Alan Pardew

Mike

Apostrophe in "players" breaks my heart from a professional journalist.

Genuine apologies. I'd have never got this job in the 40's, my typewriter would be surrounded by crumpled papers. I don't even feel right blaming a 12 hour day either.

We've all had long days to be fair. There's simply no excuse for what you did.

This guy know's.

'I came up against this subject many times,' added Wenger. 'You cannot want to be the best league in the world and close the borders, because then you're not. So you have to find a good mixture. I think the good mixture is to produce the players from your own academies and buy top, top, top class players.

Oh and the knock out blow, wait for it dickheads:

“The difference between Arsenal today and my generation is that we had a backbone of English players,” said Pires.

“I’ve said this for years. Arsenal’s identity during the time they still won trophies was that spine of Englishmen.

“During my time they had Tony Adams, Martin Keown, David Seaman, Lee Dixon, Ray Parlour and Nigel Winterburn – all very important players.

“Our strength was the mixture of Englishmen and talented arrivals from Europe.

“Now the club has some very good youngsters but they still lack experience.

“To my mind the only solution for Arsenal is to buy some English players.

“Arsene Wenger has talented players, but the team lacks a solid base.

“I think it would do Arsenal good to rediscover some of the identity they had in the past.”

Wenger, being the very successful manager is right. He has always said you have to have players from the academy (hence why he spent the Anelka money on it), or at least players that have been at the club a long time. That is a totally different thing to attributing attributes to a nationality and thinking buying that nationality is a solution. Organically building a team slowly with an engrained style of play, is certainly something that is beneficial. That is the reason he is turning to British players now as he said recently he thinks he has a better chance of holding onto them long-term instead of losing key players every season in their current run on the ladder.

Pires the flair player who has yet to coach or manage has less of a clue. To say they should just buy some English players and expect it to fix all their problems is moronic.

Indeed, our problem is less with nationality and more to do with a massively high turnover of players (which links into developing your own and keeping them). This team is unrecognisable from the one that got promoted. Some people think that's a good thing, I don't, particularly.

I had to drink many pints during that Villa game. They were terrifying. Lambert pushing for goals and decimating our advantage, it was beautiful. Lightyears ahead of Pardew in skill. Suppose the only positive is that sunderland looked horrendous and got impressegnon sent off.

Apostrophe in "players" breaks my heart from a professional journalist.

Genuine apologies. I'd have never got this job in the 40's, my typewriter would be surrounded by crumpled papers. I don't even feel right blaming a 12 hour day either.

We've all had long days to be fair. There's simply no excuse for what you did.

This guy know's.

Thank's.

We're just missing substance all over the park, to be fair. Nowt to do with nationality in itself.

That said, the fact that Mbiwa stars in a league winning side in France and comes over here and looks out his depth physically tells its own story.

Yes it does. Makes you wonder why we don't win the World Cup every time for a start since our players should physically dominate every other side, especially those Spanish midgets who are currently holders of the title.

Oh yeah, that'll be a huge comfort if we go down. Mbiwa getting physically dominated has been partially at fault for us losing our last 2 home games by 3 and 6 goals.

Well then you should really have been questioning why he is being put in a position to be put physically dominated in the first place. How many big powerful strikers was he up against in the last two games?

Sturridge, massive bastard.

Yes, his goals both came through physical domination and over powering the weak and titchy MYM. That was your point right?

Indeed, our problem is less with nationality and more to do with a massively high turnover of players (which links into developing your own and keeping them). This team is unrecognisable from the one that got promoted. Some people think that's a good thing, I don't, particularly.

That i agree with.

That i agree with.

:thup:

Guest Nixon

You're right Rich.

Reading it back it doesn't even make sense. Ramblings of a mental c***, should have just used the "my own s***" font for added effect.

We're just missing substance all over the park, to be fair. Nowt to do with nationality in itself.

That said, the fact that Mbiwa stars in a league winning side in France and comes over here and looks out his depth physically tells its own story.

Yes it does. Makes you wonder why we don't win the World Cup every time for a start since our players should physically dominate every other side, especially those Spanish midgets who are currently holders of the title.

Oh yeah, that'll be a huge comfort if we go down. Mbiwa getting physically dominated has been partially at fault for us losing our last 2 home games by 3 and 6 goals.

Well then you should really have been questioning why he is being put in a position to be put physically dominated in the first place. How many big powerful strikers was he up against in the last two games?

Yes, his goals both came through physical domination and over powering the weak and titchy MYM. That was your point right?

Not really. We should have signed someone with experience of the physicality of the English game if we planned to rely on them for defensive stability in order to stay in the division. His nationality in itself is irrelevant.

Not really. We should have signed someone with experience of the physicality of the English game if we planned to rely on them for defensive stability in order to stay in the division. His nationality in itself is irrelevant.

Don't we have Taylor to do that? He's picked ahead of Williamson on that attribute alone I'd assume.

'I came up against this subject many times,' added Wenger. 'You cannot want to be the best league in the world and close the borders, because then you're not. So you have to find a good mixture. I think the good mixture is to produce the players from your own academies and buy top, top, top class players.

“The difference between Arsenal today and my generation is that we had a backbone of English players,” said Pires.

“I’ve said this for years. Arsenal’s identity during the time they still won trophies was that spine of Englishmen.

“During my time they had Tony Adams, Martin Keown, David Seaman, Lee Dixon, Ray Parlour and Nigel Winterburn – all very important players.

“I think it would do Arsenal good to rediscover some of the identity they had in the past.”

Wenger, being the very successful manager is right. He has always said you have to have players from the academy, or at least players that have been at the club a long time. That is a totally different thing to attributing attributes to a nationality and thinking buying that nationality is a solution. Organically building a team slowly with an engrained style of play, is certainly something that is beneficial. That is the reason he is turning to British players now as he said recently he thinks he has a better chance of holding onto them long-term instead of losing key players every season in their current run on the ladder.

Pires the flair player who has yet to coach or manage has less of a clue. To say they should just buy some English players and expect it to fix all their problems is moronic.

He has more of a clue than you or I, since he's played football at the highest level and was involved in said successful Arsenal team.

Or do you think that much of your own opinion you put it above his on this subject?

Don't be daft. You know as well as anybody that there are plenty of ex-pros who talk rubbish as much as there are that talk sense. I'm sure there are plenty of occasions where somebody in the game has said something you vehemently disagree with but you don't disregard your own opinion and fall in line with theirs just because they played the game. If you're going to go down the route of your last post then that's what you're saying you will always do from now on.

He's (Pires) talking drivvle, you can't just plug some English players into the Arsenal team and expect to turn into title challengers. They lack top quality players all over the park and they lack top level personalities too. If they shoved Gareth Barry, Gary Cahill and Ashley Young into the team it's more likely to drag them further towards the Europa League spots.

There is merit for having a bunch of local players who have grown up together, know each other and have been imbedded into a club's philosphy over a number of years. That goes without saying regardless of their nationality and that's the benefits the great clubs have because they have the set-up, financial power and the engrained philosophy (Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern etc) to do so. That's closer to what Wenger has referred to in the past and what he tried to do as soon as he went to Arsenal, unfortunately they haven't seen much of a return on the investment until Wilshere came along.

Don't we have Taylor to do that? He's picked ahead of Williamson on that attribute alone I'd assume.

If you've got a weakness it's going to be targeted. Strikers will run at Taylor all day long and look to get close to Mapou and shrug him off. You can't expect them not to switch and attack our weaknesses out of professional courtesy.

Cannot help but feel this "too many French blokes" is a load of bollocks like, not that I would argue that signing purely players with no Premiership experience is perfect, but we just need to look at other sides in the league to see that it's largely a load of cliched wank. Mourinho at Chelsea for example, the only major Premiership ready players he signed in 3 year were SWP (lol) & Ashley Cole.

Guest hatem garrincha

2003-2004 Arsenal "the invincibles" starting XI

Lehmann - Lauren, Campbell, Toure, Cole - Viera, Gilberto Silva, Ljunberg, Pires - Bergkamp, Henry.

English spine.

Wenger, being the very successful manager is right. He has always said you have to have players from the academy, or at least players that have been at the club a long time. That is a totally different thing to attributing attributes to a nationality and thinking buying that nationality is a solution. Organically building a team slowly with an engrained style of play, is certainly something that is beneficial. That is the reason he is turning to British players now as he said recently he thinks he has a better chance of holding onto them long-term instead of losing key players every season in their current run on the ladder.

He has more of a clue than you or I, since he's played football at the highest level and was involved in said successful Arsenal team.

Or do you think that much of your own opinion you put it above his on this subject?

Let this bollocks go, the arsenal invincibles season unbeaten ,  line up had a German keeper at the spine , spine in attack was a French 'surrenderer' Henry, and a Dutchman.

Spine of midfield another French surrender coward viera  and a  Brazilian .  Only f***ing Englishman was Ashley cole and Campbell .  That's only one Englishman more than our starting line up.

Their spine in central defence was made of an Ivory Coast man and sol Campbell and a German keeper.

If you've got a weakness it's going to be targeted. Strikers will run at Taylor all day long and look to get close to Mapou and shrug him off. You can't expect them not to switch and attack our weaknesses out of professional courtesy.

We've spent millions on players who can target other team's weaknesses as well. Wouldn't it be a good idea to use them to do that instead of turning them into full backs and defensive midfielders?

It's quite ironic that the French players are coming under fire for their stereotypical lack of fight, when our English cowardly cunt of a manager is the one who has tactically surrendered pretty much each and every game this season before the players have even had a chance to kick a ball.

It's quite ironic that the French players are coming under fire for their stereotypical lack of fight, when our English cowardly c*** of a manager is the one who has tactically surrendered pretty much each and every game this season before the players have even had a chance to kick a ball.

Spot on.