Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

just flew back from majorca yesterday into newcastle airport - prominent NUFC advertising hoardings one with sissoko, one krul and the other showing gini.

Like the NUFC calendar your gran gets you every christmas. Someone on there is getting sold in January :lol:

He did get a Croatian passport so he could move to Dortmund before 18, so I guess you're excused.

Don't want to get too bold here, but with him and a lot of our other top prospects, we could be pretty good in 5-7 years

:spit: / :yao:

you'll never be good unless your country significantly changes it's  attitude to the sport

He did get a Croatian passport so he could move to Dortmund before 18, so I guess you're excused.

Don't want to get too bold here, but with him and a lot of our other top prospects, we could be pretty good in 5-7 years

you'll never be good unless your country significantly changes it's  attitude to the sport

We could be plenty good in spite of that.

That apostrophe is a fucking abomination. Spacing and non-capitalisation also. Fuck, I'm such a pedant. :lol:

We could be plenty good in spite of that.

Aye you've arl been saying that for about twenty years now. No chance.

With the best athletes in the world, massive investment, and massive immigration from football-playing nations, the US will only continue to improve, tbh, regardless of any attitude towards it. Though I do question how much better their results will actually be. In my opinion, the US actually massively overachieves at this point. Despite a fairly lacklustre player set, they rubbish the the terrible teams in CONCACAF, compete with Mexico (who have far superior players), and make the knockout rounds of the World Cup. Unless you are on the level of Germany, I don't understand what else you will be doing out of North America. :lol:

Lots of talk that Aymeric Laporte is going to switch to Spain. That would be a huge boost to our CB options, which aren't too good after Piqué/Ramos. I'm actually really surprised Laporte doesn't have a single France cap at this point, he's class.

Would have gone to the Euros if not for the injury. Though it's Deschamps so probably not...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/05/paul-scholes-non-league-football-premier-league

You hear about people saying English football’s the best football there is around. I think Spain’s by far the best league. Germany has better teams. In Italy probably the strength in depth isn’t great. They talk about Italy being a bad league but I don’t think English people look at it. They say it’s boring. No chance. The Juventus team would beat any team in this league. They came up to Manchester City and beat them easy. But we have this interpretation of the Italian league that it’s rubbish. They only try to defend. No chance.

:thup: A little hard to read at times but agree with all of it, apart from enjoying non-league football.