accept granting another team a win in order to get our manager sacked.

Did well at Chelsea in europe with a world class squad but his league form wasn't great. He didn't impress me at all with WBA.

Quite similar to Pardew in style, though Pardew seems to have more flexibility, RMD plays for a lot of 1-0's etc. Strange choice.

Were Chelsea the only club with a world class squad?  He impressed me when he was at West Brom, he brought a team up behind us with wages that were 10% of ours at the time and they played reasonable football.

Guest palnese

Remember I really wanted us to lose at home to Middlesbrough under Souness, then Lee Clark scored the equalizer deep into stoppage time to make it 2-2.  What a shit day that was.

Well your friend clearly agrees with you that accepting a Newcastle loss is perfectly acceptable. Maybe i'm one of a few who wouldn't accept granting another team a win in order to get our manager sacked.

You seem to accept it when we lose under the current manager, you actively support him.  :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Were Chelsea the only club with a world class squad?  He impressed me when he was at West Brom, he brought a team up behind us with wages that were 10% of ours at the time and they played reasonable football.

Of course not! (regards the chelsea squad)

I think he had a good West Brom side at the time - certainly no mugs, I can't see him being a massive improvement on Pardew but that's my opinion.

A change couldn't 'hurt' too much because I can't see us going too far in either direction. There's certainly a lot of talk about RDM from credible sources so if Pardew does go I imagine he'll slot in fairly quickly - ironically in the same way they had Pardew lined up and they were looking for an excuse to sack Hughton for about 6 weeks.

I'm not 100% sold on whether Di Matteo is a very good manager but in terms of the managers around that would meet our requirements I think he is by far the clear choice.

You seem to accept it when we lose under the current manager, you actively support him.  :lol:

On a serious not though, i can't say i'm more of a supporter of him than the majority. I'm not one to hate on him and starting thinking 'If' we lose here or there he will be gone and that's fine because it's for the greater good and all that tosh.

I just think he's just a bog standard manager similar to Hughton who probably should be managing a side in the league below. Difference is Pardew has the luxury of having a very good group of players at his disposal and i still think he can do a decent job with them. I fancy him to get us top 8 but more of a bumpy ride than it would be if we had a top a manager in charge. Pardew or anyone else, we still wouldn't be beating Liverpool to 6th spot though, we would just be more competitive.

Active support  :lol:

I think he had a good West Brom side at the time - certainly no mugs, I can't see him being a massive improvement on Pardew but that's my opinion.

A change couldn't 'hurt' too much because I can't see us going too far in either direction. There's certainly a lot of talk about RDM from credible sources so if Pardew does go I imagine he'll slot in fairly quickly - ironically in the same way they had Pardew lined up and they were looking for an excuse to sack Hughton for about 6 weeks.

I thought Di Matteo did a better job at West Brom than he did at Chelsea because of what he had to work with at both clubs.  When he was sacked at Chelsea they were 3rd in the league, 3 places higher than they had finished when we were 5th and they were 6th.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I thought Di Matteo did a better job at West Brom than he did at Chelsea because of what he had to work with at both clubs.  When he was sacked at Chelsea they were 3rd in the league, 3 places higher than they had finished when we were 5th and they were 6th.

I don't think he really deserved the sack at Chelsea but how many do?

I can't see him being an improvement - but that's just me. He'd have to tow the same line as Pardew so I can imagine people hating him for the same reasons eventually. As said before though - unless Pardew performs above expectations for a prolonged period of time we'll see RDM get the job.

It would take a spectacular coach to have us in the top 6-7 regularly - as we are now.

Many thought he wouldn't survive the 'difficult period', he's silenced them though, fair play to him. He’s one decent performance away from getting some credit.

You do yourself no favours with this horseshit. He's had credit when we've played well and/or won (try the last match). It might be a surprise to you but that hasn't happened a great deal in the last 18 months.

Many thought he wouldn't survive the 'difficult period', he's silenced them though, fair play to him. He’s one decent performance away from getting some credit.

Stahp Brett pls. The difficult period involved us being thoroughly embarrassed by Sunderland. Still needs a couple of good results in the next 4 to win back some hearts and minds.

Really though? :lol: We got beat, it can happen. Cardiff beat Swansea at the weekend, does that now mean Cardiff are better than Swansea and embarrassed them? No, not at all. The 3-0 at home however was thoroughly embarrassing, losing to a 20 yard strike in closing stages isn't.

Norwich/West Brom are the big games, i agree. This period of games from Everton away was tough though and i think the players and manager can keep their heads held high bar an embarrassing display tomorrow.

You're ignoring the details of the situation though. There are clear patterns in terms of how we play, its not just losing to Sunderland. Its what that game means, the gap in ability of the sides at the time & our lack of ability to step up to the occasion (having just matched the team in 2nd place). You're acting as if its a one off, when it is one in a long run of poor performances when under pressure & underperforming against sides we should be beating. The other games dont change what that means about our potential to do the same in the future.

He's silenced nobody, he's still s***.

Are you still hoping we lose so he gets sacked, Mick?

I think we will suffer in the long term if he keeps winning just enough games to avoid the sack.

Remember I really wanted us to lose at home to Middlesbrough under Souness, then Lee Clark scored the equalizer deep into stoppage time to make it 2-2.  What a shit day that was.

It was Villa at home for me, I remember watching Barry miss a penalty & was both relieved that he'd missed and pissed off that it would mean Souness keeping his job for a few weeks longer at least.

He's silenced nobody, he's still s***.

Are you still hoping we lose so he gets sacked, Mick?

I think we will suffer in the long term if he keeps winning just enough games to avoid the sack.

Yes.

http://i.imgur.com/sxBpEpZ.png

If that's not thoroughly embarrassing then I don't know what is, local rivals or not.

Worst part is, had that been us in their place we'd still have some defending Pardew on here and Pardew would still have a job here ;)

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew says more emphasis is to be placed on the production of home-grown talent at St James' Park.

The Magpies acknowledge that they cannot compete with the lavish spending of some of their Premier League rivals, forcing them to take a different approach to squad development.

Fresh faces will always be drafted in from elsewhere, with experience and proven ability vital in the English top flight.

Pardew is, however, aware of the need to keep bringing potential through the academy ranks, with Tyneside native Paul Dummett having impressed since stepping up into the senior ranks this term.

He said in the Sunday Times: "We've focused our academy on local players rather than searching the world for talent.

"We are now focusing very much in our area. I think it is an important message for our fans. That's the instruction from myself, Joe Kinnear and Mike Ashley. We want to maximise what's in our area.

"The ratio of foreign players at Newcastle is getting tight. It's important in our transfer policy that we bring in some English players.

"I'm very focused on the academy promoting talent from this area. I've said to all our scouts that I want to bring in players from here.

"We're scouring locally. That's something we need to do. We need more coaching hours with our players but, in terms of transfers to our first team, you've got to be good enough."

Pardew added: "All of our academy coaches should be proud. Everybody works so hard down there. It is brilliant for them to see somebody on the threshold of the first team.

"We have Sammy (Ameobi). We have had Dummett come through, who is definitely part of our first team squad. There's Arma (Adam Armstrong, and England U17 international) and (Adam) Campbell. We're hoping for them."

Does this mean we're not signing anyone in January?

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew says more emphasis is to be placed on the production of home-grown talent at St James' Park.

The Magpies acknowledge that they cannot compete with the lavish spending of some of their Premier League rivals, forcing them to take a different approach to squad development.

Fresh faces will always be drafted in from elsewhere, with experience and proven ability vital in the English top flight.

Pardew is, however, aware of the need to keep bringing potential through the academy ranks, with Tyneside native Paul Dummett having impressed since stepping up into the senior ranks this term.

He said in the Sunday Times: "We've focused our academy on local players rather than searching the world for talent.

"We are now focusing very much in our area. I think it is an important message for our fans. That's the instruction from myself, Joe Kinnear and Mike Ashley. We want to maximise what's in our area.

"The ratio of foreign players at Newcastle is getting tight. It's important in our transfer policy that we bring in some English players.

"I'm very focused on the academy promoting talent from this area. I've said to all our scouts that I want to bring in players from here.

"We're scouring locally. That's something we need to do. We need more coaching hours with our players but, in terms of transfers to our first team, you've got to be good enough."

Pardew added: "All of our academy coaches should be proud. Everybody works so hard down there. It is brilliant for them to see somebody on the threshold of the first team.

"We have Sammy (Ameobi). We have had Dummett come through, who is definitely part of our first team squad. There's Arma (Adam Armstrong, and England U17 international) and (Adam) Campbell. We're hoping for them."

Does this mean we're not signing anyone in January?

We won't sign anyone unless we are fighting relegation IMO.

He's full of shit though, so we are going to focus on players who aren't good enough instead of trying to get the best talent we possibly can.

Typical Pardew trying to pander to the public but he just gets it all wrong, we want to see the best players we can possibly attract play to there highest possible level.

What a wanker.  Cant believe this pap continues to come out of the club.  So all that new tv money has completely gone, we are now forced to play or use academy players.

I wish ashley would fuck off and die

Guest bimpy474

What a wanker.  Cant believe this pap continues to come out of the club.  So all that new tv money has completely gone, we are now forced to play or use academy players.

I wish ashley would fuck off and die

I thought we didn't spend the TV money as we don't get it until the start of next season...