Alan Pardew

Mike

I never said anyone was disappointed we were lucky and winning. I just thing the luck argument is nonsensical. It's not even about how you rate Pardew, the argument itself is just stupid in general.

so answer me ian, let's assume tactically pardew IS withdrawing the team with the intention of seeing out a 2-0 lead, or a 1-0 as we've also seen pretty often...the opposition score 1 in the second half and miss 2 clear cut chances to score, gilt-egded chances

you're telling me there's no element of luck in that scenario and that i'm stupid for believing there is?

We've also broke on the counter and missed a couple ourselves, right?

i'm not on about the norwich match, i'm just asking a hypothetical question so someone can enlighten me as to why it's stupid to acknowledge the presence of luck in a game of football

i'm not a fan of being called stupid, you see

I think the problem is that you are focussing purely on moments of good fortune we have and completely ignoring the luck our opposition benefit from and all other teams in general.

perhaps you're right, i don't watch other teams anywhere near as much as NUFC these days so maybe it's par for the course yeah

The face on my 5 month old lights up when he does an interview.

He should do kids telly with that lovely smile.

:pardsgrin:

Well, that's the mental age that his bullshit sticks to, tbf.

http://i43.tinypic.com/iw2oe9.jpg

Bardew the (tactical) dinosaur

Brett and Happy Face stating what people are saying and it being completely different to what they're actually saying, despite everyone spelling it out for them in the most basic terms. There's a surprise. :lol:

Where?

I took the piss out of him for saying Pardew has had less misfortune than any Newcastle manager in 20 years...and then calling him a bellend in the same sentence, as if for turning our luck.

I've used plenty of hyperbole about people demanding we control games for "90 minutes" or to win games "week in and week out" but that's what we all do. 

For example, clearly Pardew isn't the "luckiest Newcastle manager in 20+ years" because...

http://www.ronaldo7.net/news/2012/cristiano-ronaldo-506-ruud-gullit-and-his-super-hot-wife-girlfriend-estelle-cruijff-in-the-beach.jpg

i called him a bellend 'cause that's what i think the man is, i don't think he's a bellend because i consider he's a lucky manager and as that benefits NUFC on some level i hate NUFC and want us to fail

for the record

Guest neesy111

The face on my 5 month old lights up when he does an interview.

He should do kids telly with that lovely smile.

:pardsgrin:

Well, that's the mental age that his bullshit sticks to, tbf.

http://i43.tinypic.com/iw2oe9.jpg

Bardew the (tactical) dinosaur

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Like KI saying we were lucky on Saturday to take 3 points because Norwich were s*** :lol:

Mental opinion that :laugh:

Aye, I'm mental for thinking that allowing a shit team to have the ball for 45 minutes and pose no coherent attacking threat of our own might still end up resulting in them getting something in a game that we had been comfortably dominating.

It's absolutely stupid to rely upon the opponent being toothless in order to get results. It's working for us at the moment so there's a positive spin to put on what I see as an unnecessary and dangerous tactic, but we've seen it blow up in our face enough times to say that you don't have to be either remarkably insightful, or needlessly pessemistic to predict that we'll come unstuck.

Putting a positive spin on the whole thing...we're playing better football and some of the stuff we've played has been impressive. I don't see any reason why we can't do that for longer periods than 45 minutes at a time.

it's OK KI, we can guarantee with cast iron certainty that remy will continue scoring a his current rate, no-one will get injured or suspended in significant numbers to disrupt us, krul will continue to perform heroics when needed, other teams won't take their chances when they come and so on

it's a flawless fucking plan tbh

Btw we had better chances than Norwich in the second half as well, fwiw. They might have fannyed about with the ball inside our half for long periods doing nothing but pass it sideways and backwards but we still created the better chances in both halves and should really have scored more than just the two. By no means were we lucky to take all 3 points.

it's OK KI, we can guarantee with cast iron certainty that remy will continue scoring a his current rate, no-one will get injured or suspended in significant numbers to disrupt us, krul will continue to perform heroics when needed, other teams won't take their chances when they come and so on

You could produce a sentence like this for any team in good form.

