Alan Pardew

Mike

Pardew getting the sack and Kinnear taking over and possibly getting ill again has no bearing whatsoever on Ashley leaving unfortunately... :(

Just a forlorn hope that if he runs out of people that he trusts he'll f*** off quicker.

He'll only f*** off if somebody wants to buy the club off him, presumably at a tidy profit. In that scenario, in all likelihood, Kinnear will go back to the DoF role and appoint the new manager. God help us if that ever happens.

If we're sold?  why would Kinnear still be here if we were sold? he'd be gone instantly imo

Sorry, didn't phrase that very clearly (amended). By that scenario, I meant Pardew getting sacked, Kinnear taking over and getting ill again..

Pardew getting the sack and Kinnear taking over and possibly getting ill again has no bearing whatsoever on Ashley leaving unfortunately... :(

Just a forlorn hope that if he runs out of people that he trusts he'll f*** off quicker.

He'll only f*** off if somebody wants to buy the club off him, presumably at a tidy profit. In that scenario, in all likelihood, Kinnear will go back to the DoF role and appoint the new manager. God help us if that ever happens.

You're probably right, I hope that he's continuing to take money out of the club to repay his loan. The more he does that, the less the price will be. My hope is that Pardew goes, Kinnear gets the job, sacks it off again because he's ill and then Mike sells for slightly less than he was planning just to get rid.

I don't see how him recouping (some) of the loan affects the selling price significantly. That's like saying me paying off part of the mortgage on my house means I should lower my asking price if I decide to sell. The house/club is worth what it is worth, regardless of how it is financed, no? More specifically, it is worth minimum what the seller (Ashley) is willing to sell it for, and if the club is making profits by penny pinching it's way through Premiership existence, that asking price will be even higher than when it's making yearly losses the owner needs to subsidise.

Touching on the 2 up top comment, we played 4-3-2 second half on Tuesday and looked good.

I would love to see us play 4-3-1-2, with Sissoko-Anita-Cabaye in midfield and Ben Arfa behind the strikers.

Tempted to say that Cabaye is the problem with that. Not got the legs to play as one of the 'shuttlers' and doesn't have the discipline to play in front of the back 4.

You're probably right, I hope that he's continuing to take money out of the club to repay his loan. The more he does that, the less the price will be. My hope is that Pardew goes, Kinnear gets the job, sacks it off again because he's ill and then Mike sells for slightly less than he was planning just to get rid.

I don't see how him recouping (some) of the loan affects the selling price significantly. That's like saying me paying off part of the mortgage on my house means I should lower my asking price if I decide to sell. The house/club is worth what it is worth, regardless of how it is financed, no? More specifically, it is worth minimum what the seller (Ashley) is willing to sell it for, and if the club is making profits by penny pinching it's way through Premiership existence, that asking price will be even higher than when it's making yearly losses the owner needs to subsidise.

It's been widely reported that the asking price for the club is the amount he paid plus whatever he's put in so far. If he recoups what he's put in that's a substantial reduction to the asking price, is it not? This is assuming he does actually want to sell and has long given up making a profit on selling the club.

It's been widely reported that the asking price for the club is the amount he paid plus whatever he's put in so far. If he recoups what he's put in that's a substantial reduction to the asking price, is it not? This is assuming he does actually want to sell and has long given up making a profit on selling the club.

Why would he pass any profit the club would have made before he sold, allowing for the paying off of the loan, to the new owners? Makes no sense at all.

Why would he pass any profit the club would have made before he sold, allowing for the paying off of the loan, to the new owners? Makes no sense at all.

Eh?

Oh I see what you mean. Because he wants to sell the club and sack the whole thing off? That's why I'm behind everyone cancelling their tickets, not going to the games and stopping all money going into the club. Make the cunt really want to get out.

Touching on the 2 up top comment, we played 4-3-2 second half on Tuesday and looked good.

I would love to see us play 4-3-1-2, with Sissoko-Anita-Cabaye in midfield and Ben Arfa behind the strikers.

Tempted to say that Cabaye is the problem with that. Not got the legs to play as one of the 'shuttlers' and doesn't have the discipline to play in front of the back 4.

Our team is begging to play without real wingers, we either buy some or try and control the central mid and develop our game that way.

Eh?

Ok, hypothetical scenario using non-accurate figures:

2013: initial purchase value: 120M + Ashley loan 100M = asking price according to your logic 220M

2014: 30M profit, used to repay Ashley loan. Now 70M = asking price according to your logic 190M

2015: 30M profit, used to repay Ashley loan. Now 40M = asking price according to your logic 160M

2016: 40M profit, used to repay Ashley loan. Now 0M = asking price according to your logic 120M

Can you see Ashley selling a club that is making him 40M profit a year for 120M, effectively handing over the profit from the last 3 years (100M) to the buyer? Remember, he did invest 220M initially, and is only getting 120M back from selling.

If anything, a profit making club would be MORE valuable to him, not less, and that's before getting into no longer having to provide a 100M loan interest free.

I see what you're saying. Without getting into figures my point was based on him wanting to get rid of the club at all costs other than losing money on his original purchase + loans. It's a scenario that's been widely reported, as I say. Whether that will change as the club starts to turn a profit we don't know. Which is why I think we as fans need to make it as uncomfortable as possible for him to stay, increase the likelihood of him leaving even if the club is making him money.

Do we need Cabaye to be a Gattuso like shuttler though? those 3 in midfield are setup different than the usual 4-3-1-2 is and thus need different things.

I think he does have the legs to do it btw, the main problem with Cabaye isn't his lack of work rate which is great its how deep how is.

I wouldn't mind him in that role if he's doing it higher up the pitch, Anita is perfectly suited to the player at the base of the diamond and Sissoko in theory at least should suit the role you mentioned to a tee.

Also the Tiote and Cabaye partnership simply doesn't work as they seemingly have no understanding in possession.... defensively they understand each other but in possession its a disaster.

Something needs to change for sure.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I just rather Pardew put in a decent performance.

I see what you're saying. Without getting into figures my point was based on him wanting to get rid of the club at all costs other than losing money on his original purchase + loans. It's a scenario that's been widely reported, as I say. Whether that will change as the club starts to turn a profit we don't know. Which is why I think we as fans need to make it as uncomfortable as possible for him to stay, increase the likelihood of him leaving even if the club is making him money.

I'm as anti-Ashley as they come, but even I'm not sure that is the right approach. He's proven before he's an incredibly spiteful character. We've vented our frustration with his policies before, and it hasn't changed things for the better, quite the contrary in fact. The only way we ever get rid of him is by being as attractive as possible to potential buyers, which means unfortunately continuing in this sort of "marriage of convenience" we have been in for the past few years. I'm afraid anything else is just going to be counter productive, as he seems the type of cunt who would quite happily demolish everything that is good about us to get back at us for walking out of line (sell our best players without replacing them, rename the stadium back to SDA, that sort of thing). As bad as it is, things could get a lot worse if Ashley goes from being indifferent to downright destructive...

Guest bimpy474

I would have thought everyone knew by now that Ashley has skin thicker than a nuclear bunker. The usual course of action simply wont work, not sure anything will tbh. He'll go when he wants or should that be, when someone offers him the money he wants.

I'm as anti-Ashley as they come, but even I'm not sure that is the right approach. He's proven before he's an incredibly spiteful character. We've vented our frustration with his policies before, and it hasn't changed things for the better, quite the contrary in fact. The only way we ever get rid of him is by being as attractive as possible to potential buyers, which means unfortunately continuing in this sort of "marriage of convenience" we have been in for the past few years. I'm afraid anything else is just going to be counter productive, as he seems the type of cunt who would quite happily demolish everything that is good about us to get back at us for walking out of line (sell our best players without replacing them, rename the stadium back to SDA, that sort of thing). As bad as it is, things could get a lot worse if Ashley goes from being indifferent to downright destructive...

O0 i said just as much a few weeks ago and got mocked with the "Ashley will sell our best players out of spite" ,he could easily do this its his play thing and he can do as he pleases to fuck us off if he wanted to .

I just rather Pardew put in a decent performance.

Aye I'd take that.

As for the others, just staying away from the games and not putting money isn't going to 'provoke' anything imo, apart from a feeling that the club will bring in substantially less money while he's here.

As much as I hate JFK I dont mind if he sack this clown sometime in the future.

That would mean JFK as manager, I'd rather have Pardew I think.

If it's as inevitable as some would have you believe, I'd rather it happened tomorrow, get it out of the way.

There is some merit to that argument, as long as the damage caused wasn't catastrophic. Which it might be.

I just want the whole thing to play itself out as soon as possible, including Ashley leaving. I understand the grass isn't always greener but we're well past that point now imo. I want to see us win something before I die.

Well Ashley's going nowhere but I'm with you on Pardew leaving asap. I don't really get this big concern that if he goes Kinnear will get the job. He might I suppose, but it would just be one bell end replacing another. If you asked me which one has the better football savvy I would have to have a good long think about it.

If it's as inevitable as some would have you believe, I'd rather it happened tomorrow, get it out of the way.

There is some merit to that argument, as long as the damage caused wasn't catastrophic. Which it might be.

I just want the whole thing to play itself out as soon as possible, including Ashley leaving. I understand the grass isn't always greener but we're well past that point now imo. I want to see us win something before I die.

Well Ashley's going nowhere but I'm with you on Pardew leaving asap. I don't really get this big concern that if he goes Kinnear will get the job. He might I suppose, but it would just be one bell end replacing another. If you asked me which one has the better football savvy I would have to have a good long think about it.

I presume after that good long think sanity would prevail and you would conceed that whilst last season was depressing, Pardew has been much more successful than Kinnear, not only at this club but elsewhere too. Besides from that, can you imagine what it would be like to have Kinnear doing regular press conferences, the way he's made an utter laughing stock of himself and us in the two radio interviews he has given since being appointed DoF. I want rid of Pardew too, but not at all cost. With Pardew we at least have a chance of a somewhat respectable season, with Kinnear there is no hope whatsoever imho.

I would have thought everyone knew by now that Ashley has skin thicker than a nuclear bunker. The usual course of action simply wont work, not sure anything will tbh. He'll go when he wants or should that be, when someone offers him the money he wants.

But surprisingly if the fans call him nasty names at the match, he gets all upset and sensitive about it.

The quicker we get rid of Pardew the quicker we get JFK, if that's the case, and then the quicker we get rid of him. The quicker the process starts the better.

Depends if the next manager will be better than the one we're getting rid of, which is by no means guaranteed. I mean: Pardew > Kinnear > Hartford > whoever Kinnear's next best mate is...

Kinnear coming in as a DoF, openly admitting not long ago he would only consider such a position to get back into management, and his attempt to get Hartford in as his assistant whilst he should be concentrating on sealing deals for incoming players was a complete game changer and tells you everything you need to know about what's in store after Pardew's gone. As Haris Vuckic says, the best scenario for everyone involved is for Pardew to grow some balls, start playing a more attacking brand of football and results improving as a result.

I presume after that good long think sanity would prevail and you would conceed that whilst last season was depressing, Pardew has been much more successful than Kinnear, not only at this club but elsewhere too. Besides from that, can you imagine what it would be like to have Kinnear doing regular press conferences, the way he's made an utter laughing stock of himself and us in the two radio interviews he has given since being appointed DoF. I want rid of Pardew too, but not at all cost. With Pardew we at least have a chance of a somewhat respectable season, with Kinnear there is no hope whatsoever imho.

There might be a small chance that JFK wouldn't be given the chance, so I'd be willing to risk it on that basis.

Guest bimpy474

But surprisingly if the fans call him nasty names at the match, he gets all upset and sensitive about it.

Sensitive soul really ?

Guest bimpy474

The quicker we get rid of Pardew the quicker we get JFK, if that's the case, and then the quicker we get rid of him. The quicker the process starts the better.

Quicker we get rid of Pardew, the quicker JFK next heart attack happens. The manager after that is the one.