Alan Pardew

Mike

Today was 100% proof, if it was ever needed, that this cunt can't do the most important and basic functions of his job: to motivate the players.

The players were far more motivated against Liverpool than today. If thinking about the "Why?", there's only one logical answer - it's because the players motivated themselves against Liverpool and Pardew had nothing to do with it. Just like our players have frequently upped their game against the "big boys" over the past decade no matter who the manager was (Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, JFK, etc etc). We've had teams who have been hopeless and unable to string a couple of passes together against crap like Derby, Boro, Bolton, and other relegation fodder, but as soon as the likes of ManU roll into town the same helpless team is instantly transformed into a side that can compete against the best for 60-70 minutes at least. Again, that's entirely because the players motivate themselves for whatever reasons, and nothing to do with the manager. It's not trying to deny Pardew credit, it's just obvious footballing basics here - it's minnows vs the top dogs in the FA Cup and the various aspects of sports psychology that affects that type of game.

Hence, the fact that Pardew couldn't motivate his players against the this lot, knowing what this game means to the fans, the area, etc, proves that he has absolutely no motivational skills worthy of calling himself a Premiership football manager. None whatsoever. If they were anything like as motivated as they were against Liverpool we'd have dominated the mackems and run them into the ground. One whole week uninterrupted to prepare for this game, knowing full well Poyet would use this game as a litmus test of sorts and get his players motivated by telling them this was the start of their season, and yet this is the kind of shit we get - 11 strangers thrown onto the pitch without any clue as to what they're meant to be doing or how we're meant to actually go about getting a goal, and worst of all most of them looking stunned and totally unprepared for this battle.

Thought the players looked motivated until the goal went in during ET tbf.

Another loss though, nay excuses.

Well yeah, that's why I quoted it. I have no doubt they'll look motivated against Chelsea too.

Thought the players looked motivated until the goal went in during ET tbf.

Another loss though, nay excuses.

Well yeah, that's why I quoted it. I have no doubt they'll look motivated against Chelsea too.

Oh, didn't read that post properly. Apologies.

It would have been a reasonably difficult task to get the players up for tonight though. Much more difficult than on Sunday and lack of motivation wasn't really a factor in the defeat imo.

Not a stand-out poor performance from the manager, but I think we could have been better.

Damage is already well and done, like. He won't salvage a consistently good side out of this lot, he's rubbish and they're not interested, for all they may raise their game now and again. Tmonkey's post about sports psychology is absolutely spot on.

Not a stand-out poor performance from the manager, but I think we could have been better.

Damage is already well and done, like. He won't salvage a consistently good side out of this lot, he's rubbish and they're not interested, for all they may raise their game now and again. Tmonkey's post about sports psychology is absolutely spot on.

:thup:

Not much he could have/should have done differently today.

Ignoring the fact that he didn't get the job this morning, why didn't Remy feature? You know, that guy who scores all our goals?

The team he put out was good enough. The chances came, on another day we would have taken them.

Ignoring the fact that he didn't get the job this morning, why didn't Remy feature? You know, that guy who scores all our goals?

The team he put out was good enough. The chances came, on another day we would have taken them.

Probably more likely if it was a day when Remy was playing.

:thup:

Probably true like.

Win tonight might have bought him a few more games but the next 3-4 will now probably be his last chance saloon. Good luck.

City are coming off a defeat. I don’t know how many times they get beat twice on the trot - not often, so we will have to do something extraordinary.

It was David against Goliath. Goliath won.

Well he could have recognised that City were there for the taking tonight and stuck Remy on to provide some extra aerial fire power seeing as how their defence couldn't cope at all with the long hoof.

Probably more likely if it was a day when Remy was playing.

:lol: Exactly, ffs. He shouldn't have taken Shola off, either. Put all the onus back onto Cisse and the guy can't score for shit. Shola isn't very good and I wish we'd moved on from him years ago, but I'd back him over Cisse to actually find the net. Certainly at the moment, anyway.

City are coming off a defeat. I don’t know how many times they get beat twice on the trot - not often, so we will have to do something extraordinary.

It was David against Goliath. Goliath won.

Something extraordinary. Like scoring a goal.