What tips Pardew over the edge?

Interpolic

Nowt to do with being mates or whatever. I'm on about the fact they gave the whole setup an eight year contract. They've even spelt it out - he's allowed a bad season. If he's still shit next year then they might bin him. Until then I just can't see it happening, and certainly not with three games to go. Who would they get to cover those games? No decent manager will want to come in and potentially get relegated instantly. A shit manager will need paying off next year anyway.

The basis behind the whole operation is not spending money.

He's gone already I reckon. There's just little point in making a change so late in the day.

Apart from potentially staying up? :lol:

Who realistically comes in now? A stop gap? It's just not going to happen. Maybe it should - but it won't.

Then we go down.

Think we will stick with him unless we get relegated. Ashley's goal is financial results not footballing results and Pardew suits that goal since he's a puppet.

Ashley goes. That's the only thing I can see making him leave.

If we go down I think the owner will look to sell up again, so even in that scenario I don't see him being sacked. He won't want to walk either.

For him to be sacked I think we'd have to stay up, and be scratching around in this position by the end of the calendar year after being backed with decent funds in the summer. Thought that all season and I still think the same.

Why?  Because he apparently gets along with them?  I don't get it.  I think he'll get binned.  There's no honour with people like Ashley and Llambias so I don't know why people are giving the idea they won't f*** their mate over any credence.  Yes, they've got him under their thumb but they could have another manager under their thumb.

Who? They couldn't even have Hughton under their thumb. No disrespect to the man, but it's not like he had a history of success, or even a credible CV. Who are they going to convince to come and work under them?

I'm sure he'll be worrying about his 8 year contract decision because he seems like an exclusively self involved cunt. He won't want to look bad after apparently starting to get things right. I also don't think he really knows how to be pro active. He's an opportunist that seems to benefit from the misfortune of others and his propensity to sell shit. That doesn't bode well for us. What's our owner got in his locker to change this, never mind our manager?

We're getting more continental with everything we do, I don't see why someone couldn't come in as first team coach and do a similar job to what they were doing abroad.

And I don't think Ashley's that arsed about what people think, and if he is then he'll look a hell of a lot worse when he's getting everything right off the pitch and he's being made to look a fucking idiot on it.

I think this "we can't do any better than Pardew" stuff is a sad reflection of the Ashley regime and I don't think it's actually true.  I'll stick my neck out and say I'd be really surprised and disappointed if Pardew is in charge in August, I just don't see how it could be allowed to happen now.

Nowt to do with being mates or whatever. I'm on about the fact they gave the whole setup an eight year contract. They've even spelt it out - he's allowed a bad season. If he's still shit next year then they might bin him. Until then I just can't see it happening, and certainly not with three games to go. Who would they get to cover those games? No decent manager will want to come in and potentially get relegated instantly. A shit manager will need paying off next year anyway.

Agreed, but if we do go down it will end up costing Ashley money again, even if the so called bigger players are jettisoned in the summer.

They spent more money in January than it would have cost to sack Pardew and get a decent manager in.  It hasn't worked, hopefully they'll spot the weak link now.

Nowt to do with being mates or whatever. I'm on about the fact they gave the whole setup an eight year contract. They've even spelt it out - he's allowed a bad season. If he's still s*** next year then they might bin him. Until then I just can't see it happening, and certainly not with three games to go. Who would they get to cover those games? No decent manager will want to come in and potentially get relegated instantly. A s*** manager will need paying off next year anyway.

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1402811.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Alan+Shearer+on+holiday+in+Barbados

Oh yeah.. decent.

No we are fucked. No one will take us on with 3 games left. Why the hell would you. They have to hope Pardew can scrape us through then replace. We knew when he was appointed, we knew before christmas, we knew feeling scared in January. Now the gamble has backfired and we are really in the shit. Diced rolled second relegation staring us in the face.

Can't see us coming straight back up this time either.

Think we will stick with him unless we get relegated. Ashley's goal is financial results not footballing results and Pardew suits that goal since he's a puppet.

That is pure rubbish, sorry.  You make money by being successful.  We're buying good players and the manager hasn't a clue, therefore it makes no financial sense to keep him on.

They spent more money in January than it would have cost to sack Pardew and get a decent manager in.  It hasn't worked, hopefully they'll spot the weak link now.

