What tips Pardew over the edge?

Interpolic

Nowt to do with being mates or whatever. I'm on about the fact they gave the whole setup an eight year contract. They've even spelt it out - he's allowed a bad season. If he's still shit next year then they might bin him. Until then I just can't see it happening, and certainly not with three games to go. Who would they get to cover those games? No decent manager will want to come in and potentially get relegated instantly. A shit manager will need paying off next year anyway.

The basis behind the whole operation is not spending money.

Again, I think it's hot air.  Llambias is a glorified politician.  He changes his tune all the time and will do so again, on this issue.  We were following the Villa model and then the Arsenal model, etc.  When it was good PR to push the 8 year stability angle he did it.  I don't place any significance on what they say in the press.

Okay, put it this way. I think they're gambling on Pardew keeping us up - they'd have done it ages ago if they thought he was a busted flush. They're also gambling on Pardew doing much better next year. Assuming we don't actually go down, it's the cheapest option.

I don't think they could have possibly realised how bad it could have got this season, nor could you or I.  FWIW I've generally wanted to stick with him until the summer because I thought we'd get away with it and the summer's a better time to get a good manager.

I don't see how it's the cheapest option to keep him, I think that's incredibly short-sighted.  It's dearer to keep him because they'll have to keep bailing him out, then you've got the fact we could have got £10m plus for Tiote last summer and now we'd be lucky to get half that.  There are countless examples like that all over the squad, what used to be hot commodities with a high value have now become tainted goods that won't fetch in much money.

It makes no sense to keep a useless manager, it's a costly exercise.  Far more costly than a few million compensation for Pardew, his staff and his replacement's club.

Nowt to do with being mates or whatever. I'm on about the fact they gave the whole setup an eight year contract. They've even spelt it out - he's allowed a bad season. If he's still shit next year then they might bin him. Until then I just can't see it happening, and certainly not with three games to go. Who would they get to cover those games? No decent manager will want to come in and potentially get relegated instantly. A shit manager will need paying off next year anyway.

Again, I think it's hot air.  Llambias is a glorified politician.  He changes his tune all the time and will do so again, on this issue.  We were following the Villa model and then the Arsenal model, etc.  When it was good PR to push the 8 year stability angle he did it.  I don't place any significance on what they say in the press.

Okay, put it this way. I think they're gambling on Pardew keeping us up - they'd have done it ages ago if they thought he was a busted flush. They're also gambling on Pardew doing much better next year. Assuming we don't actually go down, it's the cheapest option.

I don't think they could have possibly realised how bad it could have got this season, nor could you or I.  FWIW I've generally wanted to stick with him until the summer because I thought we'd get away with it and the summer's a better time to get a good manager.

I don't see how it's the cheapest option to keep him, I think that's incredibly short-sighted.  It's dearer to keep him because they'll have to keep bailing him out, then you've got the fact we could have got £10m plus for Tiote last summer and now we'd be lucky to get half that.  There are countless examples like that all over the squad, what used to be hot commodities with a high value have now become tainted goods that won't fetch in much money.

It makes no sense to keep a useless manager, it's a costly exercise.  Far more costly than a few million compensation for Pardew, his staff and his replacement's club.

Makes perfect sense to me and I hope you're right. This lot very rarely do sensible though. They think they know better than everyone else, that's how we ended up with fucking Pardew in the first place. They'll believe last season can be repeated.

Makes perfect sense to me and I hope you're right. This lot very rarely do sensible though. They think they know better than everyone else, that's how we ended up with fucking Pardew in the first place. They'll believe last season can be repeated.

Aye, I think we've reached the point between us here actually - we're dealing with a total enigma in Mike Ashley and we'll just have to see what happens.  I'm just taking it from the perspective that he's all about money and common sense says Pardew will lose him money, but like you say he might think he knows better than common sense I suppose.

Nothing as far as I can see will tip Pardew over the edge. He is a superb frontman for the regime. He would survive a relegation no problem. Llambias & Ashley have had heat for the stadium name change, sponsorship choice and the sacking KK so what fans want/demand is not a priority for them. Nor is the team remember these are the same cunts that wouldn't let Chris Hughton bring in an assitant manager to help him, as they were hoping it would make him want fuck off so they wouldn't have to grease his palm with redundancy cash. 

Nothing as far as I can see will tip Pardew over the edge. He is a superb frontman for the regime. He would survive a relegation no problem. Llambias & Ashley have had heat for the stadium name change, sponsorship choice and the sacking KK so what fans want/demand is not a priority for them. Nor is the team remember these are the same cunts that wouldn't let Chris Hughton bring in an assitant manager to help him, as they were hoping it would make him want fuck off so they wouldn't have to grease his palm with redundancy cash. 

