Alan Pardew

Mike

I lost all support for him a long time ago. Since then we've passed many, many "we'll give him till this time" milestones. The most recent being 'pre-season doesn't matter, we'll see how it's changed in the first game". Now it's "the first winnable game" since he bent over for Pellegrini. Another year of facebumming ahead, hold tight, spread the cheeks, it'll stop being painful soon, might even enjoy it.

I don't think it defending him he is right, he ca't say anything else really so be best if he said nothing until it was positive news.

He can though. He can say "we are in need of players". He's f***ed if he doesn't get any players in to cover his inadequacy. He can play it a lot of different ways, perhaps be more bullish and less scared to upset Ashley. He's hardly going to sack him for it, he's survived last season.

Something like this, you mean?

"A big player coming in boosts the group as well as the fans," Pardew said.

"I'm not going to say something that I don't think is true and say, 'oh, it's not affecting them'.

"I think they'd like to see another striker come in the door.

"That's something that hopefully will be done before the window shuts.''

If hardly class the word "hopefully" as congruent with a bullish stance on transfers. It's the same as the summer in terms of tone and content of his quotes. He needs players, simple as that. If he's content to "go with what we've got" he's going to experience great difficulty this season.

Why is he saying he, and the players, want new players if he's happy to go with what he's got? The quote, that you posted, was:

“If it doesn’t happen (new signings), like everything in life we are going to have to get on with it, with what we have got".

Does that really read as if he's happy to go with what he's got?

On face value no, but it's not like we haven't been here before. These sort or quotes were prevalent last summer and preceded our lack of spending on transfers. He doesn't need to say anything, he should be banging the drum for new signings, stressing that it's  absolutely imperative. The press is really his only outlet to do this.

It just smacks of him preparing for the backlash to me.

So he should do it in the press, causing more disruption and unrest, rather than face to face with the owner? Which, I imagine, he was doing earlier in the week.

Vivid imagination.

People are worried

No shit. You not think we all are slightly worried? You can be slightly worried without throwing negative comments every time Pardew speaks, looking at every line word by word, for one sentence he might have slipped up on. Soon as that is found, the rest of his interview is irrelevant even if he’s right because he is wrong about that one sentence so he gets crucified. Every time without fail.

:thup:

Can you have a triple tag team? Is that allowed?

If Pardew can't contain the words from spilling out of his mouth, I'd like him to talk about what we've been working on in training and what improvements we can expect to see going forward, after he's had a summer to gather his thoughts. Although he thought we competed well on Monday, so maybe there's a reason he rarely talks about the football itself and is more comfortable talking around it.

Maybe yes, but remember that everything is in response to a question, and journalists print whatever they think the story is. In summer it's transfers.

Many managers say "nah, I'm here to talk about football/the match etc". Managers can absolutely set the interview agenda. Otherwise there is no interview.

People are worried

No shit. You not think we all are slightly worried? You can be slightly worried without throwing negative comments every time Pardew speaks, looking at every line word by word, for one sentence he might have slipped up on. Soon as that is found, the rest of his interview is irrelevant even if he’s right because he is wrong about that one sentence so he gets crucified. Every time without fail.

Yeah man, quite a common thing.

He has absolutely no control over transfers and it appears he has very little influence tbh. There's not much he can say there, he's being put in the spotlight to answer for other peoples mistakes/ineptitude.

That being said, when he says we're still a very good team, i beg to differ because we haven't looked like a team in a long while.

It's that i expect him to say we're not a good team, it's just that i don't agree with him. We're not a good team. Teamwork is apparent by it's absence.

It's that i expect him to say we're not a good team, it's just that i don't agree with him. We're not a good team. Teamwork is apparent by it's absence.

Course, nobody is saying that what he's arguing is factually correct. It's just what he has to say.

Can people not just look forward to West Ham and get behind them for a result, it's 2 days away yet we are still looking back at Monday ripping our side to shreds, negative 4 GD, bottom of the league, forget it, its over and done with, move on to the next game to see how we bounce back against more appropriate opposition levels.

:lol: Fucking hell man.

Guest neesy111

Pardew is too conversational/open with the press, that's true.

I'm not convinced he's actually twigged that he's crap yet. When/if he does i think he'll stop talking.

Of course he has, if not he would had quit by now.  Any self respecting manager would had quit us by now, over the farce of this summer wit Kinnear coming in and then the lack of transfers.

People are worried

No s***. You not think we all are slightly worried? You can be slightly worried without throwing negative comments every time Pardew speaks, looking at every line word by word, for one sentence he might have slipped up on. Soon as that is found, the rest of his interview is irrelevant even if he’s right because he is wrong about that one sentence so he gets crucified. Every time without fail.

Yeah man, quite a common thing.

May even become known as a Stable, coincidentally that is a pimping term for a group of bitches.

Course, nobody is saying that what he's arguing is factually correct. It's just what he has to say.

Tbh, i had to put that in there or you or inochi would have straight in there asking me what else he was going to say with loads of question marks and maybe a facepalm or two. You've put me on the defensive :lol:

Tbh, i had to put that in there or you or inochi would have straight in there asking me what else he was going to say with loads of question marks and maybe a facepalm or two. You've put me on the defensive :lol:

Can both sides be on the defensive? :lol:

I'm not convinced he's actually twigged that he's crap yet. When/if he does i think he'll stop talking.

Of course he has, if not he would had quit by now.  Any self respecting manager would had quit us by now, over the farce of this summer wit Kinnear coming in and then the lack of transfers.

I don't get the feeling you understood what i meant...

Guest neesy111

I don't get the feeling you understood what i meant...

Ahh, apologies.

I think we're both being passive aggressive :lol:

Can people not just look forward to West Ham and get behind them for a result, it's 2 days away yet we are still looking back at Monday ripping our side to shreds, negative 4 GD, bottom of the league, forget it, its over and done with, move on to the next game to see how we bounce back against more appropriate opposition levels.

:lol: f***ing hell man.

Saying judge us against West Ham Saturday evening, not Man City away? What's the fucking hell man for? I would say that's a sensible thing to do? No? just me?

:pardsgrin:

Saying judge us against West Ham Saturday evening, not Man City away? What's the fucking hell man for? I would say that's a sensible thing to do? No? just me?

And ignore the last year?

Saying judge us against West Ham Saturday evening, not Man City away? What's the f***ing hell man for? I would say that's a sensible thing to do? No? just me?

And ignore the last year?

And ignore the year before? Yeah lets go back through this all again. All i'm saying before we start jumping to conclusions this season is a write off after one game, just have a bit of patience till Saturday and see if we get the 3 points or not?

The fucking hell man is for you saying 'more appropriate opposition levels'. The bit I bolded. It speaks for itself, it's just more pathetic snivelling shite. Lie all you want about judging us on 1 game this weekend, we both know that won't be the case if we don't get a result.

If Pardew can't contain the words from spilling out of his mouth, I'd like him to talk about what we've been working on in training and what improvements we can expect to see going forward, after he's had a summer to gather his thoughts.

Although he thought we competed well on Monday, so maybe there's a reason he rarely talks about the football itself and is more comfortable talking around it.

“I thought Cheick Tiote looked more like his old self."

:lol:

Comments from pre-Maritimo in November last year:

“Cheik Tiote looked like his old self, and I thought Vurnon Anita did well too."

Needs Philosoraptor.

Guest icemanblue

I don't think it defending him he is right, he ca't say anything else really so be best if he said nothing until it was positive news.

He can though. He can say "we are in need of players". He's f***ed if he doesn't get any players in to cover his inadequacy. He can play it a lot of different ways, perhaps be more bullish and less scared to upset Ashley. He's hardly going to sack him for it, he's survived last season.

Something like this, you mean?

"A big player coming in boosts the group as well as the fans," Pardew said.

"I'm not going to say something that I don't think is true and say, 'oh, it's not affecting them'.

"I think they'd like to see another striker come in the door.

"That's something that hopefully will be done before the window shuts.''

If hardly class the word "hopefully" as congruent with a bullish stance on transfers. It's the same as the summer in terms of tone and content of his quotes. He needs players, simple as that. If he's content to "go with what we've got" he's going to experience great difficulty this season.

Why is he saying he, and the players, want new players if he's happy to go with what he's got? The quote, that you posted, was:

“If it doesn’t happen (new signings), like everything in life we are going to have to get on with it, with what we have got".

Does that really read as if he's happy to go with what he's got?

On face value no, but it's not like we haven't been here before. These sort or quotes were prevalent last summer and preceded our lack of spending on transfers. He doesn't need to say anything, he should be banging the drum for new signings, stressing that it's  absolutely imperative. The press is really his only outlet to do this.

It just smacks of him preparing for the backlash to me.

So he should do it in the press, causing more disruption and unrest, rather than face to face with the owner? Which, I imagine, he was doing earlier in the week.

Vivid imagination.

Thanks. But, really, what do you think was discussed in the meeting? Not reckon transfers might have been on the agenda?