Alan Pardew

Mike

Not much he could have/should have done differently today.

Ignoring the fact that he didn't get the job this morning, why didn't Remy feature? You know, that guy who scores all our goals?

The team he put out was good enough. The chances came, on another day we would have taken them.

Probably more likely if it was a day when Remy was playing.

Depends how you want to play. Majority of the chances fell to Cisse. If Remy had been in his place then we wouldn't have had the same good link up play with HBA (particularly on the break). We'd have been playing a different game.

City are coming off a defeat. I don’t know how many times they get beat twice on the trot - not often, so we will have to do something extraordinary.

It was David against Goliath. Goliath won.

Something extraordinary. Like scoring a goal.

Goals, you say?

"I really think the team is in decent shape," says Pardew. "I've set it up in much more attacking mode with three strikers and will continue to do so regardless of who they are.

"I like the feel of this team – it's got goals. I'd like to lock up the back door a bit more but I'm not going to stray from what I think is the way forward for Newcastle and that's to try to score goals."

Not much he could have/should have done differently today.

Ignoring the fact that he didn't get the job this morning, why didn't Remy feature? You know, that guy who scores all our goals?

The team he put out was good enough. The chances came, on another day we would have taken them.

Probably more likely if it was a day when Remy was playing.

Depends how you want to play. Majority of the chances fell to Cisse. If Remy had been in his place then we wouldn't have had the same good link up play with HBA (particularly on the break). We'd have been playing a different game.

A game where we've regularly been scoring two a match? There's just no excuse for our top scorer not featuring at all.

He changed his formation and tactics once again, and although we had a good go and it worked for a while, it again was another change to how the team plays. Why can't he just decide on a way for us to play and master that one instead of thinking he is a tactical genius the cunt.

It's either 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 or whatever we never look totally comfortable, and the tactics differ so much from game to game. Is it pass and retain the ball looking to find a break, or sit deep and counter, or is it get the ball and hoof it as much as possible.

We are so disjointed and no common theme to the way we play, at least if he just picked a way of playing win, lose or draw and stuck with it we might have half a chance. He baffles the fuck out of me the way he plays Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Gouffran. We are so predictable to watch and don't play with much urgency at times. At 1-0 down we were just sitting deep not bothered at all and thats a common theme under this cunt, at least in the first half we looked like we had a bit of urgency about us.

City are coming off a defeat. I don’t know how many times they get beat twice on the trot - not often, so we will have to do something extraordinary.

It was David against Goliath. Goliath won.

Something extraordinary. Like scoring a goal.

Goals, you say?

"I really think the team is in decent shape," says Pardew. "I've set it up in much more attacking mode with three strikers and will continue to do so regardless of who they are.

"I like the feel of this team – it's got goals. I'd like to lock up the back door a bit more but I'm not going to stray from what I think is the way forward for Newcastle and that's to try to score goals."

Suppose he did play 3 strikers today, but he had one of them playing as a left midfielder

We did OK. Looked interested at least.

If it was a league game though they would've swatted us aside comfortably, daft to pretend otherwise.

Harsh to criticise Pardew for not being able to beat Man City though, far better to judge him on the games he should be winning. Like the derby.

He changed his formation and tactics once again, and although we had a good go and it worked for a while, it again was another change to how the team plays. Why can't he just decide on a way for us to play and master that one instead of thinking he is a tactical genius the cunt.

It's either 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 or whatever we never look totally comfortable, and the tactics differ so much from game to game. Is it pass and retain the ball looking to find a break, or sit deep and counter, or is it get the ball and hoof it as much as possible.

We are so disjointed and no common theme to the way we play, at least if he just picked a way of playing win, lose or draw and stuck with it we might have half a chance. He baffles the fuck out of me the way he plays Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Gouffran. We are so predictable to watch and don't play with much urgency at times. At 1-0 down we were just sitting deep not bothered at all and thats a common theme under this cunt, at least in the first half we looked like we had a bit of urgency about us.

We've changed the training regime from Monday - Thursday = defending, Friday = attacking.

It now seems to be more like: Monday 4-4-2, Tuesday 4-3-3, Wednesday 4-2-3-1 on the deck, Thursday 4-3-1-2, Friday 4-2-3-1 going long ball, then on Saturday we give them all a go for 15 minutes each.

If it was a league game though they would've swatted us aside comfortably, daft to pretend otherwise.

Harsh to criticise Pardew for not being able to beat Man City though, far better to judge him on the games he should be winning. Like the derby.

It's not the one occasion though, we always seem to fail and its so predictable. How much longer can he have a team not moving forward at all and falling apart

The criticism is for his starting line-up, and for his subs. Why on earth take Dummett off who was providing natural left-sided width? Bring Remy on and take Sissoko off. Tiote maybe if he wants to wrap him in cotton wool for Saturday. Unless Remy was carrying a slight knock, there's no reason why he shouldn't have come on in the second half.

The guy didn't go for it early enough, we were creating chances but our balls in the box were poor. We needed an outlet and we were having all the space on the wing yet it was down to Debuchy to bring the crosses in. If Remy or Ben Arfa had came on sooner we could have had some crosses or even one of them cutting back in which would have created more chances.

After the first goal our players just stopped as if it was a forgone conclusion that we had lost. It is this mentality that automatically comes to our players that has made us a bunch of losers, because we don't do anything to get back into games.

The saddest thing though is that with us going to ET this ducking cunt already has his excuse in for Saturday. That's all this bastard of a manager is interested in, finding a reason for our poor results and if we get a good one then that's a bonus.

He changed his formation and tactics once again, and although we had a good go and it worked for a while, it again was another change to how the team plays. Why can't he just decide on a way for us to play and master that one instead of thinking he is a tactical genius the c***.

We are so disjointed and no common theme to the way we play, at least if he just picked a way of playing win, lose or draw and stuck with it we might have half a chance. He baffles the f*** out of me the way he plays Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Gouffran. We are so predictable to watch and don't play with much urgency at times. At 1-0 down we were just sitting deep not bothered at all and thats a common theme under this c***, at least in the first half we looked like we had a bit of urgency about us.

We've changed the training regime from Monday - Thursday = defending, Friday = attacking.

It now seems to be more like: Monday 4-4-2, Tuesday 4-3-3, Wednesday 4-2-3-1 on the deck, Thursday 4-3-1-2, Friday 4-2-3-1 going long ball, then on Saturday we give them all a go for 15 minutes each.

That must be the case :lol: because fuck me he changes it so often and he is so incapable of playing more than one formation, and it's not just formation the tactics are so different throughout games never mind in different games.

He is so shit, deluded and full of excuses

He is just hopeless :lol: So sick of trying to explain to people how shit he is. Even when we supposedly play well I find myself absolutely bored to tears.

I can't be fucked with even doing that. People just think I'm being a 'typically delusional Geordie', or whatever.

The fucking clips on Sunday Supplement, ranting about how good he is, just prove that. I've never known anything like it. It really is all about that 5th placed finish; he could finish 17th for every year of his contract and pundits would still give him an easy ride. Frustrating.

The criticism is for his starting line-up, and for his subs. Why on earth take Dummett off who was providing natural left-sided width? Bring Remy on and take Sissoko off. Tiote maybe if he wants to wrap him in cotton wool for Saturday. Unless Remy was carrying a slight knock, there's no reason why he shouldn't have come on in the second half.

I know what you mean, I just think realistically we're losing this game no matter what Pardew does. And at least we weren't embarrassed, which I expected beforehand.

I'm aware there's a pretty good chance I'm guilty of having my expectations lowered.  :(

It's absolute madness to have wanted Remy on or to have started. What if he'd scored and we went through? With our finances?

Selfish.

Might have sucked cash away from the borehole. God forbid!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastles-alan-pardew-interested-crystal-2657026?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Newcastle's Alan Pardew 'interested' in Crystal Palace manager's job

30 Oct 2013 22:31     

Hero of Eagles' FA Cup semi win over Liverpool now in the frame as Parish talks to Chris Coleman and Martin O'Neill

Time to go home? Former Palace star Pardew still has a house in the area Time to go home? Former Palace star Pardew still has a house in the area

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is a shock inclusion on the list of managerial targets for his rock-bottom former club Crystal Palace.

The Londoners were initially expecting to hire an out-of-work manager to succeed Ian Holloway - who stepped down last week - in order to speed up the process.

But now they are understood to have been alerted to Pardew’s interest by an intermediary.

Palace chairman Steve Parish has publicly stated that he would prefer to hire a manager with links to the club.

Pardew, 52, played 130 games for the club and famously scored the last-minute goal that beat Liverpool in the 1990 FA Cup semi-finals.

He still has a house in Surrey and is thought to be weighing up the pros and cons of leaving the Geordies, who were knocked out of the League Cup on Wednesday by Manchester City.

Jobless former Stoke boss Tony Pulis was Palace’s first choice to take over, but the Welshman’s hesitation in taking the job has put off key decision-makers at Selhurst Park - as have his wage demands of nearly £2million per year, including bonuses.

Parish is considering plenty of options in a bid to steer Palace away from relegation.

He was reportedly very impressed after discussions with Wales boss and former Palace defender Chris Coleman, and had a meeting with former Aston Villa and Sunderland boss Martin O’Neill on Wednesday.