Pardew out? Cast your vote

Dr Venkman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would have fired him after the Reading match, and nothing has changed since.  The only players he seems to be easily capable of motivating are the opposition.  He is too scared of failure to set up a team to try and win, putting our players under pressure, and generally causing some of the most turgid displays of football I've ever seen from such a talented bunch of players.  This team deserves to be enjoying their football, but with him in charge for another year, I wouldn't be surpised to see half of them quit and start farming instead.

Had an argument with my dad about this today. He says that he is fed up of changing managers so frequently and thinks that we should keep Pardew in favour of 'stability'. He also, probably correctly, said that we'd just end up with someone even worse as Ashley needs a 'yes man'.

I obviously think this is mental and that we need a change, but I bet that there are a lot of older fans who have the above mentality.

Had an argument with my dad about this today. He says that he is fed up of changing managers so frequently and thinks that we should keep Pardew in favour of 'stability'. He also, probably correctly, said that we'd just end up with someone even worse as Ashley needs a 'yes man'.

I obviously think this is mental and that we need a change, but I bet that there are a lot of older fans who have the above mentality.

Stability argument only works if you don't believe we could attract anyone better than Pardew. I'm undecided on this tbh, the situation here is far from normal.

Guest firetotheworks

My flatmate would keep him because he's 'sick of chopping and changing managers'

It makes absolutely no sense.

Stability argument only works if you don't believe we could attract anyone better than Pardew. I'm undecided on this tbh, the situation here is far from normal.

My feeling as well really. I do have a lot of time for the stability argument as everyone knows, but at the same time if someone like Laudrup was available we would end up better off.

Depends on Mike Ashley's desire, and ability, to hire a top manager. Very uncertain.

To the 3 knackers that have voted no: Unless you've done that as some sort of awful joke, please explain your reasoning behind your decision.

By bet would be: mackem, didn't understand the poll, and Ian W :-)

To the 3 knackers that have voted no: Unless you've done that as some sort of awful joke, please explain your reasoning behind your decision.

Never gets old that.

Never gets old that.

What the mackem bit ?

Never gets old that.

What the mackem bit ?

You know, you cheeky scamp.

Never gets old that.

Just out of interest, what did you go for? If you voted at all that is.

Never gets old that.

I haven't voted yet, so many unknowns. As I said on the previous page, I have time for the stability argument but also looking more and more doubtful that Pardew is going to generate another successful season.

FWIW I think his genuine ability is somewhere in between the last two seasons. He's not as bad as everyone thinks, but he has lacked the ability to turn this season around.

If he was sacked I wouldn't be sad about it.

I said a while back that if we kept him next year we'd have a really mediocre season, in other words waste time but not have the worry of relegation again.

I take that back, I think we're in massive trouble if we keep him after what we've seen in recent weeks.  Didn't actually realise he was quite this inept.

Still think the nutcases running the show will think they're doing a lot right off the pitch while being let down on it though.  If he stays then I'll be quite perplexed, it's clear as day that we'd enter the new season under a cloud of hopelessness and negativity if we didn't make the change.

I'd like to know who voted yes and why? Mainly just because I cannot fathom a single reason he deserves to stay??

A mate of mine who's an avid supporter said to me yesterday he shouldn't be sacked, when I asked him why he just reeled off one of Pardews post match excuse lists. I really wonder if he has some kind of hypnotising power, it's like he's brainwashed a generation!!

Never gets old that.

I haven't voted yet, so many unknowns. As I said on the previous page, I have time for the stability argument but also looking more and more doubtful that Pardew is going to generate another successful season.

FWIW I think his genuine ability is somewhere in between the last two seasons. He's not as bad as everyone thinks, but he has lacked the ability to turn this season around.

If he was sacked I wouldn't be sad about it.

Aye, exactly how I feel.. I don't think he is as bad as what this season has been BUT I don't think he is good enough to take us forward.