Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

He's so bad that it's just too obvious to take the piss out of him anymore, or to question why a man with that level of intellect is a journalist. Most on here could do his job 100 times better than him and one of us should.

Looks like Vermaelen will go under the knife and I'm starting to believe he won't play this season :lol:

Man, Zubizarreta didn't have enough being useless as a keeper; he had to come back to Barça and be useless as DoF, too.

Shame for him, but not sure if he's better than either Alba or Mathieu on the left (despite the latter only being able to run 5km a game). I do wonder now with Alba, if Barcelona wouldn't be better off getting a steady more defensive right-back (the Abidal type) and play like under Pep with Dani and Abidal but with Alba as the offensive one.

Looks like Vermaelen will go under the knife and I'm starting to believe he won't play this season :lol:

Man, Zubizarreta didn't have enough being useless as a keeper; he had to come back to Barça and be useless as DoF, too.

Shame for him, but not sure if he's better than either Alba or Mathieu on the left (despite the latter only being able to run 5km a game). I do wonder now with Alba, if Barcelona wouldn't be better off getting a steady more defensive right-back (the Abidal type) and play like under Pep with Dani and Abidal but with Alba as the offensive one.

That would be my choice too, Alba actually has slowly been getting back to a decentish form after a terrible last season (still nowhere near the player he was during his first season with us), and given the way we play now, two offensive FBs seems a bit suicidal.

Renovation? So they are not going ahead with the New Mestalla?

They reportedly will, but it looks like it will still take a few years, and their current stadium was in dire need of a makeover (which they had been putting off, as they expected to move to the new one).

Renovation? So they are not going ahead with the New Mestalla?

They reportedly will, but it looks like it will still take a few years, and their current stadium was in dire need of a makeover (which they had been putting off, as they expected to move to the new one).

I read somewhere that they needed to restart the work by the end of 2015 at the Nou Mestella otherwise the concrete would no longer be good enough to build on.

Either way the old Mestella needed some desperate work anyway.  Looked like shit (but class at the same time) when I went.

Valencia is one of the best stadiums I've been to like. Defo top 5.

Watched a Valencia 1-5 Real Madrid game there a couple of years ago.

Very steep stairs but a very nice feeling to the stadium, had a really good time before and after the game.

Valencia is one of the best stadiums I've been to like. Defo top 5.

Watched a Valencia 1-5 Real Madrid game there a couple of years ago.

Very steep stairs but a very nice feeling to the stadium, had a really good time before and after the game.

I was there for a 0-2 loss v Barcelona (Ronaldinho and Etho'o if memory serves). Loved the ground, hated the racism of their fans.

Valencia are finishing Mestalla's renovation ahead of the Valencia-Barça game in the weekend:

http://fotos02.levante-emv.com/2013/07/22/646x260/mestalla-murcielago.jpg

http://estaticos.elmundo.es/assets/multimedia/imagenes/2014/11/24/14168260232072.jpg

Closest La Liga team to where my parents live. Will have to pay a visit.

:lol: :lol:

A friendly between ex-Brazilian and ex-Argentinian players was played yesterday in Natal. Athirson and Mancuso two ex-players were responsible for picking teams. The promoters advertised that Caniggia was going to play and starting the game and it wasn't until a bit into the national anthems that they realized it wasn't really Caniggia who was there, but his ''twin'' ex-Newcastle player Daniel Cordone. Mancuso had then to in half-time explain himself and explain why he didn't show up and whether it was a trick to get more people to watch (10k paid to watch the game), while doing this he also had to explain who Daniel Cordone.

:lol: :lol:

A friendly between ex-Brazilian and ex-Argentinian players was played yesterday in Natal. Athirson and Mancuso two ex-players were responsible for picking teams. The promoters advertised that Caniggia was going to play and starting the game and it wasn't until a bit into the national anthems that they realized it wasn't really Caniggia who was there, but his ''twin'' ex-Newcastle player Daniel Cordone. Mancuso had then to in half-time explain himself and explain why he didn't show up and whether it was a trick to get more people to watch (10k paid to watch the game), while doing this he also had to explain who Daniel Cordone.

:lol: I particularly like that the sentence didn't have to end with is or was. Didn't he have metal welded to his ears or something? I'm sure I saw him score at the Leazes End and stick his belly out and rub it. We've had some dodgy players over the years. :lol: