Pardew out? Cast your vote

Dr Venkman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It would be interesting to hear what rationale any of the 33 have for keeping the guy, come on mods lets name and shame them, I'm sure you could if you wanted too :)

I would be interested to hear some justification from the 'No-ers'. I've suggested we persist with him for longer than most, but I'm past defending him now. I can only assume it's as Shearer put it in The Sun the other day - he's still got enough credit in the bank from last season. Which was kinda my viewpoint till after the Mackems/Liverpool fiasco.

It would be interesting to hear what rationale any of the 33 have for keeping the guy, come on mods lets name and shame them, I'm sure you could if you wanted too :)

I would be interested to hear some justification from the 'No-ers'. I've suggested we persist with him for longer than most, but I'm past defending him now. I can only assume it's as Shearer put it in The Sun the other day - he's still got enough credit in the bank from last season. Which was kinda my viewpoint till after the Mackems/Liverpool fiasco.

That's how I was, very similar to yourself. The derby debacle and then the capitulation against Liverpool which topped the derby result was the final big one for me. There's something chronically wrong going on.

It's gone beyond any rational debate; you don't need to pick apart the intricacies of the problems and attest it to certain individuals. Anyone who knows football knows that you simply don't just recover from this sort of season - it's done, you're gone. We're not going to finish in the top 6 with him again, which is by no means beyond the capabilities of this squad. It really does depend on whether the board are arsed about reaching those heights again, or just ticking over raking in the TV cash. It's undoubtedly the latter imo, which is why I still can't see him getting the boot until it's already too late.

I started off hating the decision to bring this guy in, then he slowly won me over but since the woeful November run I've been pretty much anti Pardew. I could however understand people wanting to stick with him up until April, but the defeats at Man Shitty, against the Mackems, 2nd half versus Brom and of course the Liverpool game, I find it extremely hard to get my head around anyone who has any kind of affection for the club wanting to give this guy anymore time.

Guest TheGreatBeardo

I voted to keep him because I think the whole thing about him having lost the support of the players is probably bullshit and we have left it too late to replace him now. If he goes now then we will have Carver till the end of the season. I don't think Carver would get us playing any better, but it could possibly make things worse. I think he should be replaced in the summer though.

To be honest, I'm not sure whether I have spectacularly misinterpreted the question, because I do want him out, just not with only three games to go.

It's a damning representation that the only people who have admitted to voting no are the ones with some kind of clicking disorder/Parkinson's/to pissed to click straight and anyone who genuinely clicked no hasn't voiced an opinion. Indefensible and probably just WUM's.

I think you may have got a less landslide result if you polled "who likes tits?"

It's a damning representation that the only people who have admitted to voting no are the ones with some kind of clicking disorder/Parkinson's/to p*ssed to click straight and anyone who genuinely clicked no hasn't voiced an opinion. Indefensible and probably just WUM's.

I think you may have got a less landslide result if you polled "who likes tits?"

I just voted no, for obvious reasons.

I voted to keep him because I think the whole thing about him having lost the support of the players is probably bullshit and we have left it too late to replace him now. If he goes now then we will have Carver till the end of the season. I don't think Carver would get us playing any better, but it could possibly make things worse. I think he should be replaced in the summer though.

To be honest, I'm not sure whether I have spectacularly misinterpreted the question, because I do want him out, just not with only three games to go.

I was expecting a few of the 33 to go down the line of "Too late to change anything now", I would point to the Mackems though to an example of why you should. If the new guy won 2 of 3 in the honeymoon period, like Di Facisto did then we would be playing PL football next season. However I do agree, that putting Carver in charge for those last 3 games would be suicidal. If we make a change we need a new man in place ASAP, just like the Mackems did.

Guest TheGreatBeardo

I was expecting a few of the 33 to go down the line of "Too late to change anything now", I would point to the Mackems though to an example of why you should. If the new guy won 2 of 3 in the honeymoon period, like Di Facisto did then we would be playing PL football next season. However I do agree, that putting Carver in charge for those last 3 games would be suicidal. If we make a change we need a new man in place ASAP, just like the Mackems did.

We aren't going to get anyone decent now though. De Canio has done what was required of him, but I am very dubious that it will work out well in the long run. Also, you don't always get a new boss bounce, and I am one of the few who thinks that we are pretty safe and Wigan are doomed. Which is why I would rather wait till the summer when we can get a significant upgrade.

We aren't going to get anyone decent now though. De Canio has done what was required of him, but I am very dubious that it will work out well in the long run. Also, you don't always get a new boss bounce, and I am one of the few who thinks that we are pretty safe and Wigan are doomed. Which is why I would rather wait till the summer when we can get a significant upgrade.

If we are safe then we should still get rid of him anyway, at least we could then have some hope of getting something from a game.

Guest TheGreatBeardo

If we are safe then we should still get rid of him anyway, at least we could then have some hope of getting something from a game.

If we are safe we should get rid of him now rather than the summer?

Edit: What would be the point of that? it would likely just increase his compensation package.

If you think we are safe, first of all congratulations because you have a hell of a lot more faith in the team than I do, but also I get where you are coming from that waiting till it's all over will give us more choice. But also understand Mick's point, if you think we are safe then what harm is it leaving it to Carver for 3 games ?

Edit: What would be the point of that? it would likely just increase his compensation package.

The quicker he goes the better and I don't see how getting rid of the fraud sooner rather than later will help his compensation claim which will be fixed anyway.

Guest TheGreatBeardo

The quicker he goes the better and I don't see how getting rid of the fraud sooner rather than later will help his compensation claim which will be fixed anyway.

Im not sure it will be fixed. His whole contract is supposed to be highly incentivised and I would expect the compensation to be part of that.

Im not sure it will be fixed. His whole contract is supposed to be highly incentivised and I would expect the compensation to be part of that.

Do you really think that they were clever enough to put a clause in the contract of Keegan and stupid enough not to for Pardew?  Not a chance.

The 35 must be Benedict Arnolds at this point.  I'm not going to jump on people that defended him past January.  But to defend him now, as we stare straight into the abyss that he marched us toward, is madness.  Either that, or some people on here seriously get off on stapling their nutsack to their thigh.

His negativity and his cowardice are stifling us, I just feel that without him, the manacles would be released and with Carver or whoever taking temporary charge, the team could be unleashed in a manner befitting their obvious qualities.

Guest neesy111

Has a caretaker manager ever done well for us?

http://www.footballaudio.com/podcasts/194/1147251669749glenn-roeder-100506.jpg

Guest neesy111

Was going to say Pearson but I think I'm basing that on nothing at all. Seemed to be a good coach though.

Pearson. :lol:

Drew 1-1 with Watford and lost 6-0 at Old Trafford.