Pardew out? Cast your vote

Dr Venkman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd like to know who voted yes and why? Mainly just because I cannot fathom a single reason he deserves to stay??

A mate of mine who's an avid supporter said to me yesterday he shouldn't be sacked, when I asked him why he just reeled off one of Pardews post match excuse lists. I really wonder if he has some kind of hypnotising power, it's like he's brainwashed a generation!!

:lol:

I said a while back that if we kept him next year we'd have a really mediocre season, in other words waste time but not have the worry of relegation again.

I take that back, I think we're in massive trouble if we keep him after what we've seen in recent weeks.  Didn't actually realise he was quite this inept.

Still think the nutcases running the show will think they're doing a lot right off the pitch while being let down on it though.  If he stays then I'll be quite perplexed, it's clear as day that we'd enter the new season under a cloud of hopelessness and negativity if we didn't make the change.

I think we'll be in a relegation battle for sure next season if he's here. If he stays I'll feel very, very odd about our early fixtures because if we get to Christmas around 10-13th it might not be enough for them to sack him but I'll still be sure that we'll be in amongst it until the last weeks of the season.

Would people peddling the stability argument happily accept mediocrity or do they actually believe that Pardew will have us fighting for a top 4 place consistently for the next 7 years?

Or do they think that there is a chance that we will crumble and go down under a new man?

Genuinely interested as I personally cannot see any reasons why we shouldn't take the gamble and bring a new guy in with the hope that we've done it right this time. There's nothing to be exited about under Pardew.

Would people peddling the stability argument happily accept mediocrity or do they actually believe that Pardew will have us fighting for a top 4 place consistently for the next 7 years?

Or do they think that there is a chance that we will crumble and go down under a new man?

Genuinely interested as I personally cannot see any reasons why we shouldn't take the gamble and bring a new guy in with the hope that we've done it right this time. There's nothing to be exited about under Pardew.

I think we could have another season like the 5th position finish, although admittedly it's not likely. More likely mid table with some brilliant moments from individuals -  the number of those moments defining where we finish.

Yes, I do think things could go wrong under a new man, don't you?

I agree the future isn't that exciting under Pardew, Wullie has made an excellent case for dreaming big before. I've admitted before that I would take a few seasons like I've described above, partly because of the hideous times we've had in our recent past.

There probably is an element of defeatism about that, I admit.

To the 3 knackers that have voted no: Unless you've done that as some sort of awful joke, please explain your reasoning behind your decision.

By bet would be: mackem, didn't understand the poll, and Ian W :-)

Never gets old that.

Just out of interest, what did you go for? If you voted at all that is.

I haven't voted yet, so many unknowns. As I said on the previous page, I have time for the stability argument but also looking more and more doubtful that Pardew is going to generate another successful season.

FWIW I think his genuine ability is somewhere in between the last two seasons. He's not as bad as everyone thinks, but he has lacked the ability to turn this season around.

If he was sacked I wouldn't be sad about it.

Aye, exactly how I feel.. I don't think he is as bad as what this season has been BUT I don't think he is good enough to take us forward.

:thup: As with all things, there is a middle-ground. Pardew is no Mourinho, nor is he a Megson.

At this stage I'd be happy to see a replacement come in if there is someone clearly superior lined up, but if he stays and we invest heavily in the summer, so be it.

Who will have us challenging for top four annually? As depressing as it is, nobody will under the current regime.

What even is the "stability" argument? It's not a valid point with any merit whatsoever.

If you think he's genuinely had it tough and will drastically improve, that's at least a point of view. Staggeringly wrong but still an opinion.

Stability though? Smacks of being more bothered about some perceived reputation in the papers than watching the team win games.

What even is the "stability" argument? It's not a valid point with any merit whatsoever.

If you think he's genuinely had it tough and will drastically improve, that's at least a point of view. Staggeringly wrong but still an opinion.

Stability though? Smacks of being more bothered about some perceived reputation in the papers than watching the team win games.

Its not stable when you're having to save yourself from relegation with one game to spare.

You do know what it is man, we've had this chat before and you've argued well against it.

I think that's a big problem, people with thin skin scarred by the criticism of a media that demonstrates that they know fuck-all with almost everything they come out with.

Stability. :lol:

We've been anything but stable this year. If stability equals staring relegation straight in the face and making a lucky escape, then I think Pardew is indeed the man to provide that. 7 more seasons of that man.  :sweetjesus:

I think we could have another season like the 5th position finish, although admittedly it's not likely. More likely mid table with some brilliant moments from individuals -  the number of those moments defining where we finish.

Yes, I do think things could go wrong under a new man, don't you?

I agree the future isn't that exciting under Pardew, Wullie has made an excellent case for dreaming big before. I've admitted before that I would take a few seasons like I've described above, partly because of the hideous times we've had in our recent past.

There probably is an element of defeatism about that, I admit.

There would always be a gamble bringing in a new man I suppose but I think if you were to weigh up the odds we'd have far greater chance of success.

