Alan Pardew

Mike

The media seem to think we are safe. I hope they are right. Even a point against West Ham would be massive.

Looking at the table today (which the media will be doing), we pretty much are. Wigan's game in hand is massive though - they win that and we're in deep trouble.

Who are the  'inexperienced players' that he talking about any way?  Haidara?  There due to an injury to his first choice?  Elliot?  There due to an injury to his first choice?  Bringing back 'experienced' players?  Who the cunting fuck are they?  Shola?  Harper?  Simpson?  No doubt he sees taking Jonas and Perch off as massive mistakes on his part yesterday and both will be starting next week.

Anyone else seen this yet? http://www.activism.com/en_GB/petition/an-open-letter-to-mike-ashley/43665

Mr. Ashley,

We, the fans of Newcastle United, are writing to implore you to intervene to stop the freefall currently afflicting Newcastle United.

We believe that Alan Pardew's management has run its course, and that his tactical depth has been exposed as insufficicent.

We have suffered our greatest home defeat in 88 years to Liverpool, and our biggest home derby defeat since the 1970s.

Furthermore, it is clear that Alan Pardew has lost the dressing room, and the players look hurt, lost and confused. 

We have assembled an excellent squad of international players who have the potential and ability to excite the crowd, and get the fans to their feet.

But their talents and abilities are being wasted under this manager, whose exhaustive list of excuses has now run dry, and shockingly, the players look as if they've never met.  They have had their flair and confiedence coached out of them.

We are concerned that failure to remove Alan Pardew now that he has lost the dressing room will result in these magnificent players leaving the club for rivals in the Premier League with a manager who can get the best out of their talents.  None of us want to see the good work done erased even further.

We cannot see where the next point is going to come from, if we continue to perform this badly - and let's face it, we've not played more than about 100 minutes of really good football all season, in all competitions.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction, or a recent blip, our form and tactics have been nothing short of appalling all season.

We must replace Alan Pardew with the right manager, and that may take until the summer to find, but Mr. Pardew is taking the most talented squad ever to be threatened with relegation straight towards the Championship.  And now that he has lost the players, he cannot go on.

We implore you to swallow your pride after the 8 year contract awarded this season, and do the right thing for the club.

Alan Pardew must go, before our players start to throw in transfer requests as a result of a manager in whom they have no faith.  And who could blame them?

We, the undersigned, the fans of Newcastle United.

The media seem to think we are safe. I hope they are right. Even a point against West Ham would be massive.

Given the last game of the season between Wigan and Villa, a point might just keep us up which is ridiculous given how utterly shite we are. West Brom seem to have hit form at just the right time and Wigan go to them next.

Guest bimpy474

The goals we conceded yesterday were a clear indicator that this team is done with the manager. Christ we all watch football, we have all seen this happen to other teams. I'm 42 and i've seen this happen over and over again. It's so clear the manager has lost the team, maybe not on a personal level, but on a professional football level it's done.

Guest bimpy474

I wouldn't be surpirised if some players were mystified at that team selection and it may have been the straw at broke the camel's back for Pardew. Imagine you're them, that line up was tantamount to surrender.

Yep, it was a team selection that was scared of an average team missing their best player. Just gutless.

The goals we conceded yesterday were a clear indicator that this team is done with the manager. Christ we all watch football, we have all seen this happen to other teams. I'm 42 and i've seen this happen over and over again. It's so clear the manager has lost the team, maybe not on a personal level, but on a professional football level it's done.

agreed. the most alarming thing for me is that I honestly don't think he'll be sacked. Even if we get relegated.

Guest bimpy474

agreed. the most alarming thing for me is that I honestly don't think he'll be sacked. Even if we get relegated.

I was thinking that this morning, i can see the board giving him the chance to get us back up (if we go of course).

God, it's not something i want to imagine :(

When the Sunday Sun asked him directly if he was embarrassed, Pardew said: “I don’t want to say that word, but I’m deeply disappointed in the displays we had out there in terms of Liverpool looking so much better than us, and it shouldn’t be like that.”

