Alan Pardew

Mike

Scary how accurate the trend is in his career so far.

Even last year I always had the nagging feeling we were doing well in spite of him but I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the run we ended the season on and expected us to continue playing in that way this season.

Unfortunately it has followed the trend and he appears to have been "found out". Reminds me a bit of Roeder except Glenn had a far weaker squad to work with in my opinion and didn't talk anywhere near as much bullshit as Pardew does.

Aye. The flaws have been pointed out.

I've noticed people like my anti Pardew bullshit much more than my pro Pardew bullshit.

We don't need either though, my eyes say he's shit so he's shit, end of.

Even last year I always had the nagging feeling we were doing well in spite of him but I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the run we ended the season on and expected us to continue playing in that way this season.

Unfortunately it has followed the trend and he appears to have been "found out". Reminds me a bit of Roeder except Glenn had a far weaker squad to work with in my opinion and didn't talk anywhere near as much bullshit as Pardew does.

Will this be the first time he hasn't been sacked at this point in the trend? Interesting to see how he responds.

Will this be the first time he hasn't been sacked at this point in the trend? Interesting to see how he responds.

You really love Pardew. You are like a fly to shit with this thread.

You really love Pardew. You are like a fly to shit with this thread.

Was that really necessary? I know you're Australian, but even so.

I was asking a genuine question about his career up to now, so fuck off.

Hell of a risk you must admit though Ian?

I agree completely when you said before that we will be better next season and I'm sure we will as we can't be much worse, plus no europe as he keeps banging on about.

I'm just stuck with the idea that we are wasting a potentially gifted set of players with the wrong manager and eventually we will lose Ben Arfa, Cabaye etc before we have even seen them at their best in a free-flowing attacking team.

You really love Pardew. You are like a fly to s*** with this thread.

Was that really necessary? I know you're Australian, but even so.

I was asking a genuine question about his career up to now, so f*** off.

It wasn't really necessary. I apologise. :) Just frustrated that Pards is still here.

we are wasting a potentially gifted set of players with the wrong manager and eventually we will lose Ben Arfa, Cabaye etc before we have even seen them at their best in a free-flowing attacking team.

This is what kills me most, the most frustrating thing about Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

Maybe Pardew will be better himself. I think it's been quite apparent that he struggles under pressure as seen before managing us also. Starting a new season fresh might help.

Not sure how any that will change the style of play but you never know.

Guest bimpy474

They're the kind of stats i like. Fans aren't daft in the long run.

Just realised I haven't put my patented Premier league only points won stats in this thread.  These are interesting because they dismiss all other outside factors.  Champions League, Europa, FA & League cups as well as championship games.  They don't care about losses or draws or wins, just points on the board.  Everyone is measured only on their top flight games.  The best like for like comparison of our Premier League managers available on the web.

Here goes Pardew lovers.....stand by your beds.....prepare for the backlash....

PL Points %

Kevin Keegan 61.54%

Sir Bobby Robson 53.19%

Glenn Roeder 47.44%

Alan Pardew 45.70%

Kenny Dalglish 45.24%

Sam Allardyce 41.27%

Chris Hughton 39.58%

Graeme Souness 39.39%

Kevin Keegan 2 36.84%

Ruud Gullit 36.59%

Joe Kinnear 34.72%

Alan Shearer 20.83%

Our 4th best manager  in over 20 years.  :snod:

Guest bimpy474

Just realised I haven't put my patented Premier league only points won stats in this thread.  These are interesting because they dismiss all other outside factors.  Champions League, Europa, FA & League cups as well as championship games.  They don't care about losses or draws or wins, just points on the board.  Everyone is measured only on their top flight games.  The best like for like comparison of our Premier League managers available on the web.

Here goes Pardew lovers.....stand by your beds.....prepare for the backlash....

PL Points %

Kevin Keegan 61.54%

Sir Bobby Robson 53.19%

Glenn Roeder 47.44%

Alan Pardew 45.70%

Kenny Dalglish 45.24%

Sam Allardyce 41.27%

Chris Hughton 39.58%

Graeme Souness 39.39%

Kevin Keegan 2 36.84%

Ruud Gullit 36.59%

Joe Kinnear 34.72%

Alan Shearer 20.83%

Our 4th best manager  in over 20 years.  :snod:

Well these stats are to be put on the top of a shit cake.

Hell of a risk you must admit though Ian?

I agree completely when you said before that we will be better next season and I'm sure we will as we can't be much worse, plus no europe as he keeps banging on about.

I'm just stuck with the idea that we are wasting a potentially gifted set of players with the wrong manager and eventually we will lose Ben Arfa, Cabaye etc before we have even seen them at their best in a free-flowing attacking team.

Yeah sure, I don't really disagree with any of that. All I was saying that usually he gets sacked at this point in the trend, so it will be interesting to see if he's capable of getting things back on track. And how.

Happy Face man we came 5th last season! Our highest finish since what? 2005/06? Ofcourse he is going to have a high percentage of points won etc. Doesn't quite prove that he is up to the job now does it?

Guest bimpy474

Happy Face man we came 5th last season! Our highest finish since what? 2005/06? Ofcourse he is going to have a high percentage of points won etc. Doesn't quite prove that he is up to the job now does it?

Or the fact he's had longer in the job than most on there, of course he'll be good on points the longer in the job he is.

Utter arsejuice those stats.