Do we deserve to go down?

Guest ItalianMagpie

Thank f*** for that goal off Cisse's arse against WBA eh. Those 2 points giving us a glimmer of hope.

To be fair the whole season has been a mixed bag of marginal incidents such as the above. Could also point to Cisse's wrongly ruled out goal against the mackems, as well as Wigan's last minute handball winner, Ba's handball away at Reading, horrendous officiating away at Everton etc...All decisions which contributed towards or conspired against us getting/losing points.

On the whole though I'd say we've been unlucky especially with the injury situation on top of the above.

Guest ItalianMagpie

As bad as we have been those below us after the 38th game will have been worse, if there are only 2 then yes. Any more then no.

I'm not with you on this one. It's not always that simple, not in football. Wigan, for example, have been extremely unlucky with both City and Spurs, and they are generally playing pretty well even if they're not picking up as many points as they could have. Norwich are hard to beat, Soton play well and are basically safe, the mackems are winning difficult games and will be fine, even Stoke and Villa are fighting and getting results (and not only at home, like us).

We are just awful, keep playing a shit fooball and keep getting thrashed everywhere.

I feel sorry for the city of Newcastle, and their loyal fans, because I know that Newcastle United F.C. means a lot to them. I also feel it's too harsh too say Newcastle deserve to go down. Any loyal fan, no matter how upset you might be, would not want their team relegated.

Last time Newcastle got relegated, they did not lose a lot of the squad, and therefore was able to secure promotion the following season. IF history repeats itself,  chances are Newcastle's going to stay in the Championship for a while. Unlike last time, most first team players would want out, and a lot of them are easy targets for any EPL side that can provide Champ. league or EL.

If anything, I was very surprised when Mike Ashley replaced Chris Hughton with Alan Pardew, claiming it to be a step forward. And with a lot of luck, season 11/12 was quite a step forward. However failing to take advantage of the huge success in 11/12 has proven to be nothing short of disastrous. This is just yet another Mike Ashley gamble about to fail miserably.

As a former obsessed supporter, I decided to withdraw to a more passive supporter at the end of last season, as I never had any confidence Mike Ashley, and the little hope I had of ever becoming a great side, has proven to be further away than I could ever imagine. 

I guess when you fill your squad with a lot of talent players, with a great potensial, and you sell them lies, at the end of the day your gonna get one hell of a dissatisfied group of players. Most of them were recognized as good footballers before they joined Newcastle, and those who were unknown, got themselves a name last season.

They know they'll get sold one way or the other, why should they help Newcastle survive, if all they get is yet another season with empty promises, lies and risky gambling from Ashley? After all, both Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias has said that every player has his price. Newcastle is a selling club, and the shopping window was last season. The players have already proven their abilities.

So to answer the thread's question; Mike Ashley deserves anything thrown at him. It's essentially his club/company, so he's free to do whatever he wants. And that's what he does. Unfortunately it touches the heart, and feelings, of many many people.....

We definitely deserve to go down IMO, any side that goes out to stifle the opposition rather than play their own game to the extent we do deserves all they get.

I've been embarrassed at the vast majority of our performances this season, the football is straight from the dark ages.

Looking at our squad, no. Looking at our manager, yes. All the criticism of Pardew is totally justified but some of our players should be fucking off at the end of the season after consistently putting in some of the worst performances i've ever seen in black and white. I'm looking at Tiote and Jonas mainly, disgraceful this season. Might even throw Colo into that as his attitude has been very, very questionable.

Guest firetotheworks

We absolutely deserve to go down. We're absolutely fucking disgusting to watch and we play absolutely abhorrent football because of our despicable manager.

Need 3 points against QPR, a team already down, in order to almost surely ensure survival.

If you can't manage that, you deserve what you get.

All day this. Even though it will tight 40 points I think will be enough. We have to be able to beat QPR, every other fucking team practically has.

We deserve to go down for not trying to win.

Yep the same way we been playing all , season. 

If some neutral footy fan was forced to watch every toon game this season and we got relegated, he would say thank f*** they're gone.

Nah, he'd love us for the pure comedy we've served up this season, especially in the last two games.

Bet we get relegated off an own goal against Arsenal or something equally shit.

Need 3 points against QPR, a team already down, in order to almost surely ensure survival.

All day this. Even though it will tight 40 points I think will be enough. We have to be able to beat QPR, every other f***ing team practically has.

Practically every other team has beaten Reading too, but it didn't stop us losing to them on our own patch.....

All day this. Even though it will tight 40 points I think will be enough. We have to be able to beat QPR, every other f***ing team practically has.

Practically every other team has beaten Reading too, but it didn't stop us losing to them on our own patch.....

That fucking game man, just thinking about it makes me want to punch something. That game could not have typified Pardew's reign any better - play well and score first, then bring everyone back to our half to "protect the lead" and lose 2-1 anyway.

Guest Phil K

We don't - 3rd biggest attendance and all that - but those running the club do, and a high percentage of the players do, too

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

You can win a KO competition by being average and grinding draws but it's unlikely you'll win anything by doing the same thing in a league format. Even the runins even themselves out for every team during the season so as the saying goes "the league table never lies"  :lol:

As a former obsessed supporter, I decided to withdraw to a more passive supporter at the end of last season

Please explain how you achieved this ?

I've been trying to become a more sane, rational person where NUFC is concerned for decades, without any success whatsoever  :)

As a former obsessed supporter, I decided to withdraw to a more passive supporter at the end of last season

Please explain how you achieved this ?

I've been trying to become a more sane, rational person where NUFC is concerned for decades, without any success whatsoever  :)

Try thinking of Ashley and Llambias trousering your hard-earned dosh...and Pardew being paid with it...