Do we deserve to go down?

Guest ItalianMagpie

Guest ItalianMagpie

Obviously hoping that somehow we won't, but I was thinking that all in all we would deserve it tbh: absolute lack of offensive tactics and ideas, total lack of skills and schemes on set pieces, shocking away record, hard and frustrating struggle in every single game without a single comfortable win the whole season (bar Wigan at home, but the ref helped us consistently), desperate need of random individual skills to win easy games AT HOME (away from home we just don't win), the most defensive tactics I've ever seen and more often than not shocking subs/starting XI by the man at the helm, who's clearly insisting on the wrong players (Tiote and Jonas ffs...) since the beginning of the season and has clearly lost the players.

Excluding Reading and QPR (who WILL go down, anyway) I honestly struggle to find another team in the same situation and with the same problems of absolute voidness, so I think we'll go down and more importantly that we all in all deserve to do so, which is embarassing and disgraceful for a club like this and with the players we have.

Obviously hoping that somehow we won't, but I was thinking that all in all we would deserve it tbh: absolute lack of offensive tactics and ideas, total lack of skills and schemes on set pieces, shocking away record, hard and frustrating struggle in every single game without a single comfortable win the whole season (bar Wigan at home, but the ref helped us consistently), desperate need of random individual skills to win easy games AT HOME (away from home we just don't win), the most defensive tactics I've ever seen and more often than not shocking subs/starting XI by the man at the helm, who's clearly insisting on the wrong players (Tiote and Jonas ffs...) since the beginning of the season and has clearly lost the players.

Excluding Reading and QPR (who WILL go down, anyway) I honestly struggle to find another team in the same situation and with the same problems of absolute voidness, so I think we'll go down and more importantly that we all in all deserve to do so, which is embarassing and disgraceful for a club like this and with the players we have.

The teams with the least points at the end of the season deserve to go down. End of thread.

If we do end up in the bottom three on the last day then yes.  We are a fucking desperate shambles and have barely played as a team all season, failing to control a match.

I would go as far to say that we are the least entertaining, and probably the worst side in the league and have sullied the good name of mind-numbing long ball football

Guest ItalianMagpie

If we finish in the bottom three, then yes.  Not really hard to work out is it.

We might not finish in the bottom three. Which wouldn't change the fact that we'd deserve to, imho.

If we finish in the bottom three, then yes.  Not really hard to work out is it.

We might not finish in the bottom three. Which wouldn't change the fact that we'd deserve to, imho.

You deserve to go down if you're one of the three worst teams in the league, at the moment that's slightly debatable depending on what Wigan & Villa do.

If we're the 4th or 5th worst team then as shit as we've been, we don't deserve to go down.

The teams with the least points at the end of the season deserve to go down. End of thread.

Solved. Currently: no.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Thank fuck for that goal off Cisse's arse against WBA eh. Those 2 points giving us a glimmer of hope.

Guest bimpy474

The fact we constantly moan on about officials and have a massive thread on it suggests differently like. No?

Not that I think we've been harshly done to or anything.

Every team can do that though, for it to be accurate you would need to look at every incident in all their games too.

Guest bimpy474

To an extent the club does because the ownership clearly hasn't learnt a thing from 2009. Pretty poetic that Jonas is still starting games 4 years later and Shola is still Plan B. No ambition.

Surely Jonas starting is more a Pardew thing this season than the ones before. Marv, Hatem, even Shane should have been in ahead of him. Get your basic point though.

To an extent the club does because the ownership clearly hasn't learnt a thing from 2009. Pretty poetic that Jonas is still starting games 4 years later and Shola is still Plan B. No ambition.

Surely Jonas starting is more a Pardew thing this season than the ones before. Marv, Hatem, even Shane should have been in ahead of him. Get your basic point though.

Talking of Shane (and Sammy) - available for the last two games?

Guest bimpy474

Talking of Shane (and Sammy) - available for the last two games?

I would think so, no play offs.

Literary self-flagellation.