I obviously want Pardew gone, but I'm honestly at the stage now where I can only think of someone like Carver and Stone stepping up to take the last 3 games. How the fuck do we deal with that? There's fucking no one on this planet willing to take over as our manager for 3 games now?

He's gone already I reckon. There's just little point in making a change so late in the day.

Apart from potentially staying up? :lol:

Who realistically comes in now? A stop gap? It's just not going to happen. Maybe it should - but it won't.

Then we go down.

Maybe we will.

I think if we were going to make a change after today's result it would have happened by now. Or at least some rumours of an emergency board meeting or the like. He's staying, unfortunately.

That is pure rubbish, sorry.  You make money by being successful.  We're buying good players and the manager hasn't a clue, therefore it makes no financial sense to keep him on.

Not necessarily. Arsenal.

Again, I think it's hot air.  Llambias is a glorified politician.  He changes his tune all the time and will do so again, on this issue.  We were following the Villa model and then the Arsenal model, etc.  When it was good PR to push the 8 year stability angle he did it.  I don't place any significance on what they say in the press.

Not necessarily. Arsenal.

By success I mean finishing near the top of the league and not nearly getting relegated, Arsenal are actually the perfect example to illustrate the point.

I obviously want Pardew gone, but I'm honestly at the stage now where I can only think of someone like Carver and Stone stepping up to take the last 3 games. How the fuck do we deal with that? There's fucking no one on this planet willing to take over as our manager for 3 games now?

I'm not even talking immediate future mate, I haven't got a clue what we do for the rest of this season - I'm just hoping if I keep my fingers crossed we'll be OK.

He needed backing in the transfer window in january and he got it. The results haven't changed. It's beyond a joke how poor we play at the moment and we're looking a second relegation straight down the barrel.

Not really. Most people will still go to games if we become a bad premier league team season after season. The TV money will still be huge etc

As long as Ashley makes money he'll be happy

He needed backing in the transfer window in january and he got it. The results haven't changed. It's beyond a joke how poor we play at the moment and we're looking a second relegation straight down the barrel.

We have been staring it down since bloody November.. a bad run is expected but this is far from acceptable and should have been dealt with already this season. It might well cost us again and I don't know how much more fans can take.

Again, I think it's hot air.  Llambias is a glorified politician.  He changes his tune all the time and will do so again, on this issue.  We were following the Villa model and then the Arsenal model, etc.  When it was good PR to push the 8 year stability angle he did it.  I don't place any significance on what they say in the press.

Okay, put it this way. I think they're gambling on Pardew keeping us up - they'd have done it ages ago if they thought he was a busted flush. They're also gambling on Pardew doing much better next year. Assuming we don't actually go down, it's the cheapest option.

Not really. Most people will still go to games if we become a bad premier league team season after season. The TV money will still be huge etc

As long as Ashley makes money he'll be happy

He's signing good players and he'll know that by now.  Even marginally more success earns him more money, he won't be happy with some daft cunt losing him money.

We have been staring it down since bloody November.. a bad run is expected but this is far from acceptable and should have been dealt with already this season. It might well cost us again and I don't know how much more fans can take.

Could argue in November we were hit by a lack of preparation for the EL by not investing in the summer. That was fixed in January yet the results weren't.

I obviously want Pardew gone, but I'm honestly at the stage now where I can only think of someone like Carver and Stone stepping up to take the last 3 games. How the f*** do we deal with that? There's f***ing no one on this planet willing to take over as our manager for 3 games now?

I'm not even talking immediate future mate, I haven't got a clue what we do for the rest of this season - I'm just hoping if I keep my fingers crossed we'll be OK.

I'm finding it hard to even put any points across at the moment to be honest. I can't really comprehend the position we find ourselves in now. Just shit loads of hows and whys. It's not even our job to be looking in to this so hard, yet the fans seem to be the only one's doing it. Really is mind boggling.

I think Pardew's going once the season ends, we just have to pray it's after survival. Ashley will be shit scared right now - Pardew may be a buddy but you dont get where Ashley is without being ruthless. Given a choice between serious amounts of money and loyalty, he'll always pick the money. He won't want this to happen ever again.

Okay, put it this way. I think they're gambling on Pardew keeping us up - they'd have done it ages ago if they thought he was a busted flush. They're also gambling on Pardew doing much better next year. Assuming we don't actually go down, it's the cheapest option.

That's the most worrying thing in my opinion.  They will buy into the excuses and the need for 'stability' and will write off another season under this clown.