West Ham vs Newcastle Utd - 04/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Beren

I think he'd put up more of a challenge in the air against Carroll which might be crucial.

I don't understand this, Williamson is turd in the air and much weaker than Taylor, he'd get bullied to fuck and then start flailing his arms around grabbing at anything he could reach.

As people say, Taylor with a fit Colo next to him is far and away superior to Williamson, at everything.

I think he'd put up more of a challenge in the air against Carroll which might be crucial.

I don't understand this, Williamson is turd in the air and much weaker than Taylor, he'd get bullied to fuck and then start flailing his arms around grabbing at anything he could reach.

As people say, Taylor with a fit Colo next to him is far and away superior to Williamson, at everything.

I hope you're right. Too often I see Taylor nowhere near the big forwards and it ends up being Colo or Mbiwa who are going up for the aerial battles.

Guest Nixon

but that's the consequence of adding five new players that didn't even come from the same club.

Good post Nixon, I have no idea what you're going on about there though? When has any club in the history of football ever went out and signed 5 players from the same club in January?

We've hopefully improved our squad (we'll have to see next season) and we definitely shouldn't have been in the situation to have to panic buy but I'm unsure of who we should have bought?

We're an injury hit squad low on confidence with a poor manager who habe just been tanked twice at home, I think people are looking into that too much to be honest. If we'd have signed 5 Premiership players (including 2 young defenders) do you honesty think they would have been a certainty to have faired any better once they were rushed into the team together?

If I've missed the point I apologise, I just think injuries are a far bigger reason for our recent form than where our new lads have come from.

My point was more, if they had come from the same club (let's say even 2-3 of them had) there would be an understanding, a familiarity. Is it FIFA that uses the 'chemistry' system? That is the kind of thing I mean. Instead you're plucking 5 strangers from another league and expecting them to adapt to a wholly different style. Even the guys they have a common bond with (the French speakers) they don't know.

Only Debuchy knows any of the current squad in Cabaye.

I guess the overriding point to my ramble was, when you bring in so many new players who have no predisposed understanding with their teammates, you need a captain/leader more than ever.

When you don't have that, things like Saturday happen (admittedly not normally to the tune of 6 goals) where the team looks disjointed and no one is telling Debuchy when to move up, when to try and play offside. Coloccini revels in that kind of thing. He had his shaky period in England and now will boss players around with little care for what they think.

but that's the consequence of adding five new players that didn't even come from the same club.

Good post Nixon, I have no idea what you're going on about there though? When has any club in the history of football ever went out and signed 5 players from the same club in January?

We've hopefully improved our squad (we'll have to see next season) and we definitely shouldn't have been in the situation to have to panic buy but I'm unsure of who we should have bought?

We're an injury hit squad low on confidence with a poor manager who habe just been tanked twice at home, I think people are looking into that too much to be honest. If we'd have signed 5 Premiership players (including 2 young defenders) do you honesty think they would have been a certainty to have faired any better once they were rushed into the team together?

If I've missed the point I apologise, I just think injuries are a far bigger reason for our recent form than where our new lads have come from.

My point was more, if they had come from the same club (let's say even 2-3 of them had) there would be an understanding, a familiarity. Is it FIFA that uses the 'chemistry' system? That is the kind of thing I mean. Instead you're plucking 5 strangers from another league and expecting them to adapt to a wholly different style. Even the guys they have a common bond with (the French speakers) they don't know.

Only Debuchy knows any of the current squad in Cabaye.

I guess the overriding point to my ramble was, when you bring in so many new players who have no predisposed understanding with their teammates, you need a captain/leader more than ever.

When you don't have that, things like Saturday happen (admittedly not normally to the tune of 6 goals) where the team looks disjointed and no one is telling Debuchy when to move up, when to try and play offside. Coloccini revels in that kind of thing. He had his shaky period in England and now will boss players around with little care for what they think.

:thup: yeah I agree with that.

Guest reefatoon

Would anyone consider throwing Mapou at LB? Give young Haidara a break?

http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/pointing-and-laughing.gif

Can take peoples points on the Williamson thing, and I myself don't particularly rate him myself as I've previously stated but in my opinion we need a fresh approach and I'm convinced Williamson can handle the aerial threat posed by West Ham better than Taylor can, the only time I see Taylor win the ball in the air is when there's no other fucker around him, and even then it goes straight to the nearest opposition player.

One thing I don't understand is where this stuff about Colo is coming from? People saying hes the one who will come back into the team and tell the players what to do and when to attack/defend, hes never been that kind of player to be honest, he used to tend to lead by example, the calming influence is a good point because he is so assured in everything he does usually, but as far as him grabbing the players by the scruff of the neck and giving them a telling off or encouragement when needed is pure fabrication, I've never seen him do that on the pitch.

Would anyone consider throwing Mapou at LB? Give young Haidara a break?

http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/pointing-and-laughing.gif

I would, because Haidara for me looks an exciting prospect but as of now isn't ready to be starting games in the premier league.

But between Haidara and Gutierrez, James would still sit it out.

I hope they come out fighting on saturday but I just don't see it in this side at the moment. Too many of the players look abject and the manager looks like he's staring cluelessly down the barrel of a gun. I hope to god I'm proved wrong (obviously).

Not strictly on the topic of the West Ham game but does anyone actually believe Wigan won't take near enough maximum points from their last 4 games? Its nailed on in my opinion, everything that could go wrong has gone wrong recently...Villa's goal difference taking a big increase, our goal difference taking a -6 decrease.... its like this season is fucking cursed, honestly think even if we get another 3 points Wigan will win at least 3 of 4 and still send us down.

Not strictly on the topic of the West Ham game but does anyone actually believe Wigan won't take near enough maximum points from their last 4 games? Its nailed on in my opinion, everything that could go wrong has gone wrong recently...Villa's goal difference taking a big increase, our goal difference taking a -6 decrease.... its like this season is fucking cursed, honestly think even if we get another 3 points Wigan will win at least 3 of 4 and still send us down.

No but I think 2 of their 4 games are very winnable against Swansea and Villa. That would mean we need at least 2 more points if they win a couple of games.

I hope you're right. Too often I see Taylor nowhere near the big forwards and it ends up being Colo or Mbiwa who are going up for the aerial battles.

Because the big forwards will get next to the weaker CB. It happens all the time.

Simmo-Saylor-Colo-Mapou

------Yohan--Sissoko-------

-Hatem---------------Sylvain

-------Cisse---Gouff---------

I can't believe i just went 4-4-2. But I'm seriously thinking thats our best 11 come Saturday?

And to the laughter about Mapou at LB, he looked fucking fantastic at RB in that Metalist match and its been said before he can play anywhere across the back line. Not that crazy of a suggestion man. Surely better than Jonas at LB.

I was just trying to pick a team without Tiote and Perch.

Could even do a front 6 of

--Anita-Sissoko--

-----Yohan-------

HBA--Cisse--Gouff

--Yohan-Sissoko--

-------Marv-------

HBA-Cisse-Gouff

Too attacking in shape though maybe?

I'm debating wether to travel down or not.  Someone make my mind up for me please.

If it's a tension thing go. I find being at the match much better than TV, radio etc for stress levels. If it's just apathy then don't really know.

If you do make it please don't let anyone boo Carroll or Nolan, we really need to be nice to them.