Alan Pardew

Mike

I think it's lucky that Sissoko, a centre-mid all day, fitted into a wing role when all the other alternatives weren't good enough. Not that it's Pardew's fault that we didn't sign a right-winger in the summer.

Barton was a central mid and Owen an out and out striker. Keegan must have got lucky in getting them to play well at left midfield and attacking midfield in a 4-3-3 then.  :dontknow:

:lol: That 4-3-1-2 was meticulously crafted by a manager who was trying to exploit every individual's best qualities. The formation we're playing at the moment is nothing out of the ordinary (effective, sure), but Sissoko was shoehorned into that role because there's only one orthodox RW in the squad, and he's terrible. Fortunately Moussa's grown into it. And... well, I'm not repeating myself, so I'll just quote myself instead:

It isn't all the manager's fault, like. For all it isn't pretty to watch, I'm happy with the current gameplan and I really like Sissoko, but his current role in the side is another example of Pardew: A) not being allowed to build a squad that suits his limited tactical skills (board's fault) and B) not being able to find a system that allows his best players to play in their best positions (manager's fault).

I'm not trying to actively poo-poo our current form or Pardew's decisions since we've found a system that works, but I do think he sorta fell into a bit of success as far as Sissoko is concerned.

Barton's always been utter crap in CM.

For us mostly yes, but he was a CM when he signed for us, its where he played at Man City and where he made his name. He used to run the show for them - not that they were a great side in those days.

Tbf i wouldn't compare this current 4-4-2 shouldn't really be compared to the 4-3-1-2 Keegan conjured up.

But Pardew does deserve credit because its a lot more fluid than what we are used to under him.... Sissoko often drifts into midfield when in possession, Debuchy takes up the space he vacates Gouffran does tend to move off the line and get into the box and Remy peels off wide.

Its almost like a 4-3-3 when we go forward but into a solid 442 when we lose it and i have to say i didn't expect Pardew could conjure up something like that.

Tbf i wouldn't compare this current 4-4-2 shouldn't really be compared to the 4-3-1-2 Keegan conjured up.

But Pardew does deserve credit because its a lot more fluid than what we are used to under him.... Sissoko often drifts into midfield when in possession, Debuchy takes up the space he vacates Gouffran does tend to move off the line and get into the box and Remy peels off wide.

Its almost like a 4-3-3 when we go forward but into a solid 442 when we lose it and i have to say i didn't expect Pardew could conjure up something like that.

Probably just the players making it up as they go along....Can't be Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

Aye could be that too :lol: i hope it stays like that anyway, nothing worse than rigid football with no movement. :anguish:

Well i thought we played with quite good movement against W.B.A, especially after our 2nd goal. I enjoyed that 20 minutes or so.

God i feel dirty.

Aye could be that too :lol: i hope it stays like that anyway, nothing worse than rigid football with no movement. :anguish:

Well i thought we played with quite good movement against W.B.A, especially after our 2nd goal. I enjoyed that 20 minutes or so.

God i feel dirty.

Agree with your first two sentences totally. That final sentence was clearly posted in error and meant for some other forum you belong to.  ;)

I believe that the improvement in playing style has come about because Ashley nailed Pardew about the lack of entertainment and results during the summer 'heart to heart' they reputedly had..others were also involved and I reckon Carr and Carver have put their 2 penn'orth in because they KNOW that NUFC fans want more entertainment and possession football than they were seeing from Pardew's teams.

Pardew picks the side and makes all the subs but I reckon the coaches have had far more influence on the side's performances this season. The players also brought this up with Pardew - remember Jonas complaining about training and Ba saying the fans weren't seeing good football before he left..??

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew sets his team a Champions League challenge

3 Dec 2013 07:34

Alan Pardew has a simple message for the Newcastle United players who think they can finish in the top four this season: “Prove it”

Alan Pardew has a simple message for the Newcastle United players who think they can finish in the top four this season: “Prove it.”

Both Yohan Cabaye and Loic Remy have spoken about their top-four aspirations in recent weeks, and the Magpies go to Swansea City tomorrow night knowing they can break into the Champions League positions.

However, Pardew – aiming for his fifth win a row in the clash at the Liberty Stadium – is trying to manage expectations amid Newcastle’s hot streak.

Before setting off for the team’s plush hotel in Wales, Pardew said: “Our fans should not get carried away.

“We are a good side but we are yet to prove over the course of 30 games we are a top-six side. That is what we need to do.

“We did that two years ago and that is what we are going to try to do this time.” United fans will be making the 717-mile round trek to Swansea tomorrow night and will not return to Tyneside until the small hours of Thursday morning, many of them heading straight to work on the same day.

Pardew wants his players to make sure

they are repaid with a solid display.

With the Magpies on such a great run and confidence high he added: “It is good for the confidence and good for the mood.

“It is good for our strength of mind, but we have a quick turnaround this week.

“We have Swansea and they will be trying to knock us.

“The thing about the Premier League is any team can beat you.

“So you have to be at your best.

“We had to be at our best to beat West Brom and we will have to be the same at Swansea.”

Pardew could name an unchanged line-up for the clash with the Swans.

However, both Papiss Cisse and Hatem Ben Arfa are both desperate for a slice of the action.

Both have had limited opportunities of late and cannot find a way into the starting XI, the manager identifying Mike Williamson and Shola Ameobi as his in-form men right now.

Pardew said: “Sometimes it is good for the starting XI to have that confidence they can play 90 minutes and see a game out.

“Against Tottenham we did not do that - we had to change with three substitutes and utilise that extra energy.

“I felt we had good energy with the team that started.

“Ameobi and Williamson again proved if you put in the effort then you stay in the team. They were two of the best players on the pitch.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-boss-alan-pardew-6364075

God i feel dirty.

I hate the fucker but I thought this too, we moved well at times. Sometimes we still have no options when Tiote or Cabaye has the ball but still better than previous. Awful to watch at times but appears effective, would like to see us be a bit more ruthless and control final 1/3 but really can't kick off having won 4 games. If we end up near top 6 at end of season playing like this then would be happy.

If we end up getting bummed of Swansea and Man U then I will go back to my generic "fuck off Pardew you cunt" :lol:

I believe that the improvement in playing style has come about because Ashley nailed Pardew about the lack of entertainment and results during the summer 'heart to heart' they reputedly had..others were also involved and I reckon Carr and Carver have put their 2 penn'orth in because they KNOW that NUFC fans want more entertainment and possession football than they were seeing from Pardew's teams.

Pardew picks the side and makes all the subs but I reckon the coaches have had far more influence on the side's performances this season. The players also brought this up with Pardew - remember Jonas complaining about training and Ba saying the fans weren't seeing good football before he left..??

Desperation has really set in. Ashley getting credit for our improved football? You missed Kinnear off your list btw.

If we are willing to dump all the shite on Pardew when we are on a losing streak or play pathetically then we need to praise him somewhat for the last 4 games against varying opposition. Title contenders beaten, top 6 contenders beaten, relegation battles beaten, a team considered on same level as us beaten. I refuse to believe that it was solely down to luck or that we won despite Pardew.

I've called him all sorts on here this season and even called for his head, but to be fair to him this run of form he needs to be praised for.

Desperation has really set in. Ashley getting some credit for our improved football....You missed Kinnear off your list btw.

The kitchen at the training ground has really upped it's game with the bait as well.  Pardew has nothing to do with the baked potato toppings.

...and the cleaning ladies have been getting into all the nooks and crannies that Pardew can't.  That's been worth 9 points alone.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The coaches. :lol:

Have you seen the state of our backroom staff?