Alan Pardew

Mike

He mystifies me. He really does. I know some people claim that last season they were never quite sold on him but I was, and the reason was that he seemed to be able to mold the squad game on game and coax performances out of whoever he picked in his starting XI. In the first half of the season he seemed to have an awareness of how to nullify the clubs we came up against, in the second he utilised the attacking triumvirate of Ba, Cisse and HBA to great effect so we were able to play our own game.

This season has been a completely different kettle of fish. Any tactical nous he showed has completely deserted him, he's stuck rigidly to game plans which haven't worked and he doesn't seem to know where our best player's best positions are.

He may have fluked it, but why does this happen at every club he has been at? How can you make the same mistakes again and again and again? Baffling.

His basic knowledge of the game is a joke. If Ben Arfa was knackered and he wanted to sit back and hit on the counter after 60 mins, then why bring on a big slow forward and move your only goal scorer onto the wing? Then take off the only other forward with any pace? Not to mention if you thought Ben Arfa wasn't fit enough to last 90 mins then have someone like Obertan on the bench to give an outlet and keep Allardyce worried about getting hit on the break. Nothing this clown does has any logic. He's a complete con artist.

He was more likely to get injured, or concede possession cheaply, than create or score a goal.

Pure conjecture stemming from your unrelenting agenda.

I'm just not even going to entertain posts like this anymore. Lifting patter.

1)Make a completely baseless statement.

2)Get called out for it.

3)State that you won't entertain objections to conjecture.

Hurr.  :thup:

Is Sammy available? Because if he was then he bloody well should have been.

Back from Boro

This isn't being wise after the event, but you should always have a pacy forward as an option either on the pitch or on the bench. When we were starting with Gouffran and Ben Arfa, you always feared what would happen if they didn't last the game. Our chances of winning the game effectively were snuffed out after 70 mins.

He mystifies me. He really does. I know some people claim that last season they were never quite sold on him but I was, and the reason was that he seemed to be able to mold the squad game on game and coax performances out of whoever he picked in his starting XI. In the first half of the season he seemed to have an awareness of how to nullify the clubs we came up against, in the second he utilised the attacking triumvirate of Ba, Cisse and HBA to great effect so we were able to play our own game.

This season has been a completely different kettle of fish. Any tactical nous he showed has completely deserted him, he's stuck rigidly to game plans which haven't worked and he doesn't seem to know where our best player's best positions are.

He may have fluked it, but why does this happen at every club he has been at? How can you make the same mistakes again and again and again? Baffling.

Probably due to arrogance, he can do no wrong.

Yep, his ego knows no bounds and it's really to our detriment.

Sammy should have been on the bench.

Is Sammy available? Because if he was then he bloody well should have been.

Tweeted yesterday afternoon that he was on his way down to London for the game so I assumed he was with the squad.

This isn't being wise after the event, but you should always have a pacy forward as an option either on the pitch or on the bench. When we were starting with Gouffran and Ben Arfa, you always feared what would happen if they didn't last the game. Our chances of winning the game effectively were snuffed out after 70 mins.

I agree, I can't stand Obertan but he does have a use coming off the bench and the same goes for Sammy.

Pop quiz. Who said this today:

"It would have been a big mistake to try and sit back for a point," he said. "We had to win. We couldn't afford to hold on and take it to the next game."

Pop quiz. Who said this today:

"It would have been a big mistake to try and sit back for a point," he said. "We had to win. We couldn't afford to hold on and take it to the next game."

RM?

http://i.imgur.com/4XPlPsM.png

A must win game and he's happy with a point.  Says it all.  Yes we kept a clean sheet and after letting in 9 goals in two games that's massively important.  BUT at this stage not enough !!  :hmm:

It's utterly pointless "resting" HBA now. We've got 2 games left? What's the point? Just decreases the amount of time that is left for him to get up to speed. Even at 70% he's still one of the only ones left who can create out of nothing.

No time left I'm afraid. Risk/Reward type situation.

I've rather Ben Arfa at 10% than Shola at 100%.

A must win game and he's happy with a point.  Says it all.  Yes we kept a clean sheet and after letting in 9 goals in two games that's massively important.  BUT at this stage not enough !!  :hmm:

Feels like we're just sleepwalking to relegation. Really quite noticeable that there's no sense of urgency at all coming from the interviews.

From Football365 - a fair assessment? Reckon so;

http://www.football365.com/faves/869...ref_map=%5B%5D

After recent heavy defeats against Sunderland and Liverpool, Newcastle's hard-fought 0-0 draw with West Ham will have come as a relief to Alan Pardew. That relief may only last until Tuesday, however, when the Magpies could drop into the bottom three for the first time this season if Wigan beat Swansea and Sunderland pick up at least a point at home to Stoke on Monday.

It's an embarrassing predicament for Pardew and, despite Newcastle's improved defensive performance at Upton Park, the manager should be worried by his team's lack of invention ahead of three crucial matches to secure survival. The Magpies have now scored only one goal in their last four Premier League fixtures - and three in the last seven - with Papiss Cisse again cutting a lonely figure in attack on Saturday.

The loss of Demba Ba to Chelsea has obviously had a detrimental impact on Newcastle's form in front of goal, but Pardew must also take responsibility for failing to address the Magpies' barren run. While Roberto Martinez has encouraged Wigan to repeat last year's incredible survival feat by adopting an open, attacking style of play, Pardew seems fearful of allowing Newcastle's players to express their quality in a cautious, uninspiring system.

It's one thing to play dull football and grind out results - as West Ham have done for much of the season - but Pardew's perennially negative tactics have continued to bring poor performances throughout a disappointing campaign. The manager showed that he is capable of making necessary changes to his team's system by switching to a 4-3-3 formation in the second half of last season, but this year he has failed to act to prevent Newcastle's slide, persisting with the same players and approach week after week.

Pardew has struggled in similar circumstances before, with Saturday's trip to West Ham offering a timely reminder. The manager's rudimentary tactics gained promotion, a top-ten Premier League finish and an FA Cup runners-up medal in two full seasons with the Hammers, but when performances started to slip he had no answers. A dreadful start to the 2006/07 season, in which West Ham lost 11 of their first 17 games and scored only ten goals, resulted in Pardew's dismissal, and many Newcastle fans are now hoping that the same fate befalls the manager at St James' Park.

It is too late for Ashley to act on the manager's future at this stage, of course, but the fans' shocking reaction to the Sunderland and Liverpool defeats revealed that they have finally run out of patience. Newcastle have enough quality to comfortably finish in the top ten and yet they have remained in the bottom half since mid-November with Pardew seemingly bereft of ideas on how to change his team's fortunes.

It seems that last season's achievements may have left a negative legacy in terms of Pardew's loyalty to his underperforming players. Jonas Gutierrez and Cheick Tiote have been in terrible form for most of the current campaign, yet both can expect to be in the starting line-up when fit. This complacency underlines Newcastle's significant backwards step this year and, even if they survive, Pardew's past record suggests he will struggle to learn from his mistakes.