Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest neesy111

Sad state of affairs. Another nail in the coffin regarding fans.

How?

It's still available online.  It's just the way the media world is moving to.

Guest Howaythetoon

How?

Its sad in many ways. I used to love grabbing a copy for train journeys etc. and while the internet is great for articles and such I still personally enjoy reading something tangible and not just digitally all the time. Its also sad because quite clearly the just cannot justify going to print in terms of costs etc. Another thing, other clubs don't seem to have problems publishing fanzines.

Mag seemed to be saying their production costs were going to go through the roof in coming weeks, perhaps it is the same? Sad times though I agree. I would imagine the published article reaches way more matchgoing and 'involved' fans than an internet site.

:( Only read the odd one these days, but still pretty devastated.  Grew up reading them, I used to sell them outside the ground as well.  Had a few articles published in The Mag when I was about 16 and I was beyond chuffed.

How?

Its sad in many ways. I used to love grabbing a copy for train journeys etc. and while the internet is great for articles and such I still personally enjoy reading something tangible and not just digitally all the time. Its also sad because quite clearly the just cannot justify going to print in terms of costs etc. Another thing, other clubs don't seem to have problems publishing fanzines.

Other clubs can fuck off. There's nothing better than the Newcastle United way.

How?

Plenty of people still like reading something tangible like a magazine, newspaper or a book.

I can't be fucked with Kindles etc for example. Can't see myself ever preferring them over an actual book.

I used to buy The Mag and TF religiously for a while but eventually I just found that they dated too quickly. I would buy one before a game and by the time I actually opened it, it was out of date, and where I just wanted to read about issues created by whatever had happened on the pitch that day, I was reading about stuff that had happened weeks ago. It was fighting a losing battle against this place where I can read interesting stuff immediately from people whose views I respect and can engage with. I think forums are the modern fanzines more than digital versions of the traditional ones, although I do still read those regularly.