What tips Pardew over the edge?

Interpolic

Today was extraordinairy shitness. Beyond the most imaginable embarrassment. I think at any other club, it would have been the definite end. However, given the nature of our board, there's a suggestion it won't.

But: Llambias and Ashley have acknowledged mistakes in the past. There's been a suggestion that they've accepted the fact that their inexperience cost them both financially and sporting wise. We should not disregard their rational decision making completley. I think there's room for a decision that doesn't go along the lines of what they've set out to do.

Again: today was beyond s***. It wasn't worthy of any manager, club, agreement or long term strategy for that matter. Some things are unforgivable.

It might have been too much.

Was mentioned by DL that things would be reassessed in the summer my only hope is that the thought of Dave Whelan and Wigan putting one over on him spurs Ashley into making a decision after two of the worst home results in our history and Pardews gone early next week. Think we are way past the stage that sacking the manager with 3 games left in a relegation fight matters anymore. I dread to think what Arsenal would have done to us today and considering we have one away win all season doesnt auger well for WHU and QPR. Damned if we do and damned if we dont. Give Beardsley a go or anyone till we appoint someone permanant as we are doomed anyway unless Wigan implode and I dont think that they will.

Edit - Still hope and pray that they lose their away games and draw vs Villa (Too much to hope that they drop at least two against Swansea)

50k passionate supporters actually making the board aware of their views instead of walking out after an hour!

Not quite - you actually mean 50,000 passionate supporters witholding ST money until their views are listened to...which means that the club will still be useless in 3 years' time.....

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if frantic calls are currently being made to the agents of unemployed managers to see if one can be tempted to take over for the last 3 games with the promise of a chunky bonus to keep us up.

Think they'll have been surprised by the sudden acceleration of our decline (it's fucking astonished me - never seen anything like it!) and will take the change option if they can find one.

At this stage I would take Terry fucking Venables man.

QPR is key. They're atrocious. We have to win there.

I've had that game down as a defeat all season. We've never done well in that kind of game and QPR will see that as their best chance for 3 points.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if frantic calls are currently being made to the agents of unemployed managers to see if one can be tempted to take over for the last 3 games with the promise of a chunky bonus to keep us up.

Think they'll have been surprised by the sudden acceleration of our decline (it's f***ing astonished me - never seen anything like it!) and will take the change option if they can find one.

At this stage I would take Terry f***ing Venables man.

Someone like George Graham would keep us up.

The 8 year deal was a grandiose gesture and was more for the appearance of stability than anything else after a bad few years and in Ashley's defence, who could have predicted it would be this bad? I would say Pardew would have been given another season if we ended up anywhere above 15th but this is way too grim. Ashley obviously shouldered some of the blame and tried to rectify that in Jan but the only person to blame since then is Pards.

In an ideal world we would be able to change now and get a long term manager for the foreseeable, but realistically we somehow need to hang in and make the best appointment in the summer. Looking at our team and infrastructure you can't tell me that any manager from teams 7th downwards wouldn't seriously contemplate coming in.

The person holding us back is Pards and I'm confident that will be rectified. Just hope it's not too late.

Hammers are safe, we have a chance if any of our players are interested in turning up to win.

Fates in our own hands but it was last time too.

Fat Sam loves turning us over though, still holds a massive grudge. I dare say AC9 will up his game against us too, not an easy one to go to needing points.

Whilst I would be delighted to see Pardew gone, I think we are in a very tough position now.

Even people like Venables and Graham are going to struggle to get on the wavelength of the multi-national group of players we have in only 3 games, one of which we HAVE to win ; the only person who is available that might be able to do it is Di Matteo - used to dealing with many different nationalities and would have the players' immediate respect. Problem with this are two-fold ; firstly, he would probably want a longer contract and secondly, he might not want to move north or work for Ashley and Llambias...esp the latter...

Ashley and Llambias are really in a cleft stick now because they HAVE to make the right decision...I would take the gamble for the simple reason that it now looks as if the players are taking the p--s out of the manager and we cannot afford to be relegated.

They have delayed the decision for too long and now its come back to bite em on the ar-e...I just hope we supporters are not the ones who, once again, end up paying the price....

The thing is, we've waited too long. Sacking him now will force us to bring someone in who is either not good enough long term, or who accepts they're only going to be around for 3 games. Leaving Carver, Stone and Beardsley in charge would also be disastrous. They're part of the problem.

I want the cunt gone as much as the next person, but Llambais has left us in a no win situation.

The thing is, we've waited too long. Sacking him now will force us to bring someone in who is either not good enough long term, or who accepts they're only going to be around for 3 games. Leaving Carver, Stone and Beardsley in charge would also be disastrous. They're part of the problem.

Aye, the time to peddle the wanker was during the disaster run in November through January.  It was clear that in even the matches that we had won up to that point we were not playing as a team and were relying on nothing but luck.  The upper management are as complicit in this disaster for hiring the wanker in the first place, giving him the ridiculous contract and then not pulling the trigger when they should have.

Five years ago I'd have said that the bad old days of the relegation / promotion cycle were finished, but this owner has overseen one relegation and  now very likely a second.

Isn't it worth considering Ashley's "gambler" reputation?

His position is to stick or twist, and sticking with Pardew and hoping for the best is a reasonable choice from his prespective. If it comes off he's got breathing space to get a better manager in summer, or give Pardew more time (please God no!) in order to sort his shit out.

Twisting mean either finding an interim for three matches and betting it all that the new man could scrape up a win (or two points, at least), or signing a new long-term manager in zero time (essentially replicating the mackems' move three weeks later). That's a huge risk.

So does the gambler play it safe or go all in? From his point of view, giving his man the chance is the safer bet. At least, that's how I see it.

PS Please DO NOT take this as a defence of Pardew. I want the cunt OUT!!!

Isn't it worth considering Ashley's "gambler" reputation?

His position is to stick or twist, and sticking with Pardew and hoping for the best is a reasonable choice from his prespective. If it comes off he's got breathing space to get a better manager in summer, or give Pardew more time (please God no!) in order to sort his shit out.

Twisting mean either finding an interim for three matches and betting it all that the new man could scrape up a win (or two points, at least), or signing a new long-term manager in zero time (essentially replicating the mackems' move three weeks later). That's a huge risk.

So does the gambler play it safe or go all in? From his point of view, giving his man the chance is the safer bet. At least, that's how I see it.

PS Please DO NOT take this as a defence of Pardew. I want the cunt OUT!!!

He'll gamble it to the end of the season imo; which is a disgrace on its own.

we'll run with Pardew till the end of the season, 5 points between us and relegation, we scrape a win and Wigan lose and we're ok, Wigan win and we win we're still ok, Mackems lose next game and they're still in the sh*te.

I want the c*** gone as much as the next person, but Llambais has left us in a no win situation.

Why the inclusion of Beardsley? He's not in our coaching setup at the moment and by most accounts got our reserves playing decent football.