That's not our 'plan', we plan for each game with what we have on offer, I'm sure. Childish stuff.

You've asked where and then just gave yourself the examples. :lol: There's a difference between hyperbole when it's based in opinion and someone saying that he's "the luckiest manager in 20+ years" or whatever, and changing what people on here are actually saying.

You and Brett change what people on here say in order to make your own argument hold more credence. There's a clear difference between exaggerating your own opinion and exaggerating or amending someone else's.

The parameters of the argument are shifting to that boring territory where you argue about the methods of argument allowed.  People complain we can only attack for 45 minutes.... I say you can't dominate teams for 90 minutes.  Both are extreme because no-one would suggest the opposition can't have any shots and we created our most stylish goal in the second half, but it was scratched off.

It's somewhere in between I suppose  :-X

Guest firetotheworks

Btw we had better chances than Norwich in the second half as well, fwiw. They might have fannyed about with the ball inside our half for long periods doing nothing but pass it sideways and backwards but we still created the better chances in both halves and should really have scored more than just the two. By no means were we lucky to take all 3 points.

It's funny that you say that because in the second half Norwich actually scored, so I dunno what you're on about with this whole us having better chances. As a shit team away from home, they still carved out another couple of chances. We had a goal ruled out for offside...whilst on the break...at home to fucking Norwich.

If you think playing that way is fine, and godspeed if you do. Personally I think it's fucking pointless and dangerous.

Guest firetotheworks

You've asked where and then just gave yourself the examples. :lol: There's a difference between hyperbole when it's based in opinion and someone saying that he's "the luckiest manager in 20+ years" or whatever, and changing what people on here are actually saying.

You and Brett change what people on here say in order to make your own argument hold more credence. There's a clear difference between exaggerating your own opinion and exaggerating or amending someone else's.

The parameters of the argument are shifting to that boring territory where you argue about the methods of argument allowed.  People complain we can only attack for 45 minutes.... I say you can't dominate teams for 90 minutes.  Both are extreme because no-one would suggest the opposition can't have any shots and we created our most stylish goal in the second half, but it was scratched off.

It's somewhere in between I suppose  :-X

Finally, I agree with you. :thup:

That's not our 'plan', we plan for each game with what we have on offer, I'm sure. Childish stuff.

Oh fucking please.

couldn't give 2 fucks about other teams, it's directly applicable to NUFC and that's what i care about

fwiw i've never seen a team with as much attacking potential as us sit back to close out games so often, ever

Althought that's probably right we've lacked goals from midfield and defence for a long time now. And that's down to the way we play.

It's funny that you say that because in the second half Norwich actually scored, so I dunno what you're on about with this whole us having better chances. As a s*** team away from home, they still carved out another couple of chances. We had a goal ruled out for offside...whilst on the break...at home to f***ing Norwich.

If you think playing that way is fine, and godspeed if you do. Personally I think it's f***ing pointless and dangerous.

So goals more meaningful and important than chance created now?

Guest firetotheworks

It's funny that you say that because in the second half Norwich actually scored, so I dunno what you're on about with this whole us having better chances. As a s*** team away from home, they still carved out another couple of chances. We had a goal ruled out for offside...whilst on the break...at home to f***ing Norwich.

If you think playing that way is fine, and godspeed if you do. Personally I think it's f***ing pointless and dangerous.

I don't know your form. Please ask me again so I can tell if you're joking or not. I imagine that you are like.

Guest firetotheworks

It would be if the I had said that the first half was a problem, it wasn't. The way that we played in the first half is a big part of the solution imo and it's staring us in the face.

It would be if the I had said that the first half was a problem, it wasn't. The way that we played in the first half is a big part of the solution imo and it's staring us in the face.

hate myself for coming in here, it must be a type of subconscious self-punishment to myself

wish i had a job with something to fucking do

Good Lord,  I have seen it all now.