Alan Pardew

Mike

Nothing about aiming to do anything in the cups, providing better football than the shite all season long.  Club's only ambition is to break even or post a profit to pay back Ashley.

Actually, if you're at least semi literate there was.

I;ts nesst

sarroi

Guest neesy111

Nothing about aiming to do anything in the cups, providing better football than the shite all season long.  Club's only ambition is to break even or post a profit to pay back Ashley.

No, there's not.  Just about aiming for the top 10 was the only objective from a playing perspective.

Guest neesy111

I;ts nesst

Zzzzz.  You're such a boring person Chris.

No, there's not.  Just about aiming for the top 10 was the only objective from a playing perspective.

Go look up 'at least'.  Then find someone who can type and get them to look up 'at least'.

Last time I checked, and by no means do I have a street wise education, but Top 10 did include positions such as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and a few others I forget about.

What's wrong with this?

Or should we be finishing Top 3?

I understand DL says "at the least", is probably trying to dampen expectations and may secretly have higher ambitions himself, but it's just the thought of it being a case for celebration.

It's also the fact we could have still finished 10th on the last day of this season if results had gone the right way. By no means would that have made it a successful season.

I'm sure "top 8" was the previous benchmark as well, but could be wrong :laugh:

As for this season's table it was madness, so many clubs were in the Relegation 'Dog Fight' until the 2nd/3rd last week of the season. It was packed accept for the 2 top teams and the small chasing pack underneath. Premier League is average and the teams are similar (probably a discussion for another thread).

I'm just trying to understand the vitriol towards everything at the moment, as it really is everything.

No Statement - Rage.

Statement - Rage.

Could it be that they've (somewhat) sensibly reassessed targets for next season based on this one, and suggested that next season Top 10 is the least they'll accept going forward (and then they'll change when things improve)?

Where do you guys honestly see us as a club?

I doubt anyone would reply to this post, Chris.

Coloccini, Cabaye, Ben Arfa all gone now. They don't want to play for that man and they don't want another relegation battle. Most of our squad will be putting the feelers out now, at least the ones worth having.

Massive squad overhaul on the horizon. Selling some of the most talented players ever to play for Newcastle = stability.

Th sad thing is, I wouldn't blame any of them for going. I wouldn't want to work for an incompetent fuckwit either.

Expectation was top 8 this season and we fell way short. After further investments in players we are now expected to be pleased with top 10?

Jesus Christ.

Last time I checked, and by no means do I have a street wise education, but Top 10 did include positions such as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and a few others I forget about.

What's wrong with this?

I understand DL says "at the least", is probably trying to dampen expectations and may secretly have higher ambitions himself, but it's just the thought of it being a case for celebration.

It's also the fact we could have still finished 10th on the last day of this season if results had gone the right way. By no means would that have made it a successful season.

As for this season's table it was madness, so many clubs were in the Relegation 'Dog Fight' until the 2nd/3rd last week of the season. It was packed accept for the 2 top teams and the small chasing pack underneath. Premier League is average and the teams are similar (probably a discussion for another thread).

I'm just trying to understand the vitriol towards everything at the moment, as it really is everything.

No Statement - Rage.

Statement - Rage.

Could it be that they've (somewhat) sensibly reassessed targets for next season based on this one, and suggested that next season Top 10 is the least they'll accept going forward (and then they'll change when things improve)?

Don't really appreciate being lumped in with the hystericals like, I was just saying that the impression of a top-ten finish being a cause for success was a disappointing one to be giving out.

I don't expect him to come out with Keegan-esque statements of going for Man Utd's title and I appreciate he has to finely balance the message he gives to supporters with the warning he gives to the manager (including the term "at least" shows that there's some pressure on Pardew).

I totally agree that the PL is incredibly average, save for the teams that finished top 7 this season and I'd personally expect us to be filling that 8th slot at the very least.

Along with this I'll be hoping that one or two of that group underperform like they did when we finished 5th and we'll sneak a bit higher up again, while maybe doing something in one of the cups for once. A trip to Wembley would be nice, even if just for a semi-final.

Too much to ask?

Guest neesy111

Go look up 'at least'.  Then find someone who can type and get them to look up 'at least'.

Top 10 doesn't mean 10th, it's the same thing as at least 10th.  Clown.

Guest Slippery Sam

Top ten, such a thrilling proposition :lol:

That's the thing, that's what they think is acceptable for us. The fans however have a different opinion. Someone's wrong.

Top ten is what is acceptable for Ashley.  I've been saying this for years.  He is happy with a mid-table finish every season because it = ££££ without much risk.

Guest neesy111

Top ten, such a thrilling proposition :lol:

That's the thing, that's what they think is acceptable for us. The fans however have a different opinion. Someone's wrong.

Top ten is what is acceptable for Ashley.  I've been saying this for years.  He is happy with a mid-table finish every season because it = ££££ without much risk.

Exactly, don't need to invest heavily in a big squad etc.

Well done, you understand the basic premise of what we're saying.  Now look up 'at least'.

Very talented footballers and one player who averages double figures in a season. The squad is f***ing crap.

If this squad is crap i hate to know what you think of all our other squads post Sir Bobby.....

The squad is far from crap its just poorly coached and poorly managed.

:thup:

I weep to think how good this team would be under half-decent management.

It would be mid-table with more goals conceded than scored. Weep weep.

Don't really appreciate being lumped in with the hystericals like, I was just saying that the impression of a top-ten finish being a cause for success was a disappointing one to be giving out.

I don't expect him to come out with Keegan-esque statements of going for Man Utd's title and I appreciate he has to finely balance the message he gives to supporters with the warning he gives to the manager (including the term "at least" shows that there's some pressure on Pardew).

I totally agree that the PL is incredibly average, save for the teams that finished top 7 this season and I'd personally expect us to be filling that 8th slot at the very least.

Along with this I'll be hoping that one or two of that group underperform like they did when we finished 5th and we'll sneak a bit higher up again, while maybe doing something in one of the cups for once. A trip to Wembley would be nice, even if just for a semi-final.

Too much to ask?

Would you be satisfied if we got 3 more wins this season, everything else the same? That's the difference between 16th to 8th.

What's the minimum you would be happy with in terms of league position next season?

After this season, I'd be happy with 10th and a good cup run tbh, but I'd want to be fucking entertained and feel confident that we were going in the right direction.

Won't happen with this twat in charge.

Guest neesy111

Well done, you understand the basic premise of what we're saying.  Now look up 'at least'.

Yes, so it still means they'll be happy with anything from 10th upwards since it's the target.

What's the minimum you would be happy with in terms of league position next season?

After this season, I'd be happy with 10th and a good cup run tbh, but I'd want to be fucking entertained and feel confident that we were going in the right direction.

Won't happen with this twat in charge.

So you'd be happy with the minimum the board have set forth as a target in terms of league position.  We can't know about the football until the season starts and for what it's worth I don't believe we'll be playing decent stuff.  It'll likely be hoofball again but that won't have anything to do with the board.

Guest neesy111

Pardew really needs to come out and say what he honestly believes went wrong last season.  I fucking doubt it though.

Too much to ask?

Would you be satisfied if we got 3 more wins this season, everything else the same? That's the difference between 16th to 8th.

If we win the Sunderland game, the Liverpool game and the Reading game then yes, I'd probably be happy enough.

Yes, so it still means they'll be happy with anything from 10th upwards since it's the target.

No, it means 10th is the minimum they will accept.  Hence 'at least'.  here:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/at+least

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What's wrong with this?

No Statement - Rage.

Statement - Rage.

Too much to ask?

Wasn't aimed at you personally, Rich. You're smart lad with fabulous hair (however I fear that the mob has lowered your morality and resolve!). Just an open question formulated from your reply.