QPR vs Newcastle Utd - 12/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV) - a win confirms safety

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We looked more solid at the back because of Colo, not because of Simpson.

I think this too, but you have also remember than Saylor and Debuch haven't really had the best communications defensively. But for me it should be a no brainer to start Debuchy against QPR, if we win I wouldn't mind playing Simpson maybe against Arsenal if we want to be defensive to not concede too many. We have to give it a go at QPR and attack them, Benny & Debuch offensively seems magical.

If Mapou's playing, then we could actually afford to have Debuchy providing his more wing-back style as (hopefully) common sense would say the entire back line sort of shifts a bit to handle for Debuchy being further up the pitch with Saylor moving more to cover for MD, Colo shifts more to the right and Mapou shifts as well.

But honestly, Simpson looked good - I think MD would be fine to just curtail some of his forward runs as much.

Dread to think of the situation if we were to go 1-0 up.......................and then see Pardew calling the players to retreat to defend that lead for the rest of the matc :lol: :rant:

Yeah but we can defend that 18 yard line like no other team.

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2013/04/09/1226615/489158-north-korean-army-kicking.gif

Stay in formation !

I think Debuchy is overall a far better player than Simpson but as things stand we seem to defend much better as a unit with Simpson there so I wouldn't be too disappointed if he keeps his place.

Last 5 league games with Simpson in the side.

West Ham : 0-0

Fulham : 1-0

Man City : 0-4

Arsenal : 3-7

Man Utd : 3-4

Amazing what two games and a dozen games out can do for a reputation. :lol:

Said it ages ago, people don't mind him when he doesn't play very much.

Guest bimpy474

I'm so pessimistic about this game, i just worry so much about what Pardew will say and how he will get the team to approach it. I've got to the point where i think the only way for us to win it, is for the team to play their own game and win it despite him not because of him.

No manager should ever make a fan feel that way.

I'm so pessimistic about this game, i just worry so much about what Pardew will say and how he will get the team to approach it. I've got to the point where i think the only way for us to win it, is for the team to play their own game and win it despite him not because of him.

No manager should ever make a fan feel that way.

Could someone not hack his email account and send abusive emails to someone/anyone and get him banned to the stands for a couple of weeks.  Just imagine.....no half-time Pardew team talks! :frantic:

Guest bimpy474

Bimpy, put the razor blades away, man. Jesus. :lol:

Got a point haven't i though, how defeatist sounding is he. He talks up losing before we play, well the excuses that no longer wash. That must filter through into the team and the way we have played i think it almost certainly has.

I hate the fucker, he really is useless and i can't stand to see that man in our dugout.