Alan Pardew

Mike

Absolutely irrelevant if they're internationals.

:thup:

Nicky Butt, Geremi, Alan Smith, Damien Duff, Mark Viduka, Michael Owen were all internationals.

three of those for England a long time before they joined us, Geremi for Senegal, Duff for Ireland and Viduka occasionally for Australia. They're not really relevant examples compared to all the current internationals we have now for football nations like France, Holland and Argentina.

That's racist. Cameroon.

Guest firetotheworks

Internationals means nothing if you're talking about fringe players, or rubbish countries. We're mainly talking about starters for France.

Even if it does mean nothing, the point can be changed to 'a squad full of very good players.'

Very talented footballers and one player who averages double figures in a season. The squad is f***ing crap.

If this squad is crap i hate to know what you think of all our other squads post Sir Bobby.....

The squad is far from crap its just poorly coached and poorly managed.

Very talented footballers and one player who averages double figures in a season. The squad is f***ing crap.

If this squad is crap i hate to know what you think of all our other squads post Sir Bobby.....

I weep to think how good this team would be under half-decent management.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130523/magpies-united-for-new-season_2281670_3188858

Newcastle United managing director Derek Llambias met with manager Alan Pardew and owner Mike Ashley on Wednesday in order to discuss the reasons behind the Club's disappointing league campaign which saw the Magpies end the season in 16th position, following an impressive fifth-place finish in 2011/12.

Llambias told nufc.co.uk: "Everyone connected with the Club was disappointed to finish where we did last season, particularly on the back of such a fantastic year prior to that.

"Our discussions on Wednesday were very constructive and we pinpointed a number of factors that contributed to a season which fell below expectations.

"We are now looking forward and are entirely focussed on the forthcoming campaign, with the expectation of at least a top-ten finish in the Premier League.

"There has been a great deal of speculation in recent weeks but our desire, as we announced back in September, is to bring long-term stability to this Club. It's up to us all now to work closely as a team to ensure next season sees us competing in the top half of the table again.

"We would all like to thank the fans for their continued support and assure them we remain committed to providing affordable football at St. James' Park."

took them long enough

The first XI when all available is superb. In terms of the squad, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's crap, but it's not outstanding either. We have some marvellous individual players and one or two who can come off the bench and make an impact - but in terms of quality strength in depth it needs improvement. 

This stability thing drives me nuts.  Stability would come with a decent board hiring a decent manager.  Forcing stability by holding onto this ass clown will result with them having to jettison him in 5 months anyway, with us possibly in another precarious position.

This stability thing drives me nuts.  Stability would come with a decent board hiring a decent manager.  Forcing stability by holding onto this ass clown will them having to jettison him in 5 months, with us possibly in another precarious position.

The first XI when all available is superb. In terms of the squad, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's crap, but it's not outstanding either. We have some marvellous individual players and one or two who can come off the bench and make an impact - but in terms of quality strength in depth it needs improvement.

I don't think anyone denied that though, clearly needs 3 or 4 additions ( as long as key players stay) but that is the same with nearly every team in the league.

"We would all like to thank the fans for their continued support and assure them we remain committed to providing affordable football at St. James' Park."

Not entertaining, affordable.

Might as well have said 'budget football'.

I'd like to know what the factors they pinpointed are.

Lack of investment in summer, not a big enough squad to cope with the Europa League, an exceptional injury list, lack of PL experience...

It'll just be all the stuff we've discussed a hundred times.

Even under Bobby the squad as a whole wasn't that great. Imagine what somebody like Sir Bobby could do with the players we've got at the moment.

The only good thing in that statement, is that they've outlined exactly what is acceptable for Pardew next year, he's now got to finish in the top ten, or this quote will be thrown back in their face. Don't think he's capable of it.

The affordable bit is worrying, treating the fans like customers of their stores, belving that we'll continue to buy their products as long as the price is right !!

Guest Slippery Sam

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130523/magpies-united-for-new-season_2281670_3188858

Newcastle United managing director Derek Llambias met with manager Alan Pardew and owner Mike Ashley on Wednesday in order to discuss the reasons behind the Club's disappointing league campaign which saw the Magpies end the season in 16th position, following an impressive fifth-place finish in 2011/12.

Llambias told nufc.co.uk: "Everyone connected with the Club was disappointed to finish where we did last season, particularly on the back of such a fantastic year prior to that.

"Our discussions on Wednesday were very constructive and we pinpointed a number of factors that contributed to a season which fell below expectations.

"We are now looking forward and are entirely focussed on the forthcoming campaign, with the expectation of at least a top-ten finish in the Premier League.

"There has been a great deal of speculation in recent weeks but our desire, as we announced back in September, is to bring long-term stability to this Club. It's up to us all now to work closely as a team to ensure next season sees us competing in the top half of the table again.

took them long enough

There's the warning right there.  Parsnip has been told: "top ten, at least, next season, or you're out." 

Not entertaining, affordable.

I picked this out too. Not entertaining and certainly not "bringing trophies to SJP," but affordable. That's depressing.