Full article @ https://www.facebook.com/THESPENCEUK/posts/10151560809681462?comment_id=25852206&offset=0&total_comments=1&notif_t=share_comment

His career so far has been made of a promising start at his clubs, followed by a spectacular collapse thereafter. Much like most matches we get - decent first half then the inevitable despair that follows in the 2nd. And yet some people still want him in extra time. Incredible.

It's a spiralling nightmare. I don't have some seething hatred for Pardew, he's just monumentally crap at his job and he shouldn't be managing Newcastle. His weaknesses have been fully exposed and he's taking a squad full of promise into the championship.

I'm utterly convinced we will go down after what i'v seen. Not one iota of fight coming from anyone at the club, whereas every other club around us is scrapping like mad.

As much as I hated the fact Hughton was replaced by this joker at the time I was willing to give him a chance as every dog has its day, and to be fair Hughton probably would never have got us to fifth but I also know he'd never have us sat 5 points above relegation and in free fall.

The players don't respect Pardew any more, fuck knows what goes on at the training ground but we can't even do the basics anymore! It's clear the players are as sick of the 'tactics' as we are and with how stubborn, self centred and arrogant Pardew is, nothing will change. Ergo he's got no chance of winning the players back, especially after attacking them post match. If I was Colo/Cabaye I'd have been in MA's office last night demanding something change, time to throw Pardew under the bus.

Heard the Benitez rumour before the game from a mate and his source usually gets things right. It was just an approach mind and i'm not sure if any sane manager would touch us with a bargepole. Probably moved on to our next target already.

Why would they not come to us? Financially sound, a good squad of core players most teams outside the top 6 would be envious of and some in the top 6 would take off us. The right manager could do good things with our setup. Don't underestimate the pull our club has. The opportunity to be a living legend by bringing some much deserved silverware to the perennial underachievers, it's got to mean something still.

Heard the Benitez rumour before the game from a mate and his source usually gets things right. It was just an approach mind and i'm not sure if any sane manager would touch us with a bargepole. Probably moved on to our next target already.

Not so sure about that.  We're a big club with 50,000+ through the doors each home game.  We're profitable (should be to the tune of about £25m a year with the new TV money) and well run financially.  We've got great facilities (and a borehole!!!) and a team full of internationals and up and coming young players.  Fair enough, the continental recruitment setup might put off some of the usual suspects but we dont want them anyway.

I think plenty of managers would jump at the chance to take this job.

Managers tend to find their level after a few years. Look at someone like Aidy Boothroyd - promoted, touted round as the next big thing, eventually finds himself managing Northampton Town.

Pardew was a classic example. Was average in the Championship, went up through the play offs, had a decent season (like many before him first time up) before plummeting - West Ham sacked him before they went down, then Charlton to try and bring them back up - at which point they realised he wasn't really up to the second tier either and eventually he winds up at Saints. Third tier, beginning to go down to where his natural talent lies.

Has any Premier League club ever appointed a manager in these circumstances before? Bringing one in who had been in the top flight before tumbling down the divisions? Absolutely extraordinary and still boggles my mind to this day. I've never understood why anyone ever gave him the benefit of the doubt because long term, he'd already proved he was incapable of doing even a job in the Championship. A situation like this was always on the cards.

Managers tend to find their level after a few years. Look at someone like Aidy Boothroyd - promoted, touted round as the next big thing, eventually finds himself managing Northampton Town.

Pardew was a classic example. Was average in the Championship, went up through the play offs, had a decent season (like many before him first time up) before plummeting - West Ham sacked him before they went down, then Charlton to try and bring them back up - at which point they realised he wasn't really up to the second tier either and eventually he winds up at Saints. Third tier, beginning to go down to where his natural talent lies.

Has any Premier League club ever appointed a manager in these circumstances before? Bringing one in who had been in the top flight before tumbling down the divisions? Absolutely extraordinary and still boggles my mind to this day. I've never understood why anyone ever gave him the benefit of the doubt because long term, he'd already proved he was incapable of doing even a job in the Championship. A situation like this was always on the cards.

More 'Down and going' than 'Up and coming'. Baffling at the time.