FA Cup 3rd round draw - Birmingham City away

Leazes1986

Don't get me wrong... i absolutely love the FA Cup. Not for any one particular reason, i just love the FA Cup weekends. And, deep down, i'd much rather see Newcastle win the Cup than the Premier League - but then i suppose i'm a little ignorant as i wasn't really old enough to understand the EPL heartbreak of 95/96. But, i really can't be bothered watching us waste our time with the FA Cup. We haven't got a cat in hell's chance of winning it and whenever we come up against a top side, and i'm talking a lot of years going back, we always get mullered.

We could go on a great run, beat some good teams, and get Man Utd or Arsenal in the semis and be crushed. As usual.

I'd much rather we went hell for leather in the Carling Cup - a competition that we are actually capable of winning. We knock out Chelsea in that, and we're in with a good shout. But the FA Cup? Nah. It's over before it's already started... and that's how it's been since 1955.

Our game has got banana skin written all over it. Sheffield Wednesday away, they've really run into some form of late and our away (ahem) "form" is somewhat patchy...

Worried. Was hoping for Tamworth at home.

Birmingham will definetly be a threat too. They might be a bit shite but unlike last season they'll have confidence. They should make a game of it and it will be interesting to see if this Bentder(?) guy plays and how he does.

PS: Alan Ball. This man once claimed that Martin Phillips would be the first £10m player, swapped Paul Walsh for Gerry Creaney and oversaw the playing it into the corners even when we needed to score again to stay up debacle. Good grief.

Our game has got banana skin written all over it. Sheffield Wednesday away, they've really run into some form of late and our away (ahem) "form" is somewhat patchy

Not patchy enough for my liking

*stroppy face*

Our game has got banana skin written all over it. Sheffield Wednesday away, they've really run into some form of late and our away (ahem) "form" is somewhat patchy

*stroppy face*

Heh, our form only becomes "patchy" when we make the trip to Villa Park....Everyone else beats the fook out of us. That Olaf Mellberg voodoo doll was the best fiver I've ever spent  bluebiggrin.gif

PS: Good luck in the cup mate  :thup:  :lol:

*stroppy face*

Heh, our form only becomes "patchy" when we make the trip to Villa Park....Everyone else beats the fook out of us. That Olaf Mellberg voodoo doll was the best fiver I've ever spent bluebiggrin.gif

PS: Good luck in the cup mate :thup: :lol:

Cheers, mate.

What made it gutting was that i *knew* Darius would score against us, yet resisted the temptation to put money on it. Fair play to him for the total lack of celebration, though, he's a good lad Darius and was treated shittily by O'Dreary, he deserves all the success he gets.

*stroppy face*

Heh, our form only becomes "patchy" when we make the trip to Villa Park....Everyone else beats the fook out of us. That Olaf Mellberg voodoo doll was the best fiver I've ever spent bluebiggrin.gif

PS: Good luck in the cup mate :thup: :lol:

Cheers, mate.

What made it gutting was that i *knew* Darius would score against us, yet resisted the temptation to put money on it. Fair play to him for the total lack of celebration, though, he's a good lad Darius and was treated shittily by O'Dreary, he deserves all the success he gets.

Was reading a couple of Villa forums after the game and there did seem to be a lot of love for him (As well as a fair bit of lament for the man who DO'L essentially paid £4m and Vass for, Baros). I'm not suprised, Vassell is one of my favourite players nowadays. Not only does he always put in a good shift, he never moans about playing out of position, and played with a hernia for the 2nd half of last season. Top, top bloke. He's not top class but with his athletism and attitude he's just the sort of player teams at our level need and looking back I'm suprised you let him go. One of DO'L's many failings I guess - He really came across poorly when he was there (constantly seemed to be talking your club down) so I'm not suprised players went stale under him. A shame for Vass really, as much as I like him playing for City, I think the difference between his enthusiastic celebrations of last season compared to the more respectful ones of last week say a lot about his feelings for the club (As well as its previous manager). If it was up to him I could certainly see him playing for Villa again in the future.

Guest Ridzuan

I dont think it will be an easy game for us as well especially with Birmingham playing at home.They are flying high in the Championship but I think we can get a win over them,that if we can keep our current players fit from now till the time of the match.Arsenal v Liverpool should be a good match to watch but I particularly like Cardiff at home to Spurs.Hope they will put Spurs out of the cup early.

I still remember the LC losses at St. Andrews. I predict we'll lose 2-1, there will be dodgy decisions going against us and we'll have our keeper sent off.

In other optimistic news I say Chopra with a hattrick against the Spurs...  :cool:

Birmingham will definitely be no walk in the park with the way this team manages to underachieve to new lows

True, and while things have stabilised at merely dreadful, 9 goals in 13 games is abysmal by anyones standards.

But if the scores are still level at HT, then I confidently predict a 2-0 win for us.

Anyone know when the telly games are announced or if they have been announced who is on? Reckon i might make a rare appearance at an away game for this one. Although IIRC Brum is canny expensive is it not?

Anyone know when the telly games are announced or if they have been announced who is on? Reckon i might make a rare appearance at an away game for this one. Although IIRC Brum is canny expensive is it not?

They charged us 45 quid to sit in their away end last season. Expect to get similarly fleeced.

should be cheaper if its an FA cup game though. Anyone got any idea how many seats we will get? No doubt they will fill their bit for this one

Last season, when we played Brum in the FA Cup quarter final - they allocated almost 4,000 tickets, and I do believe the tickets where a heck of a lot cheaper than for the league game!! (IE about £25 quids instead of £40+).

But our game was midweek - due to the fixtures-jam last year with the World Cup coming up. So that may have had some influence on how Birmingham priced it.