Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

He's not wrong though.

True but he was so close to saying something and just leaving it there. :lol:

The Bible is the greatest work of fiction ever, and people have lived there lives by it - f***ing mental man, especially when logical people believe that God etc exists and Jesus wasn't just a scruffy tramp who told lies.

Im catholic but consider myself a non-believer, although I will let my Daughter believe in god as long as she believes in Santa and Easter Bunny

You can't be a catholic and a non-believer. You can say you were raised catholic but you aren't one now if your a non-believer. It's like my friend who says he doesn't believe in god but is christian because he got christened when he was a baby. That means f*** all, it's to do with your own beliefs not how you were raised.

Thats what I mean, I was christened a catholic, brought up a catholic and married in a catholic church but don't believe in any of it

Tom Daley came out and it was a massive shock to everyone.

It really shouldn't have been though :)

It shouldn't be a big stigma in this day and age but it is and a lot of lads banter can be around this topic. I'm not bothered unless they try to bum me tbh ;)

No it wasn't, just the media portrayed it as such. Everyone who saw him before he came out said he was gay.

:lol:

Do they not teach sarcasm at Cambridge?

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 7m

Thomas Hitzlsperger has shown a lot of courage today. Sad times when people have to wait till they retire from their chosen profession before the feel other people will judge them solely on who the human being is. Shame on all of us as a society.

Fair enough Joey, nice wo.....

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 3m

But it is understandable when brainwashed, religious zealots still believe in a fictional book written over 2000 yrs ago.

Oh, Joey! 

:facepalm:

Sounds like a 14 year old who has heard Richard Dawkins for the first time.

He's not wrong though.

True but he was so close to saying something and just leaving it there. :lol:

The Bible is the greatest work of fiction ever, and people have lived there lives by it - f***ing mental man, especially when logical people believe that God etc exists and Jesus wasn't just a scruffy tramp who told lies.

Im catholic but consider myself a non-believer, although I will let my Daughter believe in god as long as she believes in Santa and Easter Bunny

You can't be a catholic and a non-believer. You can say you were raised catholic but you aren't one now if your a non-believer. It's like my friend who says he doesn't believe in god but is christian because he got christened when he was a baby. That means f*** all, it's to do with your own beliefs not how you were raised.

Thats what I mean, I was christened a catholic, brought up a catholic and married in a catholic church but don't believe in any of it

So a social Catholic? I have a ton of friends like that who CBA about the whole religion thing anymore but enjoy the social aspect of it.  I suspect that attitude is spreading rapidly as well.

No it wasn't, just the media portrayed it as such. Everyone who saw him before he came out said he was gay.

:lol: Jeeeeeeesus.

The news knocked me for 6, it's always the ones you least expect.

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 7m

Thomas Hitzlsperger has shown a lot of courage today. Sad times when people have to wait till they retire from their chosen profession before the feel other people will judge them solely on who the human being is. Shame on all of us as a society.

Fair enough Joey, nice wo.....

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 3m

But it is understandable when brainwashed, religious zealots still believe in a fictional book written over 2000 yrs ago.

Oh, Joey! 

:facepalm:

Sounds like a 14 year old who has heard Richard Dawkins for the first time.

Agree :lol: Also, the bible, at least not the new testament, definitely wasn't written "over 2000 years ago" :lol:

I struggle to take people seriously who believe in God, like. Bigi cracks me up on instagram.

That's interesting. It seems to serve Bigi pretty well, by all accounts a good kid and professional with his head screwed on right.

What motivates you? Or helps determine the decisions you make?

I struggle to take people seriously who believe in God, like. Bigi cracks me up on instagram.

That's interesting. It seems to serve Bigi pretty well, by all accounts a good kid and professional with his head screwed on right.

Why can't you motivate yourself, make your own decisions and be of a sound moral standing without the help of 'somebody' else?

If I was to talk to someone in the real world who confessed to being highly religious I'd probably secretly find them a bit loopy tbh. It just comes with the territory.

Nothing against them or anything, I just cannot comprehend spending my life like that.

:lol:

That's like me aswell, i just struggle to take them serious :lol:

Bigi seems like a great lad in videos team-mates post of him and that, then his uploads are literally just filled with religous bullshit. I mean i don't mind it, if it gets the lad by day to day and gives him a self of purpose and all that but by god it's barmy, like  :laugh:

Why can't you motivate yourself, make your own decisions and be of a sound moral standing without the help of 'somebody' else?

Human nature and our entire history shows we are quite terrible at this.

It's a fascinating discussion, and one I find interesting though.

I'm going to check out that thread that was posted sometime, as I sense some people don't want to see this sort of thing discussed here.