'shola it obviously isn't a given under any manager, I just think that a club like us shouldn't be content with "stability", just another number in the league. A lot of it comes down to whether or not the owners can choose the right man which I accept is a bit of a gamble, but I would take it.

ps I don't think any sensible appointment would have us anywhere near a relegation battle, I think mid table is about the worst case scenario.

The annoying thing is that with Man United, Man City, Chelsea and Everton all having new managers next season, pretty much anything could happen. It's unprecedented for this much change to be going on at once. Of course it's still unlikely that someone new will break into the usual suspects up at the very top, but as an example last season we finished above two of those clubs and Liverpool too. Any club can have a disrupted season, even the biggest ones with the best squads and most money. If things don't go well for these new managers then next year could conceivably be wide open.

If we'd finished top six again this season I'd be really excited about what could happen next year. The same would be the case if we knew a better manager was in charge.

For me personally, it's nothing to do with the media at all. Why would I care about that? It's about not being put through the constant managerial merry-go-round. Not that this season was free of stress, but the whole point is that you don't judge it based on one individual season.

Playing devil's advocate, but why would that viewpoint be staggeringly wrong? A drastic improvement on this season is probably possible, even with Pardew.

Such arrogance is unwarranted, considering you've been claiming we're 100% down for a while

To the 3 knackers that have voted no: Unless you've done that as some sort of awful joke, please explain your reasoning behind your decision.

By bet would be: mackem, didn't understand the poll, and Ian W :-)

Never gets old that.

Just out of interest, what did you go for? If you voted at all that is.

I haven't voted yet, so many unknowns. As I said on the previous page, I have time for the stability argument but also looking more and more doubtful that Pardew is going to generate another successful season.

FWIW I think his genuine ability is somewhere in between the last two seasons. He's not as bad as everyone thinks, but he has lacked the ability to turn this season around.

If he was sacked I wouldn't be sad about it.

Aye, exactly how I feel.. I don't think he is as bad as what this season has been BUT I don't think he is good enough to take us forward.

:thup: As with all things, there is a middle-ground. Pardew is no Mourinho, nor is he a Megson.

At this stage I'd be happy to see a replacement come in if there is someone clearly superior lined up, but if he stays and we invest heavily in the summer, so be it.

He is in the same ball park as Megson. Negative tactics backed up with a cowardly outlook. Smacks of Megson to me.

Forget about finding a manager to challenge for the top 4, if we don't get rid of him now we'll be battling relegation next year. Fact is.. as a team we're non existent, we create fuck all, our players don't even move for each other.. it actually can't get much worse? People are honestly dreaming if they think we'll be mid table next year under this clown. If boswinga hadn't of fucked up today, we'd be down.. and that's how close it's come with this group of players.

For me personally, it's nothing to do with the media at all. Why would I care about that? It's about not being put through the constant managerial merry-go-round. Not that this season was free of stress, but the whole point is that you don't judge it based on one individual season.

Why would you care though? It's honestly never something that has bothered me in the slightest apart from when results/performances are affected. I was gutted when Hughton/Keegan left and dancing a jig when Souness went. The actual act of sacking someone who's not good enough is nothing to be concerned about. If it happened tomorrow it would be the highlight of the season.

Why would you care though? It's honestly never something that has bothered me in the slightest apart from when results/performances are affected. I was gutted when Hughton/Keegan left and dancing a jig when Souness went. The actual act of sacking someone who's not good enough is nothing to be concerned about. If it happened tomorrow it would be the highlight of the season.

Well results/performances are affected aren't they? That's the whole point. Obviously if I thought we could keep changing managers and constantly progress I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Obviously this whole argument is premised on what you think about Pardew. If you're 100% certain that he is a write-off then you would naturally want him sacked.

I'm all for the stability argument but I'd rather have successful stability than one that encompassed mediocrity and flirting with relegation. We've had a modicum of successful stability with Keegan and Bobby and for us to relive anything close to that means we must get rid of this clown.

Playing devil's advocate, but why would that viewpoint be staggeringly wrong? A drastic improvement on this season is probably possible, even with Pardew.

Such arrogance is unwarranted, considering you've been claiming we're 100% down for a while

I've been 100% right on Pardew from day one tbh.

And yes, drastic improvement is impossible because he's not going to change his footballing philosophy. He will always want to play long ball, negative stuff, and Graham Carr will always want to buy technical players who like to pass the ball.

Even an upturn in results I would not consider enough improvement. I do not go to the match to watch this utter dross, trying to get a goal lead and defend for dear life regardless of the opposition. It's pathetic and small time.

Well results/performances are affected aren't they? That's the whole point. Obviously if I thought we could keep changing managers and constantly progress I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Obviously this whole argument is premised on what you think about Pardew. If you're 100% certain that he is a write-off then you would naturally want him sacked.

Results/performances affected negatively I meant.

I thought that would be fairly self-explanatory. :rolleyes: