Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Roger Kint

Good to see that although as expected Pardew will be staying that he is bringing another coach over the summer. Well overdue but hopefully its somebody with some tactical ability rather than yet another 'jobs for the boys' appointment.

It will be another 'jobs for the boys' appointment.

Yeah it will be less Malky Mackay or Chris Powell and more Andy Melville or Don Hutchison :anguish:

Times haven't changed? Three years ago when we came up, our central midfield was Nolan and Smith, now it's two regular French internationals. Give over man.

We appointed Pardew at a time he had internationals like Ben Arfa, Tiote, Coloccini, Carroll, Gutierrez etc.

By the same token we still have Perch, Simpson, Williamson, and Taylor in our top 11 starters for the season.

Times haven't changed? Three years ago when we came up, our central midfield was Nolan and Smith, now it's two regular French internationals. Give over man.

We appointed Pardew at a time he had internationals like Ben Arfa, Tiote, Coloccini, Carroll, Gutierrez etc.

By the same token we still have Perch, Simpson, Williamson, and Taylor in our top 11 starters for the season.

We had them along with Nolan, Smith & Barton though so it's a bit of a moot point. Ben Arfa's leg was in 2 at the time.

If Ashley and co have the same ambition as Pardew we are well and truly f***ed as a football club ,our good players will be sold i.e Krul ,HBA,Cabaye to get maximum profit now.The players will not be happy with Pardews comments imho or they simply dont care and want to pick up a wage  :dave:

We finished 5th last year and the extent of Ashley's ambition meant that the best player brought in was Vurnon Anita, not even a first teamer a year later.

If Ashley is not swayed by a 5th place finish then there's not a great deal more Pardew could do to push for improvement.

It was only the threat of relegation that forced Ashley to put his hand in his pocket in January......and even then he's happy to have Shola Ameobi as the second best dedicated striker at the club.

Is Gouffran not a striker like?

"dedicated" :lol:

I'm not defending Mike Ashley, I simply don't share your belief that he's willing to see players drop in value due to mismanagement.

Our transfer policy is completely different now. Trying to deny that is ludicrous. When we came up I wouldn't have expected him to buy Cisse or MYM or Santon or Debuchy. Things have changed.

We had them along with Nolan, Smith & Barton though so it's a bit of a moot point. Ben Arfa's leg was in 2 at the time.

The argument is who Ashley deems fit to manage his international players.  Whey Coloccini and Ben Arfa cost more than Cabaye and Sissoko, so I fail to see why appointing Pardew then was any less of a deriliction of those players.

If Ashley and co have the same ambition as Pardew we are well and truly f***ed as a football club ,our good players will be sold i.e Krul ,HBA,Cabaye to get maximum profit now.The players will not be happy with Pardews comments imho or they simply dont care and want to pick up a wage  :dave:

We finished 5th last year and the extent of Ashley's ambition meant that the best player brought in was Vurnon Anita, not even a first teamer a year later.

If Ashley is not swayed by a 5th place finish then there's not a great deal more Pardew could do to push for improvement.

It was only the threat of relegation that forced Ashley to put his hand in his pocket in January......and even then he's happy to have Shola Ameobi as the second best dedicated striker at the club.

I don't see him as an out and out striker.  Spends lots of time on the wing.

His strike rate is very poor for a "dedicated" striker if you see him as that.

Certainly no replacement for Ba.

I was under the impression that his record in the season or so before joining he'd been playing up front and scoring regularly.

Guest Roger Kint

I was under the impression that his record in the season or so before joining he'd been playing up front and scoring regularly.

10 in 23 before joining us. 14 in 30 odd last season as well.

He scored 31 in 5 years at Bordeaux.

If he is our second "dedicated" stiker I'll hold my hands up.  what an idiot I am.

...but are you happy with Shola getting 35 appearances? and with this £1.2m man we've brought in to replace Ba, Ranger AND Shola?

He played upfront in the last 2 years and scored 1 goal in every 2 games. He would be perfectly fine as a "dedicated" 2nd striker option, not that this is his role right now.

If he's even given a "role". If anyone has a fucking role on this stupid fucking team.

IIRC he didn't play up front until recently for Bordeaux.

So I was right in the first place? :lol:

It's irrelevant to the wider point I was making anyway like.

Well presumably he doesn't pick his own position in a side. Since being up front in recent years he's got a perfectly serviceable strike rate. Not as good as the best striker we've had since Shearer though, obviously.

I wouldn't be so against Pardew, if the worst that would happen under him is mediocrity, id be willing to give him half a season more. This year we came perilously close to relegation and I just dont think we can afford it. Bring in Jol ;)

I wouldn't be so against Pardew, if the worst that would happen under him is mediocrity, id be willing to give him half a season more. This year we came perilously close to relegation and I just dont think we can afford it. Bring in Jol ;)

Jol came just as close to relegation Tbf and I really hate Pardew.

He scored 31 in 5 years at Bordeaux.

If he is our second "dedicated" stiker I'll hold my hands up.  what an idiot I am.

...but are you happy with Shola getting 35 appearances? and with this £1.2m man we've brought in to replace Ba, Ranger AND Shola?

only 6 months left on his contract = Low price tag.