The redundancy cash is hardly going to break the bank. Getting relegated will though and either way this prick is gone because he'll have cost Ashley shedloads.

Nothing as far as I can see will tip Pardew over the edge. He is a superb frontman for the regime. He would survive a relegation no problem. Llambias & Ashley have had heat for the stadium name change, sponsorship choice and the sacking KK so what fans want/demand is not a priority for them. Nor is the team remember these are the same c***s that wouldn't let Chris Hughton bring in an assitant manager to help him, as they were hoping it would make him want f*** off so they wouldn't have to grease his palm with redundancy cash. 

The redundancy cash is hardly going to break the bank. Getting relegated will though and either way this prick is gone because he'll have cost Ashley shedloads.

I was on about them paying out CH. They were being awkward with him hoping he would do one rather than payout but in the end they had to pay him off.

Ashley will loan NUFC money if he needs to so he wont lose bean.

Just in terms of league placings and asset valuations he must have cost Ashley £10m this season.  I think what will finally tip him over the edge is when he eventually has a big enough effect on the balance sheet for MA to take notice.  He should go for the shocking excuse for football he's served up but ultimately I believe it'll be the bottom line that sees him off.

He won't tip himself. They have to push him.

This is the biggest job of his career and he won't get bigger. You will have to prize his fingers away. Its like Roeder and Hughton, you can tell they care about football and the club. They just aren't in anyway good enough to manage this club or the players at it, let alone knowing how to tackle and outwit managers of other clubs who are far superior.

Nothing as far as I can see will tip Pardew over the edge. He is a superb frontman for the regime. He would survive a relegation no problem. Llambias & Ashley have had heat for the stadium name change, sponsorship choice and the sacking KK so what fans want/demand is not a priority for them. Nor is the team remember these are the same c***s that wouldn't let Chris Hughton bring in an assitant manager to help him, as they were hoping it would make him want f*** off so they wouldn't have to grease his palm with redundancy cash. 

I was on about them paying out CH. They were being awkward with him hoping he would do one rather than payout but in the end they had to pay him off.

If that was true he'd have not spent big money in January.

If that was true he'd have not spent big money in January.

Easy Tiger! Of course they don't want to go down that is why summer targets were signed earlier. I would imagine budget adjustments have been made.

We've successfully maneuvered ourselves into a point where we can't even appoint a new manager because it's not clear what league we'll be in next season.

It's physically impossible to sack him immediately unless we believe that having no manager would be better than Pardew for three games. That might even be true at this point, of course.

We've successfully maneuvered ourselves into a point where we can't even appoint a new manager because it's not clear what league we'll be in next season.

It's physically impossible to sack him immediately unless we believe that having no manager would be better than Pardew for three games. That might even be true at this point, of course.

Generally I hate the term "he can't be any worse than..." because it's usually clearly untrue and is used to justify wanting to put a 16 year old to replace a solid but unspectacular performer like Simpson.

But we're certainly at that point now. What's worse than a 0-9 home aggregate against two mid table (at absolute best) sides? What's the worst that can happen? We lose three games? That's looking a dead cert anyway. Even if it's Beardsley or Carver, we've reached a point where we have to roll the dice imo.

Generally I hate the term "he can't be any worse than..." because it's usually clearly untrue and is used to justify wanting to put a 16 year old to replace a solid but unspectacular performer like Simpson.

But we're certainly at that point now. What's worse than a 0-9 home aggregate against two mid table (at absolute best) sides? What's the worst that can happen? We lose three games? That's looking a dead cert anyway. Even if it's Beardsley or Carver, we've reached a point where we have to roll the dice imo.

* 2 midtable sides missing their best (well, I actually thought ONLY) goalscorers.  Sorry.  Cheers. :lol:

I don't know what I'd do now, I'm trying to pretend this isn't really happening at this point.  I think sacking him would be bad, keeping him would be bad.  Either way we're relying on Wigan not to seize the day IMO, we're too far down the line to think or expect we'll get more than 1 or 2 points from the remaining games.

* 2 midtable sides missing their best (well, I actually thought ONLY) goalscorers.  Sorry.  Cheers. :lol:

I don't know what I'd do now, I'm trying to pretend this isn't really happening at this point.  I think sacking him would be bad, keeping him would be bad.  Either way we're relying on Wigan not to seize the day IMO, we're too far down the line to think or expect we'll get more than 1 or 2 points from the remaining games.

Maybe just sacking him now and hope the players react positively enough to that that it will offset having no manager until the end of the season is the gamble we need to take. I'm certainly leaning in that direction.