Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Le Tissier hardly celebrated as well.  Used to just walk away grinning.

Probably thinking how funny it was that he'd not trained all week and yet was still picked and scoring. Wish his talent had gone to someone else.

Le Tissier hardly celebrated as well.  Used to just walk away grinning.

Probably thinking how funny it was that he'd not trained all week and yet was still picked and scoring. Wish his talent had gone to someone else.

Yes because I'm sure that he never practised as a child and instead just was born a great footballer

Who suggested otherwise? Le Tissier's talent should be discussed on the same level as Bergkamp's. Instead he's remembered for being a lazy bloke who never made it for England while scoring a few incredible goals that kept Southampton from going down. Real waste.

While that's true, it was also the limit of his ambition, too. He played as the number 10 for his favourite team for the better part of 15 years - some might say he had a dream career... Imagine if he was at a club that cashed in on his talent, and he went to a club that demanded more of him - and instead of stepping up he got on the sauce or quit playing altogether...?

He did - they were linked with a £10 million move, around the same time as we bought Shearer.

Le Tissier played for the team he supported, all of his career. How many of us would do that for Newcastle - at the cost of winning medals? I know I would!

He did - they were linked with a £10 million move, around the same time as we bought Shearer.

Le Tissier played for the team he supported, all of his career. How many of us would do that for Newcastle - at the cost of winning medals? I know I would!

Seconded :thup: