Alan Pardew

Mike

I don't buy that it's the same as last year, we looked like we had a play, movement, pressing the ball and breaking in numbers. We have no one bar Cisse in front of the ball now, we're static and stand off the player, backing off constantly and we have no option but to punt it forward to Cisse who's picked off by 2 or 3 players.

We're not looking to do anything when we win the ball back and let the opposition come back onto us. Everything is fundamentally wrong, there's no plan but to not let them score, like we're hoping to play out 0-0 every week, puzzling?!?

In terms of performance. That period when we had Cisse on fire, Ba playing well and HBA on fire was the only period we played very well. That's 2 months. The rest of the time we where solid in defence and Ba/Taylor/Cabye knicked us goals.

80% of last season was 4-4-2. Tiote/Cabaye sitting deepish. Wingers. We managed a FIFTEEN clean sheets. Cisse/Ba managed 30 goals between em. Pardew's tried and failed to get us solid again whilst ignoring us going forward.

You can't tell me, overall we played excellent football last season. Organised. Spirited. Worked hard, with our quality players showing up when it mattered.

I always felt during most of last season that things could go horribly wrong at any moment, we weren't winning many games convincingly and were scraping by at times, obviously that extra confidence and momentum we got from doing this was enough to see us to that glorious 6 game patch at the end of the season where things really did seem to come together, and of course the arrival of Cisse and his wonder form.

How much did Pardew really have to do with that period though? Is it a case of him being completely found out this season and is unable to create a plan B of sorts? I know he's the problem its plain to anyone but how exactly have things went so horribly wrong? I never expected top 6 this season but fully expected to be around the 8-10th spots, surely there has to be a bigger problem behind the scenes somewhere for us to be 17th in the league and relying on Wigan to fuck up their last 4 games  :'(

How is it that I've only just noticed the banner on the website?  :lol: :lol:

It's a clever widget that Rich or someone put up there, your eyes only see it when you've 100% lost faith in Alan Pardew.  I've been able to see it for ages.

I hope Pardew goes tomorrow, the silence from his bosses or leaks regarding what they currently think about him has been deafening.

You're deluded man. :lol:

Wishful thinking admittedly, I wake up every day and hope to find out he's been given the bullet and tomorrow will be no different.

Not sure I agree, the vote of confidence isn't looked at too well either, is it?

The vote of confidence is a load of bollocks either way because things change, any struggling manager can genuinely be safe one day and not the other.

When I saw that Ryeder tweet about the players being devestated I got excited for a few seconds.

He'll be gone in 3 weeks, I'm convinced of it.

Not sure about that exact time but i'm absolutely convinced he'll be gone in the summer regardless what division we are in.

When I saw that Ryeder tweet about the players being devestated I got excited for a few seconds.

He'll be gone in 3 weeks, I'm convinced of it.

Not sure about that exact time but i'm absolutely convinced he'll be gone in the summer regardless what division we are in.

Agree with the two awesome fellas above, 100%. Love Ron's "for a few seconds" :lol:

Damn where has the blind optimism come from?

Just the sound bites and thoughts coming from the local media, it sounds like to me that Ashley is losing faith.

And the only reason he isn't gone already is because there is no one to take the job with 3 games to go.

Come on, it's hardly rocket science. Journalists are getting way too much credit for stating the bleeding obvious here :lol: "use ben arfa moar, drop jonas, don't play sissoko wide".

They're all more interested in blaming the french legion, the Europa League etc.. than actually saying what's really wrong with us. This contributor has it spot on and has said things no one else has pointed out in the media. It's not rocket science but at least someone has shed a light on it ffs.

Come on, it's hardly rocket science. Journalists are getting way too much credit for stating the bleeding obvious here :lol: "use ben arfa moar, drop jonas, don't play sissoko wide".

This. The surprising thing isn't what they're saying, it's that they're finally saying it at all.

The press have been almost as cowardly in their supposed 'journalism' as Pardew has been in his 'tactics'. Both words in inverted commas as their respective attempts have fallen so woefully short of the descriptions as to barely fit within their remit.

'Journalists'

Exactly, most of the people on Bleacher Report are just random kids writing articles :lol:

Although in this case this kid is correct, but its not that hard to see what is wrong but somehow that is beyond most paid journalists and Pardew himself.

This. The surprising thing isn't what they're saying, it's that they're finally saying it at all.

The press have been almost as cowardly in their supposed 'journalism' as Pardew has been in his 'tactics'. Both words in inverted commas as their respective attempts have fallen so woefully short of the descriptions as to barely fit within their remit.

The journalists will all turn on Pardew as soon as he goes, I can virtually guarantee that the locals will have page after page telling us all where it went wrong and they will make it looks as if they’ve always said it.  They're a bunch of cowards and have done it so many times that it’s not even funny.

How is it that I've only just noticed the banner on the website?  :lol: :lol:

It's a clever widget that Rich or someone put up there, your eyes only see it when you've 100% lost faith in Alan Pardew.  I've been able to see it for ages.

:lol:

I can see it at home but not at work - I must still be conflicted!  :frantic: