Alan Pardew

Mike

We tend to do best when we play the better teams first, historically, even last year we started with a win against Spuds, we usually get Arsenal or one of the Manchester teams and nearly always come out with at least a draw, of course after that it comes unstitched and we go on a marathon losing streak!

I have to say, and sorry if this is too negative, but I'm just looking forward to enjoying the first weekend of the season without having to be angry about our team selection, formation or performance.

I will actually be able to enjoy the first Match of the Day and all, which I couldn't watch most of last season due to being pissed off.

Come Monday, and well, let's see what happens then. I'm definitely going to be bricking it.We could potentially see Elliott, Shola and Jonas start as things stand.

Jonas is inj. Think it will be much tighter than people think. It's much better to play the good teams early doors.

If you're a good side, that's probably true - like when Spurs got spanked off Man City and Man Utd in successive fixtures but then went on to build a great season anyway, but if your team is built on foundations of sand (as ours is), if you hit a slump early, you tend to stay in it for the season - as we did last year. Much prefer some confidence-boosters/early points on the board/momentum.

Trying to drum up a bit of positivity bro. ;)

Anyway there's loads of things that might help us ie No Aguero, no Tevez, Silva in Ecuador, Nastisic inj etc...I'd rather play them now before they go on a big run of wins and while they're still finding their feet. Grasping at straws? Of course.

Is Aguero injured?

Why is Silva in Ecuador? Are Spain playing over there like?

I think it's better to play them now as well like, gets it out the road and also agree with others who say they have a new manager and players and may not have adapted fully yet.

I'm excited for the start of the season and have no expectations whatsoever, unlike last year when i was confident we'd kick on after finishing 5th.

Feels more like the pessimistic year before when we began with a 0-0 against Arsenal and went on to finish 5th after having been concerned about how we'd do.

Yes and Yes.

I have to say, and sorry if this is too negative, but I'm just looking forward to enjoying the first weekend of the season without having to be angry about our team selection, formation or performance.

I will actually be able to enjoy the first Match of the Day and all, which I couldn't watch most of last season due to being p*ssed off.

Come Monday, and well, let's see what happens then. I'm definitely going to be bricking it.We could potentially see Elliott, Shola and Jonas start as things stand.

Jonas is inj. Think it will be much tighter than people think. It's much better to play the good teams early doors.

If you're a good side, that's probably true - like when Spurs got spanked off Man City and Man Utd in successive fixtures but then went on to build a great season anyway, but if your team is built on foundations of sand (as ours is), if you hit a slump early, you tend to stay in it for the season - as we did last year. Much prefer some confidence-boosters/early points on the board/momentum.

Trying to drum up a bit of positivity bro. ;)

Anyway there's loads of things that might help us ie No Aguero, no Tevez, Silva in Ecuador, Nastisic inj etc...I'd rather play them now before they go on a big run of wins and while they're still finding their feet. Grasping at straws? Of course.

Is Aguero injured?

Why is Silva in Ecuador? Are Spain playing over there like?

I think it's better to play them now as well like, gets it out the road and also agree with others who say they have a new manager and players and may not have adapted fully yet.

I'm excited for the start of the season and have no expectations whatsoever, unlike last year when i was confident we'd kick on after finishing 5th.

Feels more like the pessimistic year before when we began with a 0-0 against Arsenal and went on to finish 5th after having been concerned about how we'd do.

Yes and Yes.

Augero is back in full training today.

Guest bimpy474

There was a dark cloud hanging over this club when Souness was in charge and it's same feeling with this guy for me.

Totally agree, difference is Souness resigned, this knacker would hang on to the bitter end. :(

Guest bimpy474

But he's still got your support, eh, bimpy?

The teams does. If the football is better i might shift my opinion. Time will tell, but i can't really see him suddenly having the ability to have his team play front foot fast football as he puts it, you never know though.