Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

:lol: funny reading back the comments immediately after the kick, makes Shearer sound like a monster:

England captain Alan Shearer is waiting to see if he will be punished for kicking Leicester City's Neil Lennon in the face.

The Newcastle United striker apologised for the incident in a league game at Filbert Street on April 29, saying he never meant to harm Lennon, who suffered a cut and bruising to his face.

Referee Martin Bodenham took no action, prompting complaints from Leicester manager Martin O'Neill.

But the English Football Association could still step in and hold an inquiry. An FA spokesman said it was waiting for Mr Bodenham's match report before taking any action.

Shearer could be banned but any suspension would not come into effect until after the FA Cup final between Newcastle and Arsenal on May 16.

The striker said TV pictures made the kick appear worse than it was. "I was brought down by Neil Lennon and we both fell clumsily," he said.

"As I tried to get to my feet I had to really tug my left foot free and the momentum of doing this looked on television liked a kick.

"It certainly wasn't and the fact that Neil is virtually unmarked confirms this. If I did accidentally catch him, I certainly did not mean to. I would never try and deliberately hurt a fellow professional."

An outraged O'Neill declined to file an official complaint to the FA. But he stormed: "You don't do that whether you are Alan Shearer or the Pope.

"I said my piece after the game. The video evidence will prove it for itself."

Shearer's return from injury this year has been dogged by controversy.

Former Newcastle United directors Douglas Hall and Freddie Shepherd dubbed him "Mary Poppins" because of his apparent model behaviour.

But in February, Leeds' manager George Graham accused him of manhandling striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

And earlier in April Shearer came under fire after Newcastle met Tottenham Hotspur.

Spurs' manager Christian Gross said Shearer was responsible for breaking defender Ramon Vega's nose.

Gross added: "I cannot say if it was deliberate, but it was a heavy challenge. Shearer is a very physical player and a very clever player. He uses his body well and protects the ball very well."

:lol: funny reading back the comments immediately after the kick, makes Shearer sound like a monster:

England captain Alan Shearer is waiting to see if he will be punished for kicking Leicester City's Neil Lennon in the face.

The Newcastle United striker apologised for the incident in a league game at Filbert Street on April 29, saying he never meant to harm Lennon, who suffered a cut and bruising to his face.

Referee Martin Bodenham took no action, prompting complaints from Leicester manager Martin O'Neill.

But the English Football Association could still step in and hold an inquiry. An FA spokesman said it was waiting for Mr Bodenham's match report before taking any action.

Shearer could be banned but any suspension would not come into effect until after the FA Cup final between Newcastle and Arsenal on May 16.

The striker said TV pictures made the kick appear worse than it was. "I was brought down by Neil Lennon and we both fell clumsily," he said.

"As I tried to get to my feet I had to really tug my left foot free and the momentum of doing this looked on television liked a kick.

"It certainly wasn't and the fact that Neil is virtually unmarked confirms this. If I did accidentally catch him, I certainly did not mean to. I would never try and deliberately hurt a fellow professional."

An outraged O'Neill declined to file an official complaint to the FA. But he stormed: "You don't do that whether you are Alan Shearer or the Pope.

"I said my piece after the game. The video evidence will prove it for itself."

Shearer's return from injury this year has been dogged by controversy.

Former Newcastle United directors Douglas Hall and Freddie Shepherd dubbed him "Mary Poppins" because of his apparent model behaviour.

But in February, Leeds' manager George Graham accused him of manhandling striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

And earlier in April Shearer came under fire after Newcastle met Tottenham Hotspur.

Spurs' manager Christian Gross said Shearer was responsible for breaking defender Ramon Vega's nose.

Gross added: "I cannot say if it was deliberate, but it was a heavy challenge. Shearer is a very physical player and a very clever player. He uses his body well and protects the ball very well."

Lennon headbutted Shearer's boot tbf...

Just this first line is brilliant. :lol